Thoughts on just keeping your neopets in the NeoLodge consistently?

Just a random thought that I've been trying out, but I'd love to get other people's thoughts and opinions! Would you ever consider/have you considered/have you actually put your neopets in the NeoLodge consistently and indefinitely?  In theory, if you chose the cheaper options, it could potentially cost you less NP to put them up for, say, 28-days at a time, and would be a lot less hassle then feeding your pets, playing with them, and grooming them everyday. All of this, of course, if you aren't already feeding them specific things or playing with specific toys so that you can get an avatar or level them up or something like that! Know what I mean? Has anyone else done this and can tell me how it worked out for them, or just thoughts and opinions on this "tactic?"

Well... seeing as I take caring for my neopets as serious as I would with a real pet (yes, that's how sad I am) I only take them to the NeoLodge if I can't take care of them for a while, like site maintenance that lasts for more than one day, or because I feel like they can just have a one-week stay for fun seeing as they like going there on vacation. :) Even though I understand why (lazy :P) people see keeping them there forever as an option, I don't think I'll be doing it anytime soon. And that's it for my thoughts on your question. I hope it... helped (or something XD)? Just do what feels right is my advice. Anyways, good luck on your decision. :D

When  I was a kid, I used to feed and play with my pets religiously, and would only place them in the lodge if I knew I wouldn't have access to a computer. To this day, I'm a bit more lax with the feeding but I still can't bear to leave them in a lodge if I have the ability to feed them. There's just too much good looking food in Neopia, and I want my pets to eat as much as possible! I have tried it once before, and I enjoyed getting the emails that would get sent from your pet, but I felt like a lazy parent :p Of course, I would put them in the most expensive hotel and include all the extras, so I wasn't really saving any money (just...Cockroach Towers? I would never do that to my children).

Long story short, it's a useful tactic if you're saving up money (though you could always get free food from dailies and such), and if you're away and don't want your pets to get sad. 

During the AC I totally kept mine in the Lodge so they'd stay fed. I keep my battle a little hungry for the healing that comes with eating, but it's not uncommon for me to keep the rest in the Lodge. It's fairly inexpensive and I don't feel guilty if I miss a couple days of playing when I'm busy. 

Mine are in the lodge, now, can I use my disease as an excuse... :shiftyeyes_anim: See I have MS, and I've got pretty significant cognitive problems, one of them being a short term memory which is fried to hell and back, so I consistently forget to feed my pets. I absolutely don't LIKE putting them in the lodge, but I like finding them famished even less!

I keep them in either the mountain lodge or ye olde ship inn, the more expensive places don't appeal much. Generally the mountain lodge though, because the locale appeals the most to me, they'll enjoy all that outside space. They get all the extras apart from the burger bar, lol. No unhealthy food for you guys! :woot:

I normally always keep my pets in the Neolodge at all times so I don't have to worry about feeding them everyday. :)

I keep my pets there all the time, and I don't even have a good excuse... I'm just lazy and forgetful. When I was younger I felt bad about this and would only use the neolodge when I really had to, but even then, I'd pick a nice place and include extra commodities. Now I just chuck them in cockroach towers (or whatever it's called) and I don't feel bad at all. Well, maybe now that I just said that I "chuck" them there, I feel a little bad. Growing up made me cruel, lol.

I keep all but my battle/active pet in the Neolodge for the 28 days...in the Cockroach Towers...they'll deal lol. I keep Helo out just in case I need him to eat something for an avatar or hitpoints (huzzah for the free NC cupcake this year!). 

Neo calls it cockroach towers specifically so people will feel bad and pay more for their pet to stay in a more expensive place with a better "name."  lol.  And that is ALL they are getting, is a better NAME.  I keep 3 of my 4 pets in the lodge, my active pet I keep out so I can feed her gourmet foods, etc.  But the ones in the lodge, you can still play with them and read them books etc, so it isn't like you are ignoring them.  You are just making absolute sure they are being fed.  Nothing wrong with that IMO. 

I am such a horrible owner that I only feed my battle pet... xD

It may say that their hunger is dying, but they won't ever die. The neopets have learned the secrets of immortality! :D

I only train and feed one of my four pets, but I totally care about them equally...  :rolleyes_anim:

I swear I'm not a bad person.  :sad01_anim:

It may say that their hunger is dying, but they won't ever die. The neopets have learned the secrets of immortality! :D

I only train and feed one of my four pets, but I totally care about them equally...  :rolleyes_anim:

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. I do this as well & rotate which one is my active pet at times.

I always feed my pets, but I don't play with them or groom them. I really like just giving them different foods so I can see their response. 

I SHOULD send them on vacation, but I'm too cheap to do it.  :laughingsmiley:

I've never before used the NeoLodge.. but I'm finding this thread interesting bc I'm going away for a couple of days and was considering trying it. It sounds like ppl like it, so I think I'll give it a try. I agree though - I'm too soft for animals to even put a virtual one in the "Cockroach Towers" haha

I do this a lot when I get sick of finding enough omelettes for all of them LOL. I also have trouble putting them in "cockroach tower" and usually choose Mountain Lodge or the fairy one with a few amenities. rntracy1 has a great point though. It really is just a name and likely they did that so people would spend more neopoints into the NP economy, LOL.

I tried to keep up with feeding, but quickly fell behind. It also takes time to have the window open up and do each one, wait for the loading and have to press the same food again and do the same thing. To me, it just feels tedious.

If they were reading through this TNT would be thrilled to know that their emotional blackmail psychology works so well :laughingsmiley:

I do this a lot when I get sick of finding enough omelettes for all of them LOL. I also have trouble putting them in "cockroach tower" and usually choose Mountain Lodge or the fairy one with a few amenities. rntracy1 has a great point though. It really is just a name and likely they did that so people would spend more neopoints into the NP economy, LOL.

I tried to keep up with feeding, but quickly fell behind. It also takes time to have the window open up and do each one, wait for the loading and have to press the same food again and do the same thing. To me, it just feels tedious.

I used to feel the same way.  I would click on extra amenities too, but then I read up top that the jacuzzi, sauna, and fitness are already included so I figured, why pay for that AGAIN?  Then I figured, they are already being fed, so why add restaurant and burger bar?  Then I figured, I can wash their clothes, so why pay for that?  I figured, I am sure they have a bathroom, so why add that?  My pets don't play tennis, so eh.  Cockroach towers it is.  LOL.  

I eternally keep mine in the lodge (Hotel Opera - 4 stars!).  I work overnights and already have enough dailies to do LOL 

Between that, running a household, and now being a PokeMaster, I really just prefer to leave them in the lodge.

4 stars!  Ha ha!  Neo got you, lol.  Like Jellysundae says too, it is about the psychology of it.  Nobody wants to put themselves, or their pets, into a place called "cockroach towers."  But I assure you, they are getting the same treatment as the pets in the 4 and 5 star hotels.  They ALL have jacuzzi, sauna and fitness center.  So, why would you want to pay an extra 5 nps per night for that?  Plus, they are getting fed, so why pay an extra 5nps for restaurant or burger bar?  Psychology.  LOL.  This thread is getting too funny.  LOL

I always feed my pets, but I don't play with them or groom them. I really like just giving them different foods so I can see their response. 

I SHOULD send them on vacation, but I'm too cheap to do it.  :laughingsmiley:

Me too.  Every once in a while, when I get a new toy, I will have them play with it to see what they say or if it changes their mood.  Sometimes they break the toy and then it becomes worth MORE!  Pretty cool too.  I put my pets in the cockroach towers for 10 days and it is 50 nps.  Everyone can afford 50 nps.  Play one game of fashion fever and you can put all of your pets in the cockroach towers for 10 days and still have nps left over!  :rock:

You aren't a bad owner, but it is totally easy to put them up in the cockroach towers for 50 nps and you totally feel better about yourself. :rolleyes_anim:

If they were reading through this TNT would be thrilled to know that their emotional blackmail psychology works so well :laughingsmiley:

Absolutely ;) They know what they are doing.  They know how to get us to spend our hard earned NPs.  LOL

Yup, all of them in the cheapest hotel. I don't always have time, I can sell the daily food and earn more money then when I were to give it to my pets or even more than the lodge costs me (plus I wouldn't even get enough food for all my pets) and I don't like seeing them sad because of hunger. I get an email when they get out, so then they go back in for another 28 days. They still say I'm the best owner in the world, so :P

When I was younger I would put them in the most expensive one with all commodities and only for a few days. But I learned they are in fact just pixels that let me have fun. The only thing you can't do is feed them, so, I only leave them out when I need to feed them something specific. I'm not gourmet feeding yet, so basically they are all in the lodge at all times, and I don't feel bad to put them in a hotel with lots of petpets (cockroaches). 0:)

I've never put mine in the lodge (knock on wood :whistle: ). But doesn't anyone see the irony in saying you don't have time to feed them--but you have time to write posts about not having time to feed them? (: (Or play games to earn the necessary $$$ for :icecream: :thumbsup: ) (Try Movie Central too for free food.)

I've never put mine in the lodge (knock on wood :whistle: ). But doesn't anyone see the irony in saying you don't have time to feed them--but you have time to write posts about not having time to feed them? (: (Or play games to earn the necessary $$$ for :icecream: :thumbsup: ) (Try Movie Central too for free food.)

I guess a little bit, but typing up a response to a thread that you have interest in is different from doing the same tedious thing every day or every other day. Like Sinvanor said, some computers are just slower and it takes a lot of time to feed however many items to each pet, wait for the window to lose, wait to open a new one, then do that for however many pets you have. If you're really so worried about the NP, then it makes more sense to save your self the time by just putting them in the Lodge for a month at a time. Cheaper, cost efficient, and time efficient What's not to love?

I guess a little bit, but typing up a response to a thread that you have interest in is different from doing the same tedious thing every day or every other day. Like Sinvanor said, some computers are just slower and it takes a lot of time to feed however many items to each pet, wait for the window to lose, wait to open a new one, then do that for however many pets you have. If you're really so worried about the NP, then it makes more sense to save your self the time by just putting them in the Lodge for a month at a time. Cheaper, cost efficient, and time efficient What's not to love?

Exactly. Most people don't have time every day, but you don't post about it every day. There are days people don't even have time to go online to relax. Plus, they might have side accounts, so you would have to send a lot of food over, accept it and feed all of them instead of just sending over some NP and putting those pets in a lodge as well. If you want to switch around pets, you can still do so by checking them out early or wait for the time/vacation to end.

It's just way more time and NP efficient. :nerd:

On my main, I keep them in all the time just because I'm too lazy to feed them all everyday and it keeps them happy and bloated.

However on my sides I'm usually at the soup kitchen. Since I don't have adblock for my sides it feels like I'm helping JS   :P

I put my pets in Hotel Opera... yes the psychology gets to me!  But i put them there for the maximum amount of time allotted. I don;t mind the cost because I make more than that in one day of dailies *shrug*.  If I want one to eat something for an avatar I just wait till they come out and get hungry, otherwise they remain fully fed all the time.  I too find it a bit tedious to have to feed each pet several items for them to get full. I still play with them, read to them and train & battle with my active pet so being in the lodge doesn't stop those activities  I don't feel guilty about it at all because I rather they are in there than starving and dying. 

It's the tediousness of feeding that gets to me, too. Plus I invariably try to feed them something that gets a response of "yuk, I'm not eating one of those!" :laughingsmiley:

It's hard to remember who doesn't like what, lol. Who needs children when your Neopets are picky eaters!

Exactly Jelly! :laughingsmiley:  Plus, whatever food items you pick up during dailies are never enough to feed all 4 pets and I still have to go hunt down extra items, hope everybody likes what they get and go through the tedium of clicking, loading, clicking and waiting....  :mellow:  :tired:  :sleeping_03anim: