Fundraising for a Very Special Person

Musical_Shoyru

Hello everyone! I haven't been on much at all this week or on Neopets as Monday afternoon a tragedy hit a family very close to us. 

Upon a trip to Pentwaters in Michigan a family very near and dear to our heart lost their youngest daughter in an unforeseen paddle boarding accident. Hannah Harris was a 10 year old girl who loved Jesus, was smarter than anyone I've ever seen her age and a beautiful singer piano player. This world has become a really dark place without her. I'll never forget when she use to jump on my lap to ask to take 'selfies' with me or the moments I babysit her that she'd make me pull out my hair when she'd never listen, what I would give to deal with those moments that I found stressful at that point in time.

It's really been a reality check for myself and my family this past week. I know we hear all the time that we never know when our last day is with someone, but this is so true. It is also a horrible thing to have to learn. Life is so precious, especially to our young ones. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose you sister, your daughter, your grand child, your life. No actually I want to correct that, this family, IS MY FAMILY. This little girl IS my sister and I never, ever get to tell her how much she means to me again.

The last couple of days I have taken on the task with doing what I can for this family, I've found that I feel helpless and wish I could of done something. That any extra amount of hands in the situation could of saved her life. So I've been moving. I sat up a sign up for my friends and family to bring meals to them each night after the funeral so the mother doesn't have to worry about cooking and so far I've gotten almost a month's worth of dinner coming for them! My goal is to get 2 month's of sign ups for them so the mother can mourn and spend time with her other children instead of making dinner every night after work.

I also started a GoFundMe to help pay for a funeral for them that is going to cost around 12k, so far in just one day I've raised $1500. 

I mainly post this to talk about Hannah and to honor her memory, but to also reach out to friends on here. I would like to extend the invitation to help this family out if you feel led to. I don't know the policies about sharing other websites links or things like this on here, but if you think you'd be able to donate ANY type of money toward this GoFundMe campaign please message me and I can give you the link to do so. Even $5 helps!

I also want to extend my sincere amount of gratitude to the community here. I have met so many kind people and consider you all my friends and family. I do not want to have any of you lost to us do to unforeseen circumstances without you knowing that someone here appreciates you. I have collided with so many encouraging people on here that have helped me through my past issues that I cannot thank you enough. So, Thank You. 

I'm so sorry to know of this happening. Thoughts and much love to you and your loved ones. It is easy to think of things that could have been done, believe me I know. Things could not have been different because they are what they are, there's no way anyone could foresee this type of situation. It's not easy to consider when the loss is so recent, but it is true no one knows what is going to happen. However, we can remember those who mean so much to us and keep them in our hearts and you are obviously doing that. It is a noble thing you are doing to help Hannah's mom and rest of the family. I'm unfortunately very low on money generally speaking, but especially this month. It's good to know people who are in a better position are helping out.

I know what you mean about this forum and the people on here helping you through things, I feel the same way.

Again, much love and take care (I say a lot, but always mean it sincerely)!