[Windows 10] Blue Screen on shutdown (continuous)?

NeoStep

For some reason it keeps blue screening on shut down with the error "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

I have done several virus scans and it says 0 threats, so it can't be a virus causing the error. It could be a corrupted file or one of our virus scanners preventing a full shutdown (we have Malwarebytes and McAfee as our virus scanners) and causing it to error out like this.

However though, I dunno what to do, as this hasn't happened in a few weeks.

It could be a driver or one of my antivirus programs causing it to shut down wrong...

Basically we have two antivirus programs, Malwarebytes and McAfee.

I'm not a Windows expert (anymore) but I'd try booting into safe mode (if that's still a thing) and run your scans there. Might be worth a shot or like Hrtbrk suggested try googling the error and see what info comes up to fix it. Good luck getting it sorted out! :)

Blue screens are not fun to get and particularly terrifying when it happens on a mac!

In light of this, my computer had shut down normally while I was going out for trick or treating! So I guess it was just feeling unwell.

ohh noo do you have an asus?  I have an asus gaming laptop and it was doing this constantly and it turned out the laptop itself was sort of destroying the actual drive that had windows on it.  I switched windows over to the drive side that it doesn't destroy and it's been fine.  I don't know if that helps at all but it was an insane problem that I had for months until my computer was pretty much toast. ;w;

Nope, it's a Hewlett-Packard PC.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.