pricing/ trading help - skuffler

charelan

Well... I can barely believe it but I got an amazing prize - a skuffler - from The Coincidence!

I already have a fleaf attached to nalelan's niptor and plan to sell/ trade this (profits ramping up my stamp collection, of course). However, I am having a hard time deciding what to ask for it.. Jelly has a suggested price of 650k np BUT there are none in the auctions and only 2 others at the trading post and they are each asking over 7 mil for theirs. 

I want to be reasonable, but not sell myself too short on the deal... there's too wide a gap between 650k and 7.4 mil!!!

I very rarely have items up for trade... any suggestions on where to start pricing this? Or am I better off using it to offer on valuable stamps?  even trickier: if I did use it to bid on stamps, what price range should they be in???

I see you've got it up for trade, and I think that your text was a good way to go.  That being said, you could always undercut the other two people with skufflers by a mil or so. Drive the price down. Then if someone wants to haggle with you on price, you COULD go even lower. And still make a tidy sum more than what Jelly says. If the going price is so high like it is. The way I see it. The buyer will get a better deal from you than they would from either of the 2 other people with skufflers on the TP. And you could rake a decent amount of extra NP. Does Jelly say when the price was last checked on a skuffler? If it does and it's been awhile, the price may have shifted. I'd say, maybe consider starting the asking price for 1 mil less than the others to begin with. So about 6.2mil perhaps.

Also, if the other people trading a skuffler see your lower price, they might lower their price as well. Pricing Wars! But yeah, then you'd lower your price a little more than their lowered price. And other people who might want the price to drop a bit might get in on bidding on yours or theirs. So 3 people might each get a rare petpetpet at a price much lower than what's on the TP right now. The sellers might not get what seems like a major price hike, but they'll have some NP out of the deal of course. Anyway, sorry, I'm rambling a bit now.

However you decide to sell, trade or handle it. Congrats on getting such a valuable petpetpet! :) I didn't know The Coincidence could award them.I might have to start playing that more. XD

Congrats on the Skuffler.  I think something is odd about the current pricing; perhaps someone priced it ridiculously high, and someone else just followed their lead.  Just a few months ago, it was only around 375,000 NP. 

I suggest selling it quickly before the price drops back down!

According to Jelly, 

Skuffler is inflated!We have detected an increase in price of 1,069% on this item. You may see this item being listed for7,600,000 NP on the Trading Post as of October 13, 2016. For buyer protection, we list the last known stable market values below. Remove Alert

Watch out! This little critter can give your Petpet a nasty little sting

Price History
650,000 NP (+275,000 NP) on July 31, 2015
375,000 NP (-175,000 NP) on April 22, 2015
550,000 NP (-35,000 NP) on February 28, 2015

Congrats on the Skuffler.  I think something is odd about the current pricing; perhaps someone priced it ridiculously high, and someone else just followed their lead.  Just a few months ago, it was only around 375,000 NP. 

I suggest selling it quickly before the price drops back down!

According to Jelly, 

Skuffler is inflated! We have detected an increase in price of 1,069% on this item. You may see this item being listed for7,600,000 NP on the Trading Post as of October 13, 2016. For buyer protection, we list the last known stable market values below. Remove Alert

Watch out! This little critter can give your Petpet a nasty little sting

Price History
650,000 NP (+275,000 NP) on July 31, 2015
375,000 NP (-175,000 NP) on April 22, 2015
550,000 NP (-35,000 NP) on February 28, 2015

Those are 2015 prices. Seems like the petpetpet has gotten rarer within the year since no one has been selling it (according to JN)?

Thanks for the advice! I'm still not sure what to 'ask' for it, so I think I will keep it as is for now with generic text in the hopes someone seeking one sees the other prices then offers something reasonably lower. I imagine it'll probably take a while to go though! I've never tried to get rid of something quite so rare before.

Also, thanks Kodyakwolf for letting me know about petpetpets. (I didn't really phrase my original post properly as I am NOT intending to get rid of my fleaf - I just meant that bc I already have a great petpetpet I intend to sell rather than keep the skuffler). I'm still glad you mentioned it though because I didn't know and it would be beyond disappointing to lose one!!

I agree with all who suggested false inflation. It's been happening a lot with Coincidence items and prizes so I would sell if you get an offer you are comfortable with OR holding off until the price becomes more stable.

Congrats on the awesome win!