can anyone help my with my shop?

jessebaarsede

hello since i was playing neopets again for a few weeks

i collect some items i want to keep ....
 i have some that i like to sell because i don't like them and they worth like 2-3k-30-50k 

buttt....

i place them in my shop a few thousand under the worth and i sell anything?? what is wrong???

can someone take a look???

my username is jesseede

Wrong Board

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

so I think what it might be is that the items you are selling aren't the fastest sellers - they're not codestones for example, so they take a little longer to sell. I just had a super quick look and you might have lowered the prices a bit too much too? My approach is if it's not a decent stamp/codestone/MP etc., then I don't really expect it to sell quickly.
Anyone else?

It is precisely the reason the previous users have stated. There isn't a very high demand for the items you have, so it will take longer. Those items typically sit in your shop longer, but rest assured they will sell eventually. Just like selling stuff in real life that are rare with low demand, you have to wait for the right person to come along and want it enough to purchase it. I hope I was of help!

What everyone is saying is correct! You're items in the shop aren't really high demand, they're more like items a collector would search for and the dubloon's will most likely be the first items to go as they can be used for training in the Pirate Academy of spent at the Dubloon Shop.

However your prices are WAY LOW (and a few a bit high) and I would hate to see you jipped or have someone buy off you and just turn around and sell for a profit. If you want to sell your items but ensure they're going to someone who WANTS them and won't re-sell them I would only go a little bit under the Jellyneo Database listed price, so if I were listing these items in my shop this is around what I'd price them; 

• The Snowager - Between 24,000-25,000
  • Yellow Sticky Hand - I'd stay right at 170, no lower, no higher.
  • Two Dubloon Coin - That's exactly what I would have price it! Sometimes If I want something to go faster I'll go down 1 np and bring it down to 399. The human mind doesn't necessarily comprehend a price as a whole, so when someone sees the 3, they jump at it as a steal. My mother had these crafts that she made and sold for $10 and when reading this theory online somewhere she marked them as $9.99 and she sold WAY more surprisingly. I will never understand this.
  • One Hundred Dubloon Coin - I would go somewhere between 17k-17.8k
  • Wooden Snowflake Scultpure - Seems like a good price where it's at, maybe jump it up another 500 np just to appeal more to collectors than to re-sellers. :)
  • Kayla Pen I would definitely bring this one up more, somewhere between 16.5k-17.5k
  • Wock Till You Drop Speaker - Between 15k-16k
  • Icy Decorated Tree - This one seems pretty good, but maybe add another 500 np?
  • Tapira - Perfect Price :D
  • Biscuit Chair This one seems good too!
  • Coltzan Negg - These are actually only worth 100 np, these might sell better if you went down to exactly 100np each.
  • Peophin-shaped Souffle - I would go up between 12k-13.5k on this one
  • Earth Faerie Wing - These are marked WAY low actually under 17k lower than what they're worth. I would definitely go between 40k-45k and that would still be pretty low, they're valued at 49.5k
  • Wind Up Faerie Xweetok - These are actually valued at 200 NP and I would just bump it up to that exact price, just because 200 np is so cheap to begin with.
  • Red Stapler - I would mark this between 25k-28k
  • Purple Lipstick - This is WAY low as it's value is 55.5k, I would go somewhere between 49k-53k

The way I price my shop is to go just under the price of expensive items (a couple K here and there), if it's between 5k-15k I either do the exact price or go a tiny bit under, usually not too much under 1k and if it'es between 1np-5k I do the exact price that is in the jellyneo database.

The highest amount of np's you can charge in shops is 99,999 and after that I just kinda price on value weather that's a bit under Jellyneo's price, right at it, or over, depends on the item. 

Remember raising the price on these items are not the reason they aren't getting bought, they're just not items that are HIGH DEMAND as everyone has stated. Even following my price guideline they're still lower. I usually sell my items quickly as I try to go a tiny bit under what they're worth, making my item the cheapest on Shop Wiz and the first to go when people are looking for it :)

so how do i sell a little bit quicker with this items???

i like to sell them...

There really is no quick sell or get rich method on Neopoints. It takes patients and work. The best way to keep your shop income flowing is to keep it stocked, once someone sees that you have items they like they'll keep coming back. That's really what keeps it thriving. Keep it stocked, add more items and wait for customers, I'm sure you'll get regulars in no time.

What do you mean restock fast? Are you using the Quick Stock Feature from your inventory? 

It doesn't really need to be fast as long as you keep it stocked.

NOTICE: I just bought out his shop -- Random act of kindness for the day. Just pass it on when you have the resources.

Everything the previous people said is right. I price things slightly below JN's listed price, then if it doesn't sell after a while I'll drop the price some (maybe 5-10%). Repeat until someone buys it. 

Most of your stuff wasn't very resellable/useable, so it would have taken longer to sell than, say, codestones.

with these kind of items it's just a waiting game.

NOTICE: I just bought out his shop -- Random act of kindness for the day. Just pass it on when you have the resources.

Everything the previous people said is right. I price things slightly below JN's listed price, then if it doesn't sell after a while I'll drop the price some (maybe 5-10%). Repeat until someone buys it. 

Most of your stuff wasn't very resellable/useable, so it would have taken longer to sell than, say, codestones.

with these kind of items it's just a waiting game.

heheheh

now my shop has 90k + items hopeing for someone who buys

if u want some special prices u just need to say :P

sometimes i place some dubloons for not too much !

Hi. I notice generic food items sell quickly so if you play Dice-a-Roo, the food items you win there or some items from the Food Shop sell pretty quickly. So if you want to see some quick turnover you can stock those items as well.  Possibly because items like those are requested for quests and jobs more often.

I have a question though: I notice you have some TCG cards in your store, which I bought; Where do you get TCG cards? *I should probably know this stuff but... sigh... I don't :( *

• 2 weeks later...