anyone else too attached to pound a pet?

charelan

So, I am a premium member and am able to have 5 pets. I only have one account and plan to keep it that way as multiple accounts seems a headache I just don't want.

Here's my dilemma... All 5 of my pets are lovely and specifically chosen. But I do find that most months I like dressing linsha, my desert eyrie, the least. A lot of the customizations just look weird on her tall long body. I find myself kind of wanting a desert or pastel xweetok. My sense of loyalty (yes, I realize these are just pixels, but I can't help it) makes me feel as though I should morph linsha... but part of me feels like maybe that's not so nice because perhaps someone out there really wants a desert eyrie and would be happy to have her. 

I don't know what I am looking for in posting this, because my guilt one way or the other will be the final decision maker... but if anyone has a strong opinion either way I'd like to hear it while I consider!!

Perhaps someone here will want to trade (I don't have a xweetok).  If not, don't feel guilty morphing her.   I have one pet that I use as a lab rat--maybe you should do the same. It's exciting to see what happens each day.  It allows her (sometime him because of the ray) to be all kinds of fun colors and species, and I keep the others as they are.  Yesterday she turned into a grey Kau and I even got the avatar for her!  

I'm very attached to my pets too, there's no way I could put them in the pound or change who they are (with the few lab ray exceptions). Perhaps you could move one of your pets to a side account and get your xweetok after all? :)

I second Susanoberle.  I had magickalhorn, my uni forever.  I could NEVER change her.  She was my battle pet.  But I wanted the lab map for stats and then it happened, she changed species.  I wasn't upset, it's still magickalhorn, but now she gets to be different things.  She has been a lenny for a while now though because of the entangling lenny lasso, a 100% freezer weapon.  I was never really fond of Lennys, but they have grown on me.  You could always change Linsha back (that is how I looked at it) but if you trade her, you can never get her back.  It depends upon how attached you are.

I could never pound a pet either, I get easily attached to them (even painting them isn't something I do lightly XD).

But side accounts really aren't that much of a hassle. In my experience, they're really not that much work, and I'm really happy I ended up making two sides, so I get to have the pets I want. :)

I also never wanted a side account because it would just be all extras I didn't need, but now I have one due to my main being frozen for no reason (I hope a hacker didn't get in). So now while I'm working on trying to get my main back, I have to do it with my unexpected 6th pet (which I already love even though I've only had him for 4-5 days).  As for the pounding-a-pet-thing: I wouldn't be able to do it. I love my pixel-pets too much to pound them. And I try to take care of my virtual pets as much as I would care for a real life one. So if it were me, I'd morph my pet if I wanted a different species. For example: on my main I have a Krawk that used to be a Tuskanniny. Also, perhaps it's more rewarding to actually work for a pet you really want instead of just getting it handed to you. For example: on my main I have a male Electric Draik that used to be a Pirate female when I hatched the egg. And that's my story I have for you. I hope it'll help with your final decision. Good luck. :)

I couldn't pound any of my pets either. I have an island Xweetok named teddiebear_214, and my mom-in-law has a beautiful pastel xweetok, jerrica_jem, I helped her with. Neither one of us could ever pound or morph our little angels.

I'm glad I asked the question. My gut said not to pound linsha either, but I wondered if someone out there desperately wanted a desert eyrie but couldn't afford it, which would make me feel selfish. But the fact remains that I just would rather morph her because that way it's still her! I feel a little sheepish about it as the desert paint brush wasn't cheap, but she got a few years out of it, and maybe she will like her girly makeover haha. It can be disappointing how some species just don't customize as nicely as others... At the time I made her I was really on the fence between the eyrie and xweetok but went with the eyrie as it's so different from my other pets. Oh well, it's only np... I'll just have to save some more ;)

If there is one pet I could never, ever pound, it's PrincessDimitra. She's an unconverted desert aisha on my side account. I got one of the first Lost Desert paint brushes, and painted her. I have zero plans to change her.

I would not feel bad about changing your pet into the species that you want, and I like giving away pets.  If you send her to the pound, she's most likely going to get picked up by someone that plans on zapping her.  Desert Eyries aren't so popular that you wouldn't be spending quite a long time waiting for someone that specifically wants that species instead of just wanting her name.  It could be months.  It isn't hard for people to get most of their dream pets now, if they're willing to ask someone like ZYDP for them.

I've only every pounded pets that I've known someone would be happy to have and would be scooped up quickly, like a Grey Draik.