Ghostkerbomb

Dr. Sloths Personal Bath 

Yooyu Knuckle Duster

Leaf Shield

Greater Healing Scroll

Freezing Potion

Stone Muffin

Ultranova

I only do 1p battles, so I'm looking to take on higher level opponents :).

BD pet stats are:

Lvl : 296

Str : 590
Def : 418
Mov : 198
Hp : 561 / 561

Limited budget, no more than 15 million.

TIA

Is there a specific 1p challenger you want to fight? because that changes attack and defense suggestions.

Your healer could be replaced (opens door for someone more knowledgeable to make suggestions)

Ditch the muffin and ultranova, and get a shuriken or two.

Maybe downsize! and Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield to round out defense

Is there a specific 1p challenger you want to fight? because that changes attack and defense suggestions.

Your healer could be replaced (opens door for someone more knowledgeable to make suggestions)

Ditch the muffin and ultranova, and get a shuriken or two.

Maybe downsize! and Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield to round out defense

I can't stay on very long, so I'll try to get more in tomorrow. But to what mtsparky talked about. You set may differ between opponents. Depending on which ones and which difficulty you want to challenge them at.

Your healer is indeed a bit under what you might find to use. Looking at your Krawk, unfortunately, they don't have a species healer or freezer for a Krawk. I recommend a Bag of Healing Dust. This is a 50% Healer. And will work with any species. Only drawback is it's price. There are several on the TP right now, one user is asking 9.5mil for it. Or, for a MUCH cheaper path. You could go with Velms Healing Potion. It heals 10% of your max, which would be about 56hp for you. OR, if your health falls 10hp it will do a FULL heal. Velms Healing Potion comes from Neoquest 2, a Normal difficulty prize and they're usually not too expensive. Also, as your Max HP rises, so too will the 10% amount that Velms potion can heal. So, definitely something to consider!

Another possibility, Is an Ice Scorchstone. It's 3mil in the Hidden Tower, and the only one on the TP right now is asking for 3 mil. I've never considered using this because while it MIGHT give you a full heal, the chances of that are only 24%. So you've got a better than 3/4ths of the time where it does nothing.

Mtsparky had a good suggestion with the Downsize! defensive item. 50% damage blocked once per battle. And it restocks in the Defense Magic shop fairly often. You can get it for under 10k on the shop wiz. I don't even have to look, it's that easy to get. I can't anyway right now because I got a random faerie quest. lol XD

Snowballs and muffins are ok, provided they are strong. 15-icon muffins are a decent way to go if you don't have a strong constant weapon. I haven't used Hubrid's Shield, But I've gotta go, I will try to address that and more tomorrow. Unless someone beats me to it. LOL

Later!

EDIT:

Ok Back.

Now let's take a look at the rest of your equipment SDCD.

First group, bomb.

Ghostkerbomb      (KEEP)   Best bomb in the game by most accounts

Second group, Constants

Dr. Sloths Personal Bath 14 icons (Maybe Upgrade?) 14 icons is good, though you MIGHT consider for more Water you might try a Kelpbeards Trident with does 16.25-24 icons of damage. An average of about 18 icons per use. Still, it's over 8 mil. So it wouldn't be too cost efficient, except compared to the anagram swords

Yooyu Knuckle Duster 14 icons (Keep) Unless you REALLY want to upgrade it. For the price to power it's a good buy, especially since you already have it. ;)

Third group, Defense

Leaf Shield (Keep but vary) What I mean by that is that Leaf Shield is great against Water, Earth and Physical, excellent against Jelly Chia, for example. But not every opponent will use those icons types. It's good to have some flexibility with your defense. You can go expensive and spend millions on shields from the Hidden Tower, or you can go cheap for now and depending on your 1p opponents, switch out for different shields depending on whom you're fighting. I could suggest some other defensive shields, but without knowing whom you fight, and over 2500 total pieces of equipment to look through, I'll refrain on suggesting other shields for right now, until I know more about which opponent(s) you'd like to battle.

Downsize!, Buy it! Blocks 50% damage once per battle and like I said above, it's NOT expensive! :D

Group Four Healing

Greater Healing Scroll (Sell) As I said before the edit to this post. It would be more efficient to change this. You can then sell it and pocket the NP. Bag of Healing Dust, Velms Healing Potion, or perhaps Ice Scorchstone. Were my suggestions.

Group Five, Freezing

Freezing Potion (Keep it you're fine here)

Group 6, Miscellaneous

Stone Muffin  (Whatever you'd like)

Ultranova (Whatever you'd like)  If you've followed my advice, you'll have only 1 space here. You could use it for a stealing item, but your movement stat isn't high enough for the Heavy Robe of Thievery. Which is fine because stealing currently does NOT work in the BD. But you're close, 201 is the minimum agility stat, and there's a very minor INT stat requirement too, but you've probably got that already. ;)

Anyway, 15-icon muffins would work in your 8th slot. Or, you might try one of the 50% reflectors. The ones in the Defense Magic shop all will eventually break for good, so you'd need to rebuy them, but for Light, there is an alternative that doesn't break ever, as far as anyone knows at least. ;) So here are the Defense Magic Shop's 50% reflectors so you know what's available.

Light: Dual Battle Mirror (Instead, get Expert Lens for 50% reflection, no breaking. Or Parasol of Unfortunate Demise for total light BLOCKing and a few other icons)

Fire: Turbo Flame Reflector

Water: Super U-Bend

Earth: Shovel Plus

Dark: Ultra Dark Reflectorb

Air: Double Dryer

Lastly....

Physical: Physical can NOT be reflected, only blocked. Altadorian Swordbreaker blocks ALL Physical and has a 5 earth icon attack.

Given your pet's level, you can also buy Thick Smoke Bombs from the Secret Ninja Training School. Full blocking of ALL damage one time only! Like a muffin, it's just 1-use and then it's gone forever.

Well, i hope this helps! Really though. If you trained your pet to the maximum boost levels of 750 in Strength and Defense, then you'd also be doing and defending a lot more damage. We have an app for that.... lol Sorry, couldn't resist. xD Here's the link to TDN's Damage Calculator.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

Edited by Aquamentis12
Updated advice.

Wow, thanks for all the great info.  A NF is lending me a KT to try out.  I got a Velms Healing Potion for 7,900 nps, hadn't even considered it.  With Lens Flare and Warlock's Rage, I haven't had to heal in a long time.  I have Downsize and a Parasol in my SDB if I need to use.  Really aggravated I missed getting a Shuriken when it was more affordable :(.

I have a 10% discount for the HT, so I am considering the Hubrid Nox shield or maybe Sword of Reif (or one of the anagrams).

Right now, with KT and Ghostkerbomb and Lens Flare, then KT and Freezing Potion and Warlock's Rage, then KT, YYKD, and Icicle, I can take out Ryshu the Nimmo on the hardest difficulty.  I haven't really looked at the next one I can take, just want to try to beat the harder opponents.  

I am also training everyday trying to increase my stats.  I really want to get that 600 strength boost, but that would put me into 2 red codestones for defense and endurance.  Trying to increase those before I move up my codestone output.

Sounds good! That's cool a friend is letting you borrow their KT! It's the same average power as the Anagram Swords I do believe, just a little cheaper. ;) Congrats on beating Ryshu! I haven't fought him in a long time, but he was pretty tough as I recall. :) Your Krawk does look pretty good! And it's a good idea to boost endurance and defense. Kitchen Quests on Mystery Island might help in your training. Although you might get a stat you don't want. KQs can award a random 1point to a random stat, it can be ANY Trainable stat. But sometimes you get under 1k np instead as your prize, or an item that's not very valuable. So if you do a KQ, I suggest that you limit your NP to spend per quest to maybe 5k-6k. To reduce your losses if you don't get a stat point prize. Unless making NP isn't hard for you, or you've got a lot saved up. I've been using that limit myself for, well, practically forever. Sometimes I might go a little higher, but 5k-6k isn't too bad, especially if you complete the max limit on site-quests, which is 10 per day. 5k-6k on 10 quests (they won't all cost that much) but at that range you're looking to spend 50k-60k as your max limit then. If I remember correctly. The limit of 10 includes Kitchen Quests, Snow Faerie Quests, and I THINK  Edna Quests. 10 total/combined. At least it used to be that. I haven't tried for 10 quests in 1 day in a long time. lol I don't know if Esophogar Quests are counted in that either.

Good luck with your training! :)

You have been given 968 Neopoints as a reward!  (4 item quest, about 5000 NPs spent)

I think prices are inflated because everyone is doing Edna quests for the avatar :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. This board is for discussing the battledome and training only.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

LOL Yeah, you really never know what you'll get from the KQs. Exactly why people recommend you limit how much you want to spend per quest. Of course, if one is too expensive, you can let time wind down so that it expires, without penalty. Since failing a quest doesn't count against the maximum number per day, only completed quests seem to. Hope ya get some stat points from KQs soon. ;)

Dovinah has become better at Attack!!!  She is getting most of the stats, but that's fine :).  

I used Velm's Healing potion, and it is awesome!  Thanks for that suggestion.  I also found an Expert Lens in my SDB, so I'm going to add that and play around with it.  I have no experience with reflectors, and not sure how to use it.

I'm glad things are going so well! :)

Reflectors only work if the type of icon they reflect is used by your opponent. The 50% reflectors I listed above may all break permanently and need to be repurchased. The exception would be the Expert Lens. So far I don't believe there've been any reports of that breaking. And since it's a somewhat common prize from Coltzan's shrine, They're really cheap. ;)

If you're curious about reflectors, we have a link in the TDN Battlepedia that lists the reflectors. Or just click this link. lol

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapons/reflectors/

The linked list includes 1p opponent only reflectors like the Prismatic Mirror. My personal favorite, which of course we as players can never OWN. But, once TNT fixes the stealing glitch that prevents sticky hands and the Heavy Robe of Thievery from working, we can probably steal a Prismatic Mirror during battle. I loved stealing it from Envy during the Obelisk War. It kept me fighting for a few extra rounds before Envy would inevitably beat me. If you COULD combine this with something that guards against physical, a player would be very hard to stop. Sadly, I doubt TNT will EVER make Prismatic Mirror a weapon we could buy. But that's fine, it's a bit TOO MUCH power, even for the 1p opponents sometimes, imo. lol

Also, there are some items referred to as "Self Reflectors". I haven't used these, so I'm not an expert on them, but there is a section in another article if you're curious.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/special-weapons/#reflect

• 3 weeks later...