Nay for Hurricane Matthew

WhiteWolf

As I type this, Miami has been given a Tropical Storm Warning (worse than Watch). Hurricane Matthew may miss Miami, it will still get tropical storm force winds and rain. Honestly, I want this thing to just go away.

Am I ready for it? Pretty much. I still have a short To Do list. Last minute groceries, trim the shrubs, charge my phone.

Our best wishes & prayers are with you! Living in Houston, I know the drill for Hurricane Preparedness. :P But that doesn't lower the anxiety. I was very young when we got the backlash from Katrina and barely remember my mom using her Girl Scout Propane cooking stove to get us through the "afterness" of Ike. Make sure all your important documents (passports, insurance info.,medicines, etc.) are in a ziploc (I put all my stuffed animals in a huge bluish ziploc-trash bag one year & then just kept most of them in it and change out a few to put on my bed now. lol). Good luck & stay safe! :rolleyes_anim:  

You put your stuffed animals in a trash bag? I wish I had thought of that. I have a few that are really hard. Most of them are licensed plushies. My Little Pony, Bella Sara, Neopets, Grumpy Cat, and a few others.

To be honest, I'm scared as heck right now. Sure, I've gone through Andrew, Rita, and Wilma, but that rarely helps when the next one comes along. I think Matthew is trying to be Hurricane Andrew's tough little brother.

I have all my pets in the neolodge for a week in case things go bad. I'll be around as long as I can.

Being in Southern California, I've not dealt with hurricanes. I live in a valley and we've had flood warnings during heavy rain, though there's never been a major problem around my home. I have dealt with wildfires and earthquakes. Thinking about all the people in the Miami area, I sincerely hope for everyone to be safe.

Yikes! I've been reading about this hurricane a lot lately. I live in New Hampshire and we get winter storms which I don't really mind because I love snow. If I lived in Florida my main concern would be my cats because I hear so many things about pets not being able to find their owners and have nowhere to go. Thankfully, I don't live in Florida so I don't have to worry about that. 

Anyway, stay safe! 

Stay strong, WhiteWolf!  :medieval: Our prayers and good thoughts are for you and your family & all the ppl in Hurricane Mathew's path, to not be destructive but just loud & noisy, if that could happen.  :rolleyes_anim: But seriously, you are in my prayers tonight.

I'm safe, and my house survived with no damage. We had a few power surges and lost cable for a while. It came back in the time it took me to watch Beauty and the Beast on blu-ray. I feel like an idiot for puttting my pets in the neolodge for a week, but I didn't know that Matthew was going to be all bark and no bite.

My parents also made it through just fine. They didn't mention if there was any damage or not. At this point, I'd say no news is good news.

My only concern is for my best friend who lives in Fayetteville, NC. It looks like Matthew may head that way. I hope she stays safe.