Hello everyone!  I just returnedish to neo and was thinking about starting collecting stamps. I decided to start with sea shells because it was cheaper and have bid on all the unbuyable ones except the dazzling blue muscle (because I should make a little more money first) and now am just waiting.  

What are your thoughts on collecting? Is it worth it to you to spend all the nps to get the avatars?  Do you suggest starting somewhere?

I love collecting things on NP and IRL. I collect Fyora items for my gallery, and it's worth the NP to get  the avatar(s). I spent 2 mil to get the Faerie Queen Doll, and 600k on the reject version. I can honestly say that I have no regrets.

For a starting point, I would suggest going to JellyNeo. Look up stamps under special searches, They'll have a whole list of stamps. Start with getting the cheap ones, and work your way up. If you have a shop, selling stock helps raise np for the pricey stamps. Collecting bank interest helps too.

I hope this helps! :)

I collect stamps as well. As far as a starting point I guess it depends on what your ultimate objective is?

I started by just collecting what I could afford and after I had a decent collection I decided to complete my shell album. Now I'm working on Faerieland because I want the avatar, but I still keep an eye out for good deals on other stamps.

If you're into avatars, then I'd say it's definitely worth it to work on just one page that has an avatar - but any given album costs millions upon millions to complete and some stamps are very hard to come by.

I agree with WhiteWolf's suggestion though - if you don't have a definite goal then I would just work your way up by price :) Or pick the ones you think are prettiest. It's your collection - do what feels right to you!

Hello =) I collect stamps, but right now it is difficult because I only have access to internet on my phone. I use the tool on Jelly Neo to check what stamps I have, but I can't use it on my phone. When I finally get a laptop I'm going to be doing a lot more collecting, same with cards. One thing for me, at least with stamps and cards, is I only collect till I get to items I can't find with the Shop Wizard. I don't go to the trades or auctions, so I'm really not a serious collector. I'm more into collecting rainbow items for my gallery, that I have spent many millions on and will continue. I think whatever you enjoy, it is all part of the game =)

I also think it can definitely be worth spending a lot to get the avatars, again it depends on a person's preference. I like to collect avatars, but I don't go really out of my way to get every one, for example I don't do pet transfers with other users, I just get any avatars available with the pets I have on my accounts.

It's all a matter of opinion as to what people like and on what they think is worth spending time and/or np. The main thing is just to have fun!

Btw, today is HALF PRICE Day @ the Shops! This would be the BEST Day to pick up those stamps & shells.  :woot: I'm looking to clear out Faboo Uni's Wearables.  :laughingsmiley:

Happy Shopping today (Oct.3rd, 2016)! :party:

I LOVE collecting stamps and right now it is my main focus... WhiteWolf's advice on checking with JellyNeo is good too - that's what I use to figure out which one to seek next (I mainly go by price unless there's a stamp I just love and need to have). I haven't filled any of the pages yet except the sea shells - but you don't get an avatar for those. That's ok to me though - I don't collect avatars as actively, that's just a happy bonus :) I also regret I didn't see this in time to take midnight spells' advice on half price day... next time!!