Issues with size of screens (on Neopets)

Nielo

Ever since I got my new laptop, a lot of the stuff on Neopets just looks... off. Some parts of the site have gotten smaller for me (in comparison to the rest of the site, which looks completely normal), and not everything fits on the screen the way it's supposed to. It's only on Neopets, I haven't had any issues with other sites, and I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that this laptop is is smaller than my old one (this one has a 13 inch screen) or with Windows 10, or with a combination of the two. (Or with something else altogether.)

It doesn't really intefere with playing Neopets, so it's not a big issue, but it's definitely annoying.

Here are a few examples:

Kiko Pop:

Neopets_off_3.jpg

Neopia:

Neopets_off_4.jpg

Customisation (has just gotten a lot smaller):

Neopets_off_1.jpg

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

I don't believe it is due to Windows 10, but more of the laptop screen size. Many new laptops and monitors are more rectangular size, vs square, when monitors were first made. Also, when Neopets was created, square monitors were the norm. Because laptop screens are rectangular, they tend to display in 16:9 format, vs 4:3 for square monitors. I usually play Neopets on a Netbook. The only games that give me a problem, however, is Coal War Tactics. Due to the size of the game, it doesn't fit my Netbook's screen - it gets "cut-off", like what may be happening with your new laptop. My Netbook has only two resolution sizes - 1024 X 768 and 800 X 600. I have it on 1024 X 768. In your case, you might want to try a higher or lower resolution, depending of what resolutions your display is capable of - maybe try 1280 X 800, if it is able to do so, or if it already on that, try 1024 X 768. Also, your display adapter might have its own program you can use. nVidia, Intel, AMD and ATI sometimes have one, and it may allow to change other items, like setup your screen for 16:9 or change it to 4:3. Usually, you will see an icon, on the task bar, near the date/time area, or in the overflow area, by clicking on the "up arrow". Opening it may give you more options. Why it works on other web sites and not Neopets - my guess is most websites have taken new monitor sizes into consideration, like rectangular, 16:9, and have modified their site to accommodate that, while Neopets may not have done that, yet. If you still have problems, please post, and possible give what display adapter you are using. I can walk you through, if needed. Hope this helps.

Have you perhaps changed the Zoom on your browser? For Firefox, go to the View Menu, click on Zoom, and then reset. Internet explorer also has a Zoom in the View menu, and it displays the percentage, should be set at 100%.

Those are the browsers I use. I haven't had your issue, unless I zoomed in or out and forgot to reset.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

I'd already tried zoom though, but zoom affects the entire page, while only parts of the screen are affected for me.

Thanks Scoobert_Doo, that makes sense. It turns out my laptop can do over a dozen different resolution sizes, and 1024 x 768 does make Neopets look normal again (of course, it does create two black bars on the side of my screen, but it's nice to know I have options - maybe I'll play around with the other sizes as well). It was mostly out of curiosity that I asked anyway, since I could still play Neopets normally. I just want to know why things don't work the way they're supposed to. And now I do. Thanks. :)