favorites... weapons competitors prizes

I mainly choose to battle the Koi Warrior, but I occasionally battle Walein when I feel like changing things up a bit.

Jetsam Ace for consistently decent items. I also rotate through plumbeard (who i can't beat yet), robo grarrl, evil sloth clone and jelly chia - usually get red and regular codestones from them but, there's also the (tiny) possibility that they'll drop a really useful weapon or stamp i don't want to pay for.

I almost always go for the Kreludan Robot guy (brain farting, sorry) because he's only lvl 14, so it's fast & easy :P I usually get at least 3 regular or red codestones & a few neocola tokens, which sell quick.

Well, I used to beat up Jelly Chia, I think even before we started collecting prize data from the opponents. Why? He has 2 stamps an a book that you can only get through beating him.  Here's his profile link if anyone is curious.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/142/

I used to use my Leaf Shield, Hanso Charisma Charm for battle, and the An Icicle faerie ability (for a little extra damage). The NICE thing about that combo is this. Jelly Chia's weapons are almost ALL Water, Physical and Earth. The ONLY exception is his Evil Snowball. A pet with equal or greater defense in their stats compared to their offense, will block a good deal of, if not all damage from Jelly Chia. I used the Dual-Duty of Hanso Charisma Charm to not only defend dark icons, On the CHANCE he'll use his Evil Snowball. And the charm does 10 icons of damage. Kind of weak offense, but my pet got through those battles without getting injured at all. Which was the point. LOL My pet was much weaker back then though, now I can 1-shot him. Although, he's not very strong, a medium leveled pet should be able to beat him in 2 moves with the use of the items and strategy I mentioned above. ;)

The stamps don't sell for nearly as much as they used to, the book was worth about 16k, now it's at 10k. Not BAD of course. LOL

I originally thought the nature of this topic was What Weapon would you love to have from a 1p opponent. It's 4:30am for me, so I must've just misread it because I'm tired. That being said, IF there was 1 weapon I could steal and keep, it would be Prismatic Mirror. During the Obelisk War, my faction fought Envy. I stole his Prismatic Mirror a number of times, and it was OH SO SATISFYING to send most or all of his damage BACK at him!! It also was fun, being able to stand up to a boss opponent for a few extra turns! ;) Sadly, stealing is still not working in the BD. And MORE unfortunately, Prismatic Mirror is ONLY available to the 1p opponents. I doubt it will EVER be available to we Neopians. :(

Although, the only Icon that cannot be reflected is Physical. So having a Shield that defends Physical, PLUS Prismatic Mirror, would be one HARD combo to stop! (In this case, I'd probably pair it with an Altadorian Swordbreaker), Which does a measly 6 earth icons, but blocks ALL physical!

Next time there's a war plot and an opponent has a Prismatic Mirror, and IF Stealing is fixed in the BD by then, that would be a really interesting combination to try out! :D

G'night! :)

I haven't actually battled many oponents. All the easy characters from Battleground of the Obelisk, Flaming Meerca, Harry the Mutant Moehog, Pant Devil, Chia Clown, Punchbag Bob, Mr. Chuckles, S750 Kreludan Defender Robot and Valin. I like to battle the Chia Clown best out of those characters. I was originally trying to get the Rainbow Paint Brush from him. I know the prizes are random, but I thought I could have a chance. After 200 battles I decided it was better for me to just save up NP for the PB. Anyway, I still liked the Chia Clown after that because he is easy for me to beat and he can give decent prizes. However, there are a lot of opponents at this point whom I haven't battled yet, so I don't know if there is one I would like better. As for prizes, I think codestones would be my favorite at this point, any type. I don't use them, but they are worth a fair bit of np and easy to sell. Also, for the most part, I don't tend to get many items that are worth much, so it's nice I get the codestones fairly often.

• 1 month later...

You have to refresh in Maraqua to get Koi Warrior as an opponent.

I like to battle Jetsam Ace and Giant Space Fungus for the nerkmids, but that is only available to premium.  So if you don't have premium and want Codestones, Koi Warrior is the easiest.  If you can't take him out, the Kreludan Robot is a good starter opponent.  He also gives out armored neggs.