Shockwave plugin in Games

meowified

Hey everyone!

I've had trouble playing shockwave games on Neo since I started playing, I don't know why, I used to play on windows and now im using a mac but I always download the plugin and do everything they say but it still doesnt work :( 

Any help please would be amazing!

The shockwave games have been fussy for quite some time now. Basically it's hit and miss trying to get them to work.

I have a Mac also, and I've had success using the latest version of safari for Hannah and the Pirate Caves and Gourmet Club Bowls, I already had the other Shockwave game avatars, so I haven't tried playing any of the other games recently. One thing I noticed is that when the new window pops up for the game, if it doesn't seem like it's loading properly, just click play again rather than closing the window first and eventually it should go through ^_^

Feel free to PM me if you've got questions - I'm not super tech savvy, but I might be able to help!

I don't have a Mac, but I do know a little about the Shockwave games. TNT/JS recently fixed them, so now most everyone can play them. For a long time, only a very few number of people were able to get them to work.

So, are you using Safari to play the Shockwave games? Chrome stopped supporting the Shockwave plugin, last September (2015), with their browser, starting with version 45, if I remember correctly. If you are using the latest Chrome, the Shockwave games will not work. Firefox will let you play the games, but does not post your scores, for some unknown reason. That has been happening for a few years, now.

If using Safari, do you know if your Mac is running a 64-bit or 32-bit OS X? The Shockwave plugin is 32-bit, so it may not work with a 64-bit browser. If your Mac is running 64-bit OS X, Safari may be 64-bit, too. If you can, try running Safari in 32-bit mode, and see if you are able to play the Shockwave games. I thought I saw from a search that it may be possible to run Safari in 32-bit mode.

In any case, good luck! I hope you can get it working, to get the avatars, trophies, nostalgia's sake, or whatever your goal(s) is/are!

EDIT: Almost forgot. If you do get a blank/blackscreen, in the game pop-up window, you may have to refresh the window a few times, to get the game to load.

Thank you guys so much! 

I'm actually playing on Chrome so that might be why its not working, and I managed to get it to work on Firefox but the game wouldn't send score, and I just thought I had the worst luck.

Thank you guys again for the help you guys are amazing! :,)