Side Account - how long before I get activation code?

Monin

Hi. 

I finally created a side account so I can request a ticket because my original one has been inaccessible to me for almost a month.  Does anyone know how long it'll be before I get the activation code?  I don't mean to be impatient, but it's taking a long time for it to come in.  I created it at least 13-14 hrs ago.  I've even requested it be re-sent several times & still nothing.

Just wondering.

Thanks in advance!

Monin

That's odd. Why has it been inaccessible for you? It's not deactivated or something, as I could see it when I looked up your accounBut wouldn't you get an activation code almost directly after you've told them your mail adress?

That's odd. Why has it been inaccessible for you? It's not deactivated or something, as I could see it when I looked up your accounBut wouldn't you get an activation code almost directly after you've told them your mail adress?

Hi.

That's what I don't get.  I thought it had been hacked, but I think it's been frozen for no reason & w/out any warnings or notice.  I've tried logging in & it still says the password is incorrect.  My aunt submitted a ticket for me since I couldn't get past their "Help" section and then I e-mailed them.  No response.  On hers she says it says the ticket is "Open".  I've waited patiently but it's been 4 wks. 

On advice from others here on the board I finally created a side account so I could submit my own ticket but I've still not gotten the activation code for it.  I just checked and also the spam box.  Nothing.       Any idea why, anyone??         I couldn't do it through Facebook because I never linked my original account w/FB, so I feel stuck.

I'm not a premium member nor do I have a collection of rare items.  I only have the time to collect my dailies, play some games every now & then & feed & play w/my pets, which I feel very attached to because I've had them for almost 14 yrs, but I'm upset & a lil angry at this point.  I've read here it took months for some to get their accounts back while some, it seems, haven't.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Monin

If you can try having it sent to a different email address. Some email accounts are blocking messages from neopets.

Thank you, Mouseykins.  I didn't think of that.  I guess I'll have to go that route & see if I get the activation code.    (goodness. another account & another password.  this is becoming so troublesome. 

I just want my pets back.)

Thanks again!  Monin

I think that usually, if an account is frozen, the user lookup can't be viewed, but yours shows up just fine. Which is odd. Last activity on the account is listed as 29 days ago, which probably also means that it hasn't been hacked, considering you mentioned it's been almost a month since you were able to access it.

So I have no idea why you can't log in, but I'm pretty sure that you haven't been hacked or frozen.

(By the way, the Neopets FAQ mentions checking your spam folder if you haven't received your activation code. Any chance you haven't checked yours yet?)

*Edit: have you tried having your password sent to you? (It might also end up in your spam folder though.)

Hi.

That's what I don't get.  I thought it had been hacked, but I think it's been frozen for no reason & w/out any warnings or notice.  I've tried logging in & it still says the password is incorrect.  My aunt submitted a ticket for me since I couldn't get past their "Help" section and then I e-mailed them.  No response.  On hers she says it says the ticket is "Open".  I've waited patiently but it's been 4 wks. 

On advice from others here on the board I finally created a side account so I could submit my own ticket but I've still not gotten the activation code for it.  I just checked and also the spam box.  Nothing.       Any idea why, anyone??         I couldn't do it through Facebook because I never linked my original account w/FB, so I feel stuck.

I'm not a premium member nor do I have a collection of rare items.  I only have the time to collect my dailies, play some games every now & then & feed & play w/my pets, which I feel very attached to because I've had them for almost 14 yrs, but I'm upset & a lil angry at this point.  I've read here it took months for some to get their accounts back while some, it seems, haven't.

Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Monin

That happened to a side account of mine that I abandoned (crammushroominpants) for almost a decade! Sometimes TNT will freeze an account (but not make it visible unless you try to login) if there are too many outside login attempts. Usually this is from kids trying to brute force for UCs, but I'm not sure what caused it in our cases. I had to submit a ticket and Alice W unfroze it and reset the password for me. Did't even need the email or anything.

I'd definitely recommend changing your email. For some reason, some addresses will block Neopets emails and I don't know why lol

Thank you all for the replies & suggestions.  I have yet to receive the Act. Code.  I have been checking the spam box, also, and nothing.  Today I created a gmail e-mail acct. just for that & changed it at Neopets hoping to have the code sent there.  Still nothing.  I am so angry & beyond frustrated.

Even w/out the Act. Code I went to the Help section on my side account to submit a ticket.  What an ordeal.  After I spent an hour detailing personal things about my acct. I tried to preview the message only to be taken to a blank page.  I had to start all over again.  I am almost finished & decide not to preview the mssg. but mistakenly backspaced to erase something and, yup, it redirects to a blank page again.  This is all so ridiculous.  Third time's a charm, I guess.  I started all over again too tired to remember all I'd written the first 2 times & submitted a shorter version of my mssg.

I hope this works b/c this is so ridiculous & frustrating.  Really.  I am so upset.  I just want my pets back.  Their birthdays are coming in the next few days & it's almost time for the Advent Calendar!

I'm sorry to vent here.  I do appreciate your "listening" and helpful suggestions!

Question to Dad:  How long did it take since you submitted your ticket for you to regain your account?  I do hope I get lucky w/Alice, too.  From what I've read, she seems to be the only one who's been working on these issues.

Thanks again!  Monica.