I'm working on a Hannah and the Pirate Caves remake

DroidFreak36

It's sad that such a great game has fallen into such a state of disrepair and near unplayability. So I decided to remake it in GameMaker:Studio where it can be compiled for HTML5 (or for desktop).

Here's my progress as of last night:

I'm always glad to have feedback, so if you have any, fire away (cue

).

Also, if you want to follow my development, I'll post updates in this thread and on my new project blog.

TOO SHORT! LOL

I'm kidding! ;) It honestly looks REALLY good! I haven't played the Hannah games in ages, but it's sad to learn from your post that the games themselves on Neopets are not like they used to be. :(

It's VERY cool that you can make a remake like this! You must be a very big fan of the Hannah games to even try it! :D

Best of luck! ^_^

I think it looks great, fun and also challenging. I like the "Hi" at the beginning =)

This makes me SO HAPPY! This and the Ice Caves were by far my favorite games on Neo as a kid. It's depressing not to be able to play them anymore.

So eventually can you release something like that for others to download, or is it just made and played for your own enjoyment? I'm not familiar with GameMaker:Studio.

You must be a very big fan of the Hannah games to even try it! :D

I am, and HATPC in particular. I used to be good enough at it to consistently play perfect games, and I would do that to farm Neopoints. That was a while ago though, and I haven't played Neopets much since.

This makes me SO HAPPY! This and the Ice Caves were by far my favorite games on Neo as a kid. It's depressing not to be able to play them anymore.

So eventually can you release something like that for others to download, or is it just made and played for your own enjoyment? I'm not familiar with GameMaker:Studio.

Yes. My eventual goal is to have it playable online in HTML5 form, and I'll probably also release it for download for various platforms (depending on whether I can afford the license to).

I just released an alpha version (of the first tutorial level) for Windows, so if you have a Windows PC, you can check it out and give me feedback on it.