Freeze an Account to Protect it?

Snowbell

I don't think there's a way to temporarily self freeze. I got hacked and they changed my password. I couldn't recover it because I forgot the old email password, and now my account is frozen. Some people on the neoboards are saying TNT did this to protect you if you sent in a ticket, which I had done. I would suggest making sure your email is updated so you can recover your password asap if need be. (also if you're super paranoid you could move some of your valuable stuff and np to a side account so it isn't all in one place)

here's a thread on the boards http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158241079&next=21

I don't think there's a way to temporarily self freeze. I got hacked and they changed my password. I couldn't recover it because I forgot the old email password, and now my account is frozen. Some people on the neoboards are saying TNT did this to protect you if you sent in a ticket, which I had done. I would suggest making sure your email is updated so you can recover your password asap if need be. (also if you're super paranoid you could move some of your valuable stuff and np to a side account so it isn't all in one place)

here's a thread on the boards http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158241079&next=

I moved valuable items to other accounts a while back.  It is a good idea not to keep everything in one place.  Changing passwords frequently is a VERY good idea too.

Neopets only freezes accounts for protection after suspecting it has been compromised. If you self freeze while waiting for them to fix security, you might as well never return.

To remain safe on Neopets, always log out and log back in after thinking you've gone some place you're unsure of. Also rntracy's suggestion of changing your passwords (and putting a pin on everything) is good action to take as well.

If you're super worried, you can download plugins for you browser like NoScript (FF only) and/or Ghostery. Research these programs before installing because they may be confusing to use at first.

Thank you everyone! I changed my passwords, pins (they are on everything), and emails. Would using a tor browser help at all? I will definitely look up NoScript and Ghostery. I do not want to leave neopets. I was just looking for a temporary solution, to further protect my account from hacking. I recently traded into UC tier and spend a lot of time in the PC which seems to be the profile hackers target.

I pondered about the same thing.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.