Odd, but not so unwelcomed glitch

Teganrose1

Ok, so a couple of days ago, my Grarrl was hungry, so I got some junk from the money tree (silly thing has the oddest of tastes) and fed him some stuff. After feeding him an old rotten left boot, this happened:702MNC0.png?1

Weird that his hunger spiked like that, but I wasn't complaining. Now, it's been a few days, and here is when the glitch shows: his hunger hasn't changed from very bloated. I haven't fed him either. I know what your thinking: he's a Grarrl, he probably ate something from your inventory to satiate his hunger. To all non-Grarrl owners, Grarrls only eat something from the inventory when their hunger is low, and usually never past "not hungry". Plus, my inventory doesn't have anything missing anyway.

I wouldn't have thought so, I mean you're not gaining items or NP or anything from it, though you are saving from not having to feed him.

I've really no idea though, one of the TDN staff might be able to tell you.

If you're willing to test it, see if you can get him to eat anything else. It might make him start going hungry again so it's your choice if you test it. Putting him in the neolodge might stop the glitch for sure though.

It would be a good idea to report this since it'll just make it be fixed faster, but I doubt you'd really get in trouble if it wasn't reported. 

If they have been very bloated for more than 24 hours, then it's probably a glitch.

It's a glitch that JumpStart should probably be notified of.

I have a Skeith who, like the Grarrl, will eat anything.  While I was aware of the fact that they can eat items from your inventory, I did NOT know that they WILL eat them if they become hungry.  My question is, will they still eat items if they are not the active pet?  I keep mine in the neolodge so I don't really need to worry about it, but I need to be careful, which I usually am anyway because of random events, about keeping rare/expensive items in my inventory.

• 2 years later...

So I found out it isn't a glitch for the most part. The weight of the item you feed your pet determines how many stages of fullness your pet goes up. Since grarrls and skeiths eat anything, they can eat really heavy things that will bring their fullness well above very bloated and it will take a while for their fullness to go down.