Space Faerie Code Contest

Rynarok

CONTEST HAS STARTED

Last Years Giveaway: HERE

Submit your ideas on the planning of the contest on this post, to my inbox, or neomail me HERE.

So you want to win a Space Faerie Code? This magical faerie when beaten in the Battledome grants the nifty avatar spacefaerie.gif

This marvelous avatar can only be obtained via a Rare Item Code, to which this contest will provide if you slay the judges with your creativity and prowess. 

However, you may be thinking to yourself, "Well darn, I'm not artistic in any way shape or form, I'll never win!". Well, do you always give up that easily? I certainly would hope not. Personally I am not looking at the best of the best. What I am looking for is most creative piece regardless of how good it is. You could draw parallel lines with a splash of cool colors and still win. This is because, in art your heart and soul plays a huge factor in your creativity, and can really effect how well it shines.

Submissions Start December 1st

Submissions Deadline December 20th

I would like to point out, that any ideas for the contest posted below this are FINAL and will not change, that means you can start working on your piece as of right now.

Ideas for contest

Art - Drawing, Painting, Picture editing, Digital Art/Painting, Gifs, etc

Singing Must be your own creatively written song, about space, deeper meanings, being creative  or any higher aspect of subjects about the contest.

Writing/Poetry - Creative writing, short story or poetry about space, neopets, or the space faerie.

Prize Pool

• Grand Prize - Space Faerie Code
  • 2nd Place - 5,000,000 Neopoints - Baby Paint Brush​​
  • 3rd Place : 2,500,000 Neopoints - Baby Paint Brush

Rules & Guidelines

• Submission must be original creative expression made for the contest, stolen work will result in permanent disqualification.
  • Must have a pet and weapons readily available or the means to beat her.
  • Must not already have the avatar.
Edited by Rynarok

I love this! I'm ineligible to participate (already have the avatar) but I'd happily volunteer to judge. Will put my thinking cap on about ideas.

Ah man I just remembered, that this is now forming into more of a contest than a giveaway, I wonder if I can get one of the site staff to rename the topic to "Contest" instead of giveaway. XD

I've edited the Topic Title for you. If you'd like it changed to something other then what I put in please PM me and I'll be happy to do that. :)

Additionally as this is a giveaway/contest DO NOT I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances mention it on Neopets as they are not permitted. Don't need any accounts getting warned and/or frozen, there's been too much of that going on lately.

This is so nice of you to do again this year! I received a code from you during your first giveaway and am forever grateful at your generosity. :)

Thank you once again Mousey, you know I always come out of hiding for everybody! I'm a ritualistic person, and I love bringing cheer and happiness to people! :D

With that aside, I could use some ideas for contests while we are still planning, I want it to be a very fun and exciting Giveaway/Contest this year, with many participants, but I really felt that not everybody benefits from avatars, so I may end up making a seperate giveaway that anybody can participate.

What do you think? -pokes at last years contestants- Where is everybody hiding off at? :D

I'm ready! I didn't participate last year (somehow I missed this entirely!!), but I could use a fun project... Plus I'm obsessed with my darn pets and the internet is basically just my neopets machine ;)

This thread will be where to find all the info in the future? I'm terrible at navigating forums but I'll follow this thread to make sure I don't miss anything (or just flat out forget)...

Welcome back Rynarok! I've actually seen Hunter x Hunter now. lol It's on Saturday nights on Cartoon Network here. It's surprisingly engaging. XD

I guess last year's event was before this spiffy new forum for contests and the like was added. Wish I could enter, though Not for the avatar. ;) lol But that prize pool is very generous and cool of you to offer for the prizes! :D I hope you get more participants this year! This really is an awesome opportunity for neopians who still need the Space Faerie opponent/avatar! I recommend ANY qualifying Neopian have some fun and enter! :D 3 places, so 3 chances to get some awesome prizes or np! As always, very cool and generous of you!

Hmmmm... If I think of any good ideas, I'll let ya know. Kinda busy tonight, but I saw your topic and had to post a reply! :D

Good luck with the contest this year! :D Past years have been fun to watch, I'm sure this year's event will be something to remember! :D

@charelan Yes, I'm going to edit the first post and everybody can then submit their application to be entered for the contest, that way everybody can engage in the contest/planning to feel more enthusiastic about it! I will message anybody that said they are going to enter on both Neopets and TDNforums so that they don't miss the application phase! (but you'll have a whole month to do it)

@Aquamentis Yeah! I've literally had this avatar picture since I created my TDN account, (well that's not true, I did have it on Killua for the longest time) I want to mention that HxH is probably my favorite anime of all time due to character development, storyline, and overall likable and engaging characters, I'm glad you finally have started watching it!

I'm starting to feel that I really will do a separate Contest to win some other prizes, The PRIZE pool on this is SO beta, I'm probably going to add so much to it it's not even funny. I thank everybody that is willing to help, it really means a lot to me!

LOL Hunter x Hunter is a fun anime. And very creative with the character types and designs. The monsters too. It's been on Cartoon Networks "Toonami" block on Saturday nights for, maybe a couple of months now. I'm curious what will happen next, but I'm not looking for any spoilers. ;)

Good luck with refining the prize-pool. Contests can be, and I think are mostly meant to be fun. So good luck with whatever contest(s) you come up with here. ^_^

I would like to let everybody know that I have completely revamped all sections of my original post, including the ideas for the contest have been finalized. Any contest ideas that are submitted as of right now, will never change. However, I will be adding more if new ideas arise. 

This in turn means that you can start working on a submission for the contest right now if you want to work with the categories listed.

I would like to let everybody know that I have completely revamped all sections of my original post, including the ideas for the contest have been finalized. Any contest ideas that are submitted as of right now, will never change. However, I will be adding more if new ideas arise. 

This in turn means that you can start working on a submission for the contest right now if you want to work with the categories listed.

Dude that's awesome! Love the ideas you came up with! Good luck to ALL competitors! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Questions:

Do I have to currently have the tools to beat her in order to qualify? I'm training up my pet, but my account is very new.

If I sing a song, can it be to the tune of a song that already exists or do I have to write the music?

Questions:

Do I have to currently have the tools to beat her in order to qualify? I'm training up my pet, but my account is very new.

If I sing a song, can it be to the tune of a song that already exists or do I have to write the music?

Hey Fira! Two very important questions, since there is no requirement on Avatar/Account age, none of that matters. Unfortunately, after further inspection of your pets there would be no way of you to beat her. That is however, unless you met the Avatar pet requirement that TDN has for loaner of a Battle Pet HERE.

If you meet the requirements to borrow that pet you qualify for the contest. 

However, as I clearly stated before, it has to be an originally inspired song/piece that you created, not a song that you are just singing. That would mean you would have to compose, and then sing your own song!

Sorry, hope that I answered your questions!

-Matt

• 2 weeks later...

@firaplays Yes! There is always next year~ :)

On a bigger note, I will be making finalization's to the contest and you can then send me submissions. I'm still debating on if I'm going to do judges (like 3 staff members that can be very unbiased in terms of quality but more-so in the heart of competition)

I need to make sure everybody understands the rules before participating, and do fact checking. I can possibly lend a battle set this time around, unlike the last 2 years good weapons were still expensive, but now icon inflation is around and I easily have a ton of weapons that do icons to loan, mainly turned tooth, yooyu knuckle dusters, and plenty of other things that knocks space faerie into the next year. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of sad there is not as much interest in the contest this year! I would advertise it on Neopets if contests weren't against the rules, but it kind of ties down to submissions, as I'm aware of there is only one person that has been interested in even participating. If they are the only one that submits, then I will possibly think of extending it, or just declaring the only winner since there is only one submission. I just hope people that feel they don't have any artistical value to think they shouldn't participate, because again it's not the quality I want! I want heart and soul and eagerness to win something that you would thoroughly enjoy! :)

IMG_0368.jpg

Sorry it's so HUUUGE, but the thumbnail was too small to actually see anything.

This amazing masterpiece (lol) was made using watercolour crayon (and sharpie!!) on canvas for the background. Everything else (planets, characters, weirdo background flora) is made from individual layers of construction paper ... with more crayon and sharpie of course. (For instance, nalelan's character is actually about 8 different pieces of paper... I can't draw, but I can scissor :) ) Anyway, I have never embarked on an artistic project prior to this, but I can't believe how much fun it was! Maybe it'll be a new hobby??

Your creation was absolutely fantastic, I can not express in words how much I enjoy every little detail of it is carefully thought out. And that's most people, they don't realize what amazing things they can make with a spark of creativity.

Unfortunately there is only one participant, so that means there can only be one winner!

Congratulations, you earned it!

I'll post you the code very shortly~

Have a great Christmas everyone! See you next year~

-Matt

Rynarok, I totally agree with you on Charelan's piece! A shame there weren't more contestants, for contest purposes. ;) I hope next year you get a bigger contestant pool! Take care man! :) Have a good year!

Charelan, Congratulations!!! It sure is a nice, strong entry you created! ALL those layers of paper! Phew! That kind of attention to detail, and the great job you did with coloring, really turned out an impressive piece!! Good luck against the Space Faerie!! :D