New empty dome...

I wonder what TNT has planned, any guesses?

There are no available challengers in this dome!

:questionmark: :eh: Huh? I am not sure what you are talking about.  Where is this "empty" dome you speak of? :medieval:

:questionmark: :eh: Huh? I am not sure what you are talking about.  Where is this "empty" dome you speak of? :medieval:

In the BD, when you go to challengers, you can sort by dome. There is a new blank dome to the far right. I am hoping for a new plot with DB challengers *fingers crossed*

Hrtbrk and I are waiting for this to be announced/released by TNT. We believe it may have something to do with the Halloween event TNT has been teasing us about or a plot or something. I'm hoping for something to get me excited about the site again as well lol. I've sort of lost my interest. I used to diligently do my dailies and now all I've been doing is Trudy's Surprise and spinning the neopoint sinkhole Wheel of Extravagance just to get the avatar when I have the 100k on hand. :)

How ODD! After reading this topic, I just went to the BD but I can see all my challengers there... Even fought the Tax Beast, once, just to see.

Mouseykins, I know what you mean, Neo's gotten a bit slow for me too. I used to battle daily, but I haven't done much of except during the skirmishes. Still do my dailies though. Trudy's Surprise, though no longer really a surprise, is great for people like me who can't R/S. lol

For some reason I just found that the Test Your Strength game is a dark gray color where the game SHOULD be. Weird.

Anyway, Neo COULD use some spicing up. And with the several holidays coming up soon, this would be a pretty good time for something if anything. :)

In the BD, when you go to challengers, you can sort by dome. There is a new blank dome to the far right. I am hoping for a new plot with DB challengers *fingers crossed*

Ah, yes, I knew that, duh :*  (slaps self in the head), I guess I just didn't understand what you meant.  Um, yeah, I'm going with that.  LOL.  Anyway, I see what you are talking about, but I can't say for certain that it wasn't there b4.  I guess others would know better than I would.  But, yes, a plot or something :shiftyeyes_anim:  right now would be awesome.

How ODD! After reading this topic, I just went to the BD but I can see all my challengers there... Even fought the Tax Beast, once, just to see.

Mouseykins, I know what you mean, Neo's gotten a bit slow for me too. I used to battle daily, but I haven't done much of except during the skirmishes. Still do my dailies though. Trudy's Surprise, though no longer really a surprise, is great for people like me who can't R/S. lol

For some reason I just found that the Test Your Strength game is a dark gray color where the game SHOULD be. Weird.

Anyway, Neo COULD use some spicing up. And with the several holidays coming up soon, this would be a pretty good time for something if anything. :)

Did you look ABOVE your challengers, where it says "filter by:" and it has 9 shields?  Go to the 9th shield, all the way to the far right.  It says, "there are no available challengers in this dome."  Then click on the other shields and you have the "ugga dome", the "neocola dome", the "dome of the deep" etc.

rntracy, Ok, I didn't try that before. So, I just clicked on the last blank shield, saw the message. But when i then clicked on other shields, I still saw the challengers I've unlocked for those individual arenas. Curious though about that last blank shield. lol

• 3 weeks later...

What I am hoping are three things:

1. That this new dome will be coded in HTML5.

2. Battledome avatars currently unavailable will be available again (Punchbag Sid, I'm looking at you!).

3. Defenders Of Neopia will work, again.

My guess is this new dome will be HTML5. If successful, TNT may go further to "re-code" the other domes in HTML5, too. And, if that happens, maybe Battledome avatars and DoN will return. One can hope.

What I am hoping are three things:[snip] That this new dome will be coded in HTML5.

I REALLY hope this is the case. TNT surely HAS to see that the whole site needs to stop using Flash, because it's starting to no longer be supported by browsers hasn't it.

It was my understanding that the new battledome does not use flash. If it did use flash then it would not be accessible on iOS devices not running flash. Yet on both my iPad and iPhone I can get to the Battledome and do my fights. So if it's not using HTML5, what is it using?

What I am hoping are three things:

1. That this new dome will be coded in HTML5.

2. Battledome avatars currently unavailable will be available again (Punchbag Sid, I'm looking at you!).

3. Defenders Of Neopia will work, again.

My guess is this new dome will be HTML5. If successful, TNT may go further to "re-code" the other domes in HTML5, too. And, if that happens, maybe Battledome avatars and DoN will return. One can hope.

Defenders of Neopia isn't working because TNT hasn't combined records from the old Battledome into the new Battledome. It won't work until they do that. But once they do, then DoN should be good to go. I don't know if this has to do with HTML5, but I doubt it.

I miss DoN too. Unfortunately, I'm not holding out hope for it to come back soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, going to need some 'splaining on this. In today's Neopian Times (Issue: 760, 9th day of Celebrating, Y18) the following question was asked, and following is the "answer":

"Frisbee tosses giant holiday cookie! Let's say an event is coming to the battledome, will Neopians be given advanced warning to train their pets? ~ johnnysslorg
Consider this your advance warning :) I don't have a timeline yet, as we had to focus on the recurring site events that go on this time of year! But nonetheless, as y'all know, something may or may not be in the works..."

I have never participated in a Battledome event, like the Obelisk War. If there does happen to be one, how does it work? Which pet stats should I be working on/training? How do prizes work? My feeling is, if it does happen, it may be in the new year - January.

Alright, going to need some 'splaining on this. In today's Neopian Times (Issue: 760, 9th day of Celebrating, Y18) the following question was asked, and following is the "answer":

"Frisbee tosses giant holiday cookie! Let's say an event is coming to the battledome, will Neopians be given advanced warning to train their pets? ~ johnnysslorg

Consider this your advance warning :) I don't have a timeline yet, as we had to focus on the recurring site events that go on this time of year! But nonetheless, as y'all know, something may or may not be in the works..."

I have never participated in a Battledome event, like the Obelisk War. If there does happen to be one, how does it work? Which pet stats should I be working on/training? How do prizes work? My feeling is, if it does happen, it may be in the new year - January.

LOL Hey Scoobert, that certainly sounds like TNT is plotting, SOMETHING! I hope there's another battle plot. I had a LOT, maybe too much, fun with the Obelisk War. ;)

Ok, so first off, I like the new avatar. LOL Very festive! (ok Ok I'll stay on point) ;)

Usually, there are waves of enemies. Starting out with the kinds of small fries that MOST people, even those relatively new to battling can fight. And they get stronger, and stronger. The Obelisk War was much like this. It was pretty predictable (though very fun), except for one thing, I don't know why TNT didn't have a story/comic to go with it. Some wars were like that, some had puzzles and stuff as well. Obelisk War was just a lot of fighting over the Obelisk. When a new page would be released, there'd usually be some kind of new battle challenge to correspond with what was going on in the story up to that point.

So, we'll just all have to wait and see what TNT is concocting. ;)

Looking at your Gelert, I see you've kept training him evenly. (HP, STR and DEF) Are all pretty close to each other. I prefer a balanced training like that. You know your boosts are pretty much the same then. Boosts, if you don't know, are levels in the numerical stats that are used to define your strength and defense. Instead of every point counting, you have to get to a certain tier to actually get to a new multiplier. The max is 750, which gives you a boost/multiplier of 16. So 16 x Number of Icons = 100% damage. From the 100% Damage, if you or your opponent defend any icons, that 100% damage goes down, of course. But if they are frozen or can't act that turn, such as in using Lens Flare or Warlocks Rage abilities, all damage will get through.

At the very end of the wars, there is usually a final opponent TOO strong for one pet to fight against for very long. That one, EVERY battle against it whittles away at it's HP, and so it will eventually be brought down as thousands of Neopians attack it. Often the player who deals the FINAL hit gets a prize.

I think that's everything. One thing I HOPE, is that if there will be a new Battle Plot soon, I hope they can fix the stealing glitch in the BD. Right now it acts like you steal, but doesn't really. The only reason to Train movement/agility, is to 201 IF you decide to get a Heavy Robe of Thievery. But really, I would suggest you work on your HP, STR and DEF.

Here is a link to TDN's BP list of the Strength and Defense boosts.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

And a link to the list of TDN BP's articles, you should find the topics easy enough to get through. Beginner stuff should be especially helpful. :)

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

If you look at the 500k and under weapons, or the Basic Weapon Sets, consider those more like guidelines. As there are a TON of weapons and equipment for the BD. :)

And as always, if you have any further questions feel free to ask! :)