No Charity Corner?

Carlos_spicy

So I'm assuming that we aren't getting the Charity Corner event this year?
I've been trying to hoard a few different things for donation as I was still a newbie last year and couldn't afford to donate much. Especially when items that were worth 100np suddenly shot up to 50k each haha.

Is there still a chance we will get it late?

If I remember correctly it was announced a little while ago maybe in September or August in the Neopian Times Editorial that we wouldn't be having a Charity Corner this year.

TNT is planning something else for Halloween I believe, so we'll have to wait and see what they've got planned for us. I'll try to find the Editorial edition for you, but that may take a while. :)

Here's the Editorial post from Edition #748

Will there be a Charity Corner event this year? Any hints on what to be hoarding? ;) ~ corynla
Unfortunately I have no insider info to share - there are no current plans for another charity corner. As for if and when the next one pops up, Granny has been keeping that secret to herself!

The Charity Corner was not a market inflator, but in fact a server clutter dump.

For the longest time, TnT has let thousands and thousands of items clutter SDB's, inventories, shops, gallerys, with no actual way of getting rid of millions of items. If you've seen what a couple of thousands of items in your inventory can do at one time (I did it on my old main, it makes the page either unloadable, or it takes a bajillion years to load) then imagine the effect millions of items does to clutter the servers.

Charity corner helps alleviate the pressure off the servers by removing excess worthless items, and the great thing about CC was that after the event the items weren't overpriced anymore. (Granted the R90-98's were still pretty high) TnT successfully created a clutter dump.

You'll see this actually a lot in other games, money sinks are another one, when too many people have too much in-game money, the market eventually can start to become unstable, the obvious fix to this is to create money dumps where people can spend their money on trinkets, mounts, or whatever the game presents to stable out the economy. (Imagine irl economy where 90% of the population is rich)

This is undoubtedly why they have no plans for another charity corner, they used a category with the most amount of cluter on the site and used it as currency during the event, with almost ever single amount of clutter gone, having another CC would cause mayhem, where R90+'s could spike to as much as 200k+ since there really is not that many for the thousands of people who still play the game. (An example could be how the first CC, R90+ went from 1k to 30k, and the second time around, they went to 50k. That's because the first CC caused people to hoard R90's which caused less to be available during the event, and spiked it that extra little bit)

Hope this gives insight on why we aren't having a CC for a while~

TnT has consistently had a Halloween event every year, so don't worry your head on that one. :)