Strangely delicious foods

aminoshiki

Guys! I just discovered a new Haagen-Dazs ice cream flavor called "toasted sesame brittle" and it is seriously the most amazing thing in the universe. To me at least. All my friends think I'm nuts. Any not so normal flavors of foods out there that you all enjoy?

I basically lived in my best friends home growing up and her family is Taiwanese so I'm used to eating odd things for breakfast - like chicken feet and rice noodles stuffed with beef (which is the most insanely delicious dim sum item ever). I've always been kind if an adventurous eater so stuff like sweetbreads, cow heart, pigs ears - while they all sound really gross - are actually so delicious.

MMM PICKLES. I love pickles with anything lol. But I tend to not like them mixed into things. I remember a while back my friend was obsessed with pickle flavored potato chips, which I found disgusting.

Alex - that is actually my favorite dim sum item too!! That and the sticky rice wrapped in the banana leaves =P

And omg I too dip fries in ice cream. People think I'm crazy with that too but I'm glad I'm not the only one! I love the hot/cold effect it has as well.

A coworker recently tried to get me into root beer flavored pop tarts...he loves them but I kind of gagged not gonna lie.

I really like those Lays chicken and waffle flavored chips, but I don't think they were very popular. I like to put tabasco sauce on avacado. I also will take half an avacado, put a couple table spoons of tuna on there and then put tabasco sauce on top.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm Well, for some reason, most people seem to hate jelly donuts. I, on the other hand, am literally in love with them. xD

I can't think of anything really weird I like D: But perhaps I can be a bit excessive when it comes to salt and garlic? Very few things are too salty/garlic-y for me :9

I like to dip my salted french fries in my chocolate milkshakes/ice cream. I do this at Wendy's with their Frosty's too. It's sweet and salty

YES!!!! A friend showed me this a few years ago (I think it was a McFlurry and some particularly crispy/salty McDonalds fries), and it was instantly delicious.

It never tastes the same when I do it at home though, it definitely has to be fast food milkshakes and fries.

Guys! I just discovered a new Haagen-Dazs ice cream flavor called "toasted sesame brittle" and it is seriously the most amazing thing in the universe. To me at least. All my friends think I'm nuts. Any not so normal flavors of foods out there that you all enjoy?

I expect the availability of this depends on where you are (I'm in the UK), but I tried Lindt dark chocolate with sesame seeds recently, and it was delicious. That ice cream sounds yummy.

I like the combination of plain salted crisps and milk chocolate. I don't eat the two things in the same mouthful (although it might be worth trying!), but swap between the two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The other day I put jam on a cheesy olive bread, and it unexpectedly tasted really good!

Oh, has anyone ever had hot sauce in chocolate cake? So good!

Not specifically in chocolate cake, but I'm a big fan of all things chilli chocolate!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 4 weeks later...

Seeing my reply about the Lindt sesame chocolate again reminded me of another strange flavour - wasabi flavoured dark chocolate! It's another Lindt one, and again I don't know how commonly available it is. I wouldn't recommend eating it in large pieces, though! Little nibbles are best. :)

• 1 month later...

My favorite flavor of chips are the Limon (lime) Lays - I think they're so delicious but my boyfriend despises them. I also really like green tea and red bean flavored ice cream, which aren't particularly weird but certainly uncommon in the US.

At work we always get those new Lays Do Us A Flavor chips. So far the best ones have been the ones flavored like a Reuben and the Southern Biscuits and Gravy. The Cappuccino ones were also pretty interesting.

On a similar topic - does anyone else remember that green ketchup they came out with when Shrek was really popular? It tasted the exact same as regular ketchup but my child brain could not process it at all.

On 12/3/2016 at 3:00 PM, thiscouldbebeautiful said:

Not specifically in chocolate cake, but I'm a big fan of all things chilli chocolate!

Did you ever try the Chile Mocha drink at Starbucks? It was a limited edition thing last fall. It was sooooo amazing.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.