Can't log in to my account with my password, what do I do?

enitul

So this morning I wanted to check on my pets, as usual, but it wouldn't let me in with my (correct) password. Does that mean that it's been infiltrated by a hacker? If so, What should/can I do? I'm really worried about my pets and items since I have been playing for years. Please help me if you can.

...I never thought that on this Halloween, I'd actually be scared...

Edit: Silly me just remembered that you have the option to say your forgot your password. So I just created a new one but I still haat do  ve to wait a few minutes before logging in since I tried too many times before. Let's hope that when I get in, everything will still be there... Fingers crossed

Edit#2: It didn't work when I tried to log in... What do I do?

My fingers are crossed for you.  I hope everything works out OK and it's just a case of you forgetting.  I remember having a panic once when trying to put my password in and it was failing to be accepted, and I was actually in the middle of drafting a post on here very similar to yours when I suddenly realised that I'd been trying to get into my main account with the password for one of my side accounts! doh.gif

I tried to view your user lookup, but it says your acccount has been disabled. :(

Perhaps it's been frozen for your protection. Try sending in a support ticket (from a side account) and contacting Neopets on Facebook.

I hope this'll be resolved soon!

Thank you for your concern. :) I hope it's been disabled for protection and the hacker couldn't do anything (yet). Since I don't have a side account I'll try contacting them on Facebook (first). I really, REALLY hope I get it back soon since my pets need to be fed if I wanna keep my personal 'playing neopets without having your pets's hunger written in red' record. Which is never so far! Thanks for the support. :)

Thank you for your concern. :) I hope it's been disabled for protection and the hacker couldn't do anything (yet). Since I don't have a side account I'll try contacting them on Facebook (first). I really, REALLY hope I get it back soon since my pets need to be fed if I wanna keep my personal 'playing neopets without having your pets's hunger written in red' record. Which is never so far! Thanks for the support. :)

DO NOT contact on Facebook first!!

These are the steps you need to follow in order:

1. Create a side account to submit your ticket on and if you cannot get the help site to load then you need to email them directly at [email protected] but only do one. In your ticket be polite and positive and be sure to provide as much information about your account as possible to prove that you are the owner.

2. Update your ticket daily by using the provide more information.

3. Post on the Ticket Response Waiting Board which can be found in the Help section of the Neoboards. Just follow what everyone else there is doing.

4. Post on their Facebook page with your ticket number and politely ask that someone look into it.

In your correspondence it's best to be polite and positive because negative and rude tickets tend to get ignored for longer periods of time. On your side account you are free to participate in all aspects of the site until your account has been released back to you. Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too terribly long, but wait times may still be a while. :)

Thank you for the steps. I'll give it a shot. :) Even though I've never created a side account before s I might need some help.... is it just a completely new account or is there some way where you can link it to your main or something? Also, will the hunger of your pets drop if your account is disabled? Because I sure hope not

I tried to view your user lookup, but it says your acccount has been disabled. :(

Perhaps it's been frozen for your protection. Try sending in a support ticket (from a side account) and contacting Neopets on Facebook.

I hope this'll be resolved soon!

I'm having the same problem! I never log out of my account, and was signed in yesterday night, but when I went on Neopets right now (3pm CST) I had been logged out and my password was not working. I think this is a site glitch... And those experiencing this problem probably can't mention it on the NP community boards either unless they have more than 1 account.

I'll wait and see what happens I think. It's just going to be a bummer that I'll miss Trudy's Surprise since I was close to 100K. 

I'm having the same problem! I never log out of my account, and was signed in yesterday night, but when I went on Neopets right now (3pm CST) I had been logged out and my password was not working. I think this is a site glitch... And those experiencing this problem probably can't mention it on the NP community boards either unless they have more than 1 account.

I'll wait and see what happens I think. It's just going to be a bummer that I'll miss Trudy's Surprise since I was close to 100K. 

There exist glitches like that? If it really is one, then how come it doesn't affect everyone but only a few people? I also never logged out of my account... shall I wait 'till tomorrow and hope for the best or follow the advice that Mouseykins has given me?

Thank you for the steps. I'll give it a shot. :) Even though I've never created a side account before s I might need some help.... is it just a completely new account or is there some way where you can link it to your main or something? Also, will the hunger of your pets drop if your account is disabled? Because I sure hope not

Yes, it is a completely new account.  The hunger of your pets will drop while your account is disabled, but there is nothing you can do about it.  Your pets will NOT die no matter how long it takes.  Once you get your account back, you can feed your pets and they will be fine.  Good luck.

Because your account is disabled, it is not a glitch.  Follow the steps Mouseykins gave you.

Rubyredflamingfire, yours is not a glitch either.  Your account is disabled too. :sad02:  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Yes, it is a completely new account.  The hunger of your pets will drop while your account is disabled, but there is nothing you can do about it.  Your pets will NOT die no matter how long it takes.  Once you get your account back, you can feed your pets and they will be fine.  Good luck.

Because your account is disabled, it is not a glitch.  Follow the steps Mouseykins gave you.

Rubyredflamingfire, yours is not a glitch either.  Your account is disabled too. :sad02:  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Dang, well I just confirmed it's a mass deactivation purge that has been going on for the past few days. If you hit up the neopets facebook page, and click "most recent" in the comments section of the most latest post by Neopets, there are a TON of people who had their accounts deactivated in the past few days like 13 year old accounts that are premium members and stuff. One was saying they weren't going to renew premium since they didn't have access to their account. Neopets runs on loyal users, so TNT dun messed up big time.

It's ok. I had a strong feeling it wasn't a glitch. Even though I know neopets don't die, I just wanted to feel as real about them as possible and feed them everyday like RL pets. And when I get my account back (if ever) and feed them to the max again, I'll just let this one slide because it wasn't my fault. So my personal 'never-have-your-pets's-hunger-written-in-red' record will still stand tall. :)

Edit: Well, I send in a ticket with my new side account animedragon2 with as much information about my main account as I could remember. Let's hope for the best and that my dear, precious pets (I love them) neopoints and items are safe... Wish me luck.

this problem has been going on for over a month now .. 

lots of accounts are being hacked .. esp. those that didn't change their passwords since 2012 .. (there seems to be some security breach) ..

i lost 3 side accounts myself and had to wait for about 20 days before staff member Alice gave me back my accounts ..

if you're Premium then another staff member (Tony) is handling those ..

hackers seem to be be using bots to empty shops/galleries into SDB's ... sometimes they are after some specific expensive items ..

your pets and wearables will most probably b untouched ..

submit your ticket .. notify them on facebook .. and after a couple days you can contact them on [email protected]

don't lose hope .. Alice is working really hard to help everyone ..

this problem has been going on for over a month now .. 

lots of accounts are being hacked .. esp. those that didn't change their passwords since 2012 .. (there seems to be some security breach) ..

i lost 3 side accounts myself and had to wait for about 20 days before staff member Alice gave me back my accounts ..

if you're Premium then another staff member (Tony) is handling those ..

hackers seem to be be using bots to empty shops/galleries into SDB's ... sometimes they are after some specific expensive items ..

your pets and wearables will most probably b untouched ..

submit your ticket .. notify them on facebook .. and after a couple days you can contact them on [email protected]

don't lose hope .. Alice is working really hard to help everyone ..

Wow. As I learn more, it keeps getting worse and worse. This is a nightmare. 

Yeah, I haven't changed my password ever lol. Well they won't find anything rare in my account since I'm not a collector. What kind of pathetic person would hack for neopets items? Jeeze 

I'm wondering if TNT will return lost items??? 

Gosh, my account must look pretty dodgy at the moment.  I decided I was going to overhaul my gallery and change the entire focus from plushies to lollies, so I took everything out of my gallery and put it in my SDB and I'm beginning to build a lolly gallery.  Not that I had anything particularly rare or anything in my gallery, but the activity might have looked suspicious...

I'm so sorry for our two affected players, enitul and rubyredflamingfire.  This is getting way past ridiculous.  I've been beginning to wonder (here goes my conspiracy theory!) if this isn't some kind of long-term harrassment strategy meant to ultimately undermine the neopets business model by getting people so annoyed they begin to leave the site in droves.  Neopets is a going concern, they need players and they need site traffic.  Hacking seems like a silly and stupid thing for someone to do, maybe an ego boost for the person who did the hack, but what if this was actually done from a malicious place and, because the nuisance factor of it outweighs the criminal, it gets dismissed?  Like a slow, low-level sabotage? 

*thus endeth the conspiracy theory*

I'm glad to hear you've got support and good advice in this place.  Keep us updated!

Before now, I never changed my password, partly because I never thought of it and it was kinda hard to guess, so I thought I'd be ok... But maybe I should have and this might not have happend. And the hacker (if there was one) can take all my items, expensive or useless, like all the petpets I've collected in my gallery and all the np I have been saving in my bank account, if only they leave my dearest pets alone...

Gosh, my account must look pretty dodgy at the moment.  I decided I was going to overhaul my gallery and change the entire focus from plushies to lollies, so I took everything out of my gallery and put it in my SDB and I'm beginning to build a lolly gallery.  Not that I had anything particularly rare or anything in my gallery, but the activity might have looked suspicious...

I'm so sorry for our two affected players, enitul and rubyredflamingfire.  This is getting way past ridiculous.  I've been beginning to wonder (here goes my conspiracy theory!) if this isn't some kind of long-term harrassment strategy meant to ultimately undermine the neopets business model by getting people so annoyed they begin to leave the site in droves.  Neopets is a going concern, they need players and they need site traffic.  Hacking seems like a silly and stupid thing for someone to do, maybe an ego boost for the person who did the hack, but what if this was actually done from a malicious place and, because the nuisance factor of it outweighs the criminal, it gets dismissed?  Like a slow, low-level sabotage? 

*thus endeth the conspiracy theory*

I'm glad to hear you've got support and good advice in this place.  Keep us updated!

I'll run with your conspiracy theory for a moment, let me add this, what if it was a disgruntled but very capable TNT member that was fired, but knows Neopets's weaknesses and is now trying to take down Neopets for revenge. Now that would be a juicy story lol, and as improbable it may be, TNT would never admit that that's what happened if that were the case.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.