New on the forums!

Hi all, 

I'm not really new to neopets (been playing quite a while, with a few breaks here and there), however I am new to the TDNforums. I've been doing the dailies on here for about 3 years but never thought of joining any forums. Everybody I know chuckles when I tell them I play neopets, but I'm maybe hoping to meet some people who have a similar interest. It seems that there are a great many adults of varying ages and backgrounds in the world of neopets, so yay! It's wonderful to meet you all (just wish I could do that face-to-face, but I guess a screen'll have to do ;) :) 

Welcome to the forums! I'm with you on being an adult on Neopets (My current account is ~9 years old but I've been on Neopets since around 2001-2002, as I lost my first account to scamming as a young teen like a newb) and I am also a newcomer to the forums, but everyone I've encountered here so far has been nothing but kind, funny, and helpful! I'm confident you'll have a similar experience :)

Hi Timberwolf! Welcome to the TDN Forums & super nice community of interesting players. I sent you a "welcome package" based on your pets- please keep or sell the items, whatever helps you out. ;) Btw, your look up is awesome, got a nice calm vibe from it.  :rambo: So I hope to see posts that you will make to let us know what is going on or what your latest rant is. I'm a bit tired out from the AC games & Ramadan, just chilling with my sisters this holiday (Eid) weekend. Happy Gaming to you!  :rock:

Hello and welcome to the Forums :)

Very cool avvie!

Thank you! I kinda have a thing for wolves :rolleyes_anim:

Welcome to the forums! I'm with you on being an adult on Neopets (My current account is ~9 years old but I've been on Neopets since around 2001-2002, as I lost my first account to scamming as a young teen like a newb) and I am also a newcomer to the forums, but everyone I've encountered here so far has been nothing but kind, funny, and helpful! I'm confident you'll have a similar experience :)

Thanks! I totally resonate with the newb struggles, but hey - it sucks that you got scammed. Indeed, I'm confident in that as well!

Welcome to TDN! I haven't told anyone that I still play neopets :laughingsmiley: But you'll meet lots of adults here that do! Everyone is really helpful (and the avatar lending program is a plus ;))

Thanks! I could certainly use some more avatars :thumbsup:

Hi Timberwolf! Welcome to the TDN Forums & super nice community of interesting players. I sent you a "welcome package" based on your pets- please keep or sell the items, whatever helps you out. ;) Btw, your look up is awesome, got a nice calm vibe from it.  :rambo: So I hope to see posts that you will make to let us know what is going on or what your latest rant is. I'm a bit tired out from the AC games & Ramadan, just chilling with my sisters this holiday (Eid) weekend. Happy Gaming to you!  :rock:

Thank you, midnight_spell360! I appreciate the package, everything is wonderful! I am going to send you a few items too  :D Thanks! I also am pleased to see that you are on Team Krawk Island for the AC. Always nice to see a fellow team supporter. I hope you have a relaxing time at your sister's place! Happy gaming to you as well

Welcome to TDN Forums & community to you too, Zulia! I hope you will enjoy our special group of helpful players that have lots of information about Np. I sent you a "welcome" package based on your 3 pets: lutari, xweetok, & skeith. Keep or sell the items, whatever helps you the best! :rambo:  

Thank you to Timberwolf for the Thanks Card, Fashion for Krawks, Kacheek Marshmallows on a stick, Peanut Butter Shoyru, Dark Chocolate Aisha, and Grundo Veggieballs Coin. It was very nice & I liked them for my pets!  :woot:

It's ok Zulia, that you got confused and rejected the welcome pakage-if there is something else that you collect or would rather have- just nm me or post and I will try to get what you like.  :rock:

Edited by midnight_spell360

:rock:  Wow! You are too sweet. It must be a Texas thing (where I am located also) ;)

I mightve accidentally rejected your care package, as my guild mate and I were playing around and tossing ridiculous amount of things at each other in a battle over who is "nicest". But I sincerely appreciate the gesture, that really is so kind of you. 

Welcome to the forums both of you! The people I tell about neopets don't even know it, but many of them understand someone wanting to play games so they don't really chuckle when telling them about it. I'm an oddball anyway so they're not even surprised :P

If you're just honest and even enthusiastic about it, your friends will even like it about you that you don't care to be "an oddball" or have some, in their eyes, odd things you like.

I've been around on neo since Y2 and introduced some of my friends to it and made some of those addicted too ;)

Welcome to the TDN Forums! There are really nice mature members here, so you should get along great. c:

Welcome to the forums! Im new here too. What do you like most about Neopets? For me, it is the stock market and food club betting that keep me coming back day after day.

Thanks Zulia! And a big friendly welcome to you as well :) The stock market is pretty addicting, I'll admit it. For me, I like the customization, shop stocking, battledome,  and all the cool HTML coding techniques to make user lookups and petpages look awesome. 

Welcome to TDN Forums & community to you too, Zulia! I hope you will enjoy our special group of helpful players that have lots of information about Np. I sent you a "welcome" package based on your 3 pets: lutari, xweetok, & skeith. Keep or sell the items, whatever helps you the best! :rambo:  

Thank you to Timberwolf for the Thanks Card, Fashion for Krawks, Kacheek Marshmallows on a stick, Peanut Butter Shoyru, Dark Chocolate Aisha, and Grundo Veggieballs Coin. It was very nice & I liked them for my pets!  :woot:

It's ok Zulia, that you got confused and rejected the welcome pakage-if there is something else that you collect or would rather have- just nm me or post and I will try to get what you like.  :rock:

You're welcome midnight_spell360, I'm glad you liked the gifts! Your gift matching to user's neopets idea was pure genius, so I thought I'd return the kind gesture :laughingsmiley:

Welcome to the forums both of you! The people I tell about neopets don't even know it, but many of them understand someone wanting to play games so they don't really chuckle when telling them about it. I'm an oddball anyway so they're not even surprised :P

If you're just honest and even enthusiastic about it, your friends will even like it about you that you don't care to be "an oddball" or have some, in there eyes, odd things you like.

I've been around on neo since Y2 and introduced some of my friends to it and made some of those addicted too ;)

Thanks Duma! I actually ended up getting some of the chucklers to play it themselves, and indeed they ended up liking neopets a lot... so yay for oddball-ishness! It's awesome that you were able to get your friends addicted too! Honesty and enthusiasm can go a long way, I'm glad you see it that way. 

Welcome to the TDN Forums! There are really nice mature members here, so you should get along great. c:

Thank you Sheepit! I agree wholeheartedly.  :laughingsmiley: