I registered here 10 years ago and completely forgot about it

hello

Hello! Recently, I discovered a bunch of really old activation messages in my e-mail, one of them being for this forum. I apparently signed up on August 5, 2006, meaning this account had its 10th birthday about 2 weeks ago. My profile also says I'm the 222nd user to register, which is pretty cool seeing how there's over 26 thousand users registered now. I started playing Neopets in 1999 and played it nearly every day until about 2006. Sadly, I have no clue what my password or email that I used to log into it was. I did use to lurk on really old unofficial Neopets forums back in the day, but I never felt like signing up. You can see my blatant creativity with the username "hello". I guess I was too lazy to think of a name, haha. I feel like it was just yesterday when I started playing Neopets when I was in the third grade, and now I've graduated from University of Maryland with an English Major degree. Time flies, doesn't it? Well, I guess this is goodbye for now (or forever), seeing as I haven't touched Neopets or let-alone any Neopets forums in almost a decade. Feel free to ask questions or just reply in general, although I highly doubt I'll remember any of you, lol.

Wow I think it's amazing how much things have changed since the onset of Neopets. Seeing people come and go, getting nostalgic along the way. My son started playing Neopets in the 90's and got me started. The kids that were the first players are having kids now, like a second generation of Neopets users have been born. I hope these parents share their childhood game with their children too! What a wonderful gift!

Wow I think it's amazing how much things have changed since the onset of Neopets. Seeing people come and go, getting nostalgic along the way. My son started playing Neopets in the 90's and got me started. The kids that were the first players are having kids now, like a second generation of Neopets users have been born. I hope these parents share their childhood game with their children too! What a wonderful gift!

Yeah, it's pretty amazing to see that. :D

I almost want to say: hello from the other side... lol but yeah, that's cheesy. *pinches nose* Anyway, hello, my older sisters (I have 4, so imagine surviving that-forget the computer-sharing, the bathroom sharing-oh no!) who are now all in college used to sit me on their laps and let me play with a yellow t-rex (grarrl) and belong to guilds that stuffed each other's Inventories with dung or snowballs and would draw pictures to "put in their shops" for themed contests. They got me started into this and now I'm heading into high school. What was your favorite thing to do on Neopets, playing games, making friends on Neoboards or in Guilds, getting avatars or rare items? What changes do you notice now that back in the beginning, you'd never thought that Neopets would be like this? Just curious and hope you can impart any wisdom before you leave your imprint and move on with your real life (rl).

I almost want to say: hello from the other side... lol but yeah, that's cheesy. *pinches nose* Anyway, hello, my older sisters (I have 4, so imagine surviving that-forget the computer-sharing, the bathroom sharing-oh no!) who are now all in college used to sit me on their laps and let me play with a yellow t-rex (grarrl) and belong to guilds that stuffed each other's Inventories with dung or snowballs and would draw pictures to "put in their shops" for themed contests. They got me started into this and now I'm heading into high school. What was your favorite thing to do on Neopets, playing games, making friends on Neoboards or in Guilds, getting avatars or rare items? What changes do you notice now that back in the beginning, you'd never thought that Neopets would be like this? Just curious and hope you can impart any wisdom before you leave your imprint and move on with your real life (rl).

I remember I used to spend a ton of time on the Neoboards, probably more than I should have, haha. I did use to play some of the games when I first joined, but that was when Neopets was in it's early days, so most of the games were really low quality and weren't that great. However, there were a few that I was decent at (can't think of which ones they were), and I managed to get a high score on a couple games. As for avatars and rare items, I did have some of the now-retired avatars which might be considered rare nowadays (Coco Roll, I Saved Mystery Island, the Battle for Meridell avatars, etc.,) but other than that I would just end up accidentally getting avatars while going through the site, lol. For items, I did have a shop where I sold semi-valuable things like paintbrushes, but I also sold things I found cool like motes and food. So to answer your question, the Neoboards were probably my favorite thing to do, and if not that it was collecting paintbrushes and other cool items.

One change I've noticed would be how much this game grew in popularity even after I stopped playing. I would have definitely thought Neopet's prime would have been 11-12 years ago, but as far as I've seen, the game grew tremendously within the past 7/8 years. It's honestly crazy to see a game I played so long ago still be active. One thing I've noticed is how the graphics have changed. When I joined, all of the Neopets looked like terrible Microsoft Paint drawings, some pets even being humans. I specifically remember the Bruce species used to just be a real photograph of some man which was pretty strange. The site layout has changed a lot too since I've last played, hopefully it's a lot better now. I might make a new account just for the fun of it, haha.

Well, hello, thank you for your thoughtful response. A Bruce was a photograph of a man- so bizarre! Lol I really hope that you make an account and just come around to post from time to time. Most TDN Forum members have rl work or school responsibilities and can't be on every day but when they get time to unwind from all the rl-stress, I enjoy the rants or raves about things that "Something has happened..." (can you believe we can now 'generate' this through the Coincidence daily?) or the latest glitches. TDN is full of generous and caring members that give great advice on rl issues as well as Battledome or Customization questions. So I hope you might consider hanging out once in a while.  :rolleyes_anim:

Welcome back! Your name is simple, but nice as well, being a friendly greeting and all =) My name was from my first Neopets account, started in 2001, which I don't have anymore. That was me being very weird at the time and randomly thinking of words, except I did like dragons a lot, still do, but not as into them now.

Anyway, yeah I think it's really cool how Neopets has been around for so long. There may not be as much merchandise and all that kind of stuff, but it's still popular and enjoyed by many people. I don't think many simar sites that were around when Neopets started are doing as well, if they are even around at all.

Okay, take care!

Well, hello, thank you for your thoughtful response. A Bruce was a photograph of a man- so bizarre! Lol I really hope that you make an account and just come around to post from time to time. Most TDN Forum members have rl work or school responsibilities and can't be on every day but when they get time to unwind from all the rl-stress, I enjoy the rants or raves about things that "Something has happened..." (can you believe we can now 'generate' this through the Coincidence daily?) or the latest glitches. TDN is full of generous and caring members that give great advice on rl issues as well as Battledome or Customization questions. So I hope you might consider hanging out once in a while.  :rolleyes_anim:

I may stick around a bit now that I'm out of school and don't really have much to do besides my boring day job. I did make a new account, my username is taylor_zabel, add me if you'd like. :)

Welcome back! Your name is simple, but nice as well, being a friendly greeting and all =) My name was from my first Neopets account, started in 2001, which I don't have anymore. That was me being very weird at the time and randomly thinking of words, except I did like dragons a lot, still do, but not as into them now.

Anyway, yeah I think it's really cool how Neopets has been around for so long. There may not be as much merchandise and all that kind of stuff, but it's still popular and enjoyed by many people. I don't think many simar sites that were around when Neopets started are doing as well, if they are even around at all.

Okay, take care!

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised too that Neopets is still going after all these years. Most online games from when I was younger have unfortunately met their fate in years past.

Hey hello! Your blue Aisha has their birthday today, so go to your User Look Up and click on her to see her pet page and you will be asked to choose a free cupcake!  :rock:

Thanks for accepting my Neofriend request. I sent you a Welcome package based on your pets!  :santa:

Edited by midnight_spell360

Hey hello! Your blue Aisha has their birthday today, so go to your User Look Up and click on her to see her pet page and you will be asked to choose a free cupcake!  :rock:

Thanks for accepting my Neofriend request. I sent you a Welcome package based on your pets!  :santa:

Thanks!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Please remember that quotes do not count toward your overall word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hi! I've been playing Neopets since the early 2000s. That account isn't active anymore but I have new accounts so it's all good. :)

Seriously, my mom got me a Desert Aisha plushie to match a Neopets Aisha play set I had when I was like 7 or 8 years old.

Welcome to the forum! 

Hi! I've been playing Neopets since the early 2000s. That account isn't active anymore but I have new accounts so it's all good. :)

Seriously, my mom got me a Desert Aisha plushie to match a Neopets Aisha play set I had when I was like 7 or 8 years old.

Welcome to the forum!

Very cool, thank you!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Please remember that quotes do not count toward your overall word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hello! Recently, I discovered a bunch of really old activation messages in my e-mail, one of them being for this forum. I apparently signed up on August 5, 2006, meaning this account had its 10th birthday about 2 weeks ago. My profile also says I'm the 222nd user to register, which is pretty cool seeing how there's over 26 thousand users registered now. I started playing Neopets in 1999 and played it nearly every day until about 2006. Sadly, I have no clue what my password or email that I used to log into it was. I did use to lurk on really old unofficial Neopets forums back in the day, but I never felt like signing up. You can see my blatant creativity with the username "hello". I guess I was too lazy to think of a name, haha. I feel like it was just yesterday when I started playing Neopets when I was in the third grade, and now I've graduated from University of Maryland with an English Major degree. Time flies, doesn't it? Well, I guess this is goodbye for now (or forever), seeing as I haven't touched Neopets or let-alone any Neopets forums in almost a decade. Feel free to ask questions or just reply in general, although I highly doubt I'll remember any of you, lol.

Welcome back to Neo! What was your old account called? I submitted a ticket to TNT about my account and they did help me get back into my account :) Maybe the same could work for you? I can't remember if I at least needed the correct email address... You never know, you might find it again :)

Welcome back to Neo! What was your old account called? I submitted a ticket to TNT about my account and they did help me get back into my account :) Maybe the same could work for you? I can't remember if I at least needed the correct email address... You never know, you might find it again :)

I don't really remember what I named it, D:

Plus, I probably can't even log into the e-mail I used to register it either. My e-mail provider was Netscape (if any of you remember that), which I'm almost positive has shut down since then.