Nay for Cold Weather

Myctophobic

Although it's not really cold here in Florida, it's still pretty cold. Apparently my body can't handle this weather, and I've been sick on and off for at least a month now. It's a shame, really, since autumn is my favorite season... :(

Not only that, but being sick is keeping me from going to school so I keep missing out on work. Definitely not helping with my stress issues. (Or maybe I'm sick because of stress? I don't know.)

I feel your pain!

I'm a gigantic wuss when it comes to the cold weather. I used to love winter when I was a kid, now I very strongly dislike it. I was sick for about a week at the beginning of October with a head cold. Decided to have a shower at 2am with my 2 year old to hopefully get her to settle down and sleep. Well because of the timing and having to leave the house at 8am I think we made ourselves sick. I've been careful not to do that again, even if it means skipping a shower until a non-school day.

I don't drive (yet) so I have to get myself and both my girls bundled up first thing in the morning 2-3 days a week to take my 5 year old to kindergarten and then go get her from school at 3:30. The cool walks in the mornings I am definitely not a fan of!

You're not alone in your adversion to cold weather. :)

I hope you feel better soon! :)

Yeah. I'm the UK and for us, it feels like it's freezing. It's only 6'c. Which I guess to most people is warm. But honest. My fingers are just about going numb. Though I used to like the cold. but I've become unwell since and can't deal with it. People are like "it's not that cold" and I'm like "feel my hands", they jump. My tablets cause me to get cold quicker. Go figure :/ :mellow:

Zoe.

I'm not big on cold weather either. I always get sick when I'm exposed to it, so I've learned a few tricks to surviving it.

First, zinc lozenges, Cold-Eeze in the US, are your best friend. They boost your immune system really well. Second, anything with eucalyptus. The smell of it clears your nose. Bath salts are my fave, and you can get them anywhere. Finally, green tea with honey and lemon. Okay, any tea works but green is my fave.

I hope this helps you!