The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

On 2/16/2017 at 6:57 PM, Sun-and-Rain said:

Thank you, I will keep doing this.  It's been two weeks and it hasn't been looked at yet, but I hope it will soon.  I hope support does see the updates, because you're right, that is where it would show who is active.

Laura, what account are you trying to activate?  One that was returned to you or a side you created?

I created a side with a different email and it hasnt sent the activation code, I had it resent, and its not in my spam folder.

xlaurar is my main

xlaura2 is my side which i am using to send in a ticket to unlock my main

On 2/20/2017 at 7:14 PM, LauraRaWr said:

I created a side with a different email and it hasnt sent the activation code, I had it resent, and its not in my spam folder.

xlaurar is my main

LauraRaWr: That is strange, I am unsure what to suggest.  Has anything changed since you sent this?  You can always make a new email, but you may run into the same issue.

Another question for anyone: It's been three weeks and my ticket still isn't assigned.  If anyone else experienced a frozen account, how long did it take to hear a response?

On 21-2-2017 at 1:14 AM, LauraRaWr said:

xlaurar is my main

I think some email addresses may simply block Neopets mails (this thread mentions AOL email addresses, and this very thread mentions AT&T), but I'm not sure if that's the case for you. You could always try a different email address (gmail or outlook, for instance, if you didn't already use either of those).

My ticket for the freezing of Zimmerchild has been upgraded to a work in progress! I'm so excited as my Neopets birthday is coming up here on March 13th, it'll be 16 years old! 

I got my account back!!!!! Woot woot!

On 2/25/2017 at 5:21 AM, Nielo said:

I think some email addresses may simply block Neopets mails (this thread mentions AOL email addresses, and this very thread mentions AT&T), but I'm not sure if that's the case for you. You could always try a different email address (gmail or outlook, for instance, if you didn't already use either of those).

After clicking "send activation email code" every day for 2 weeks it finally did it.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:28 PM, Zimmerchild said:

My ticket for the freezing of Zimmerchild has been upgraded to a work in progress! I'm so excited as my Neopets birthday is coming up here on March 13th, it'll be 16 years old! 

how long did this take for you?

9 hours ago, LauraRaWr said:

how long did this take for you?

My account was frozen on February 16th, so about 2 weeks. I will admit I am one of the lucky ones. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:28 PM, Zimmerchild said:

Congratulations!  That's so exciting.  =]  How long from a work in progress to receiving it back?

On 3/5/2017 at 11:09 AM, Zimmerchild said:

My account was frozen on February 16th, so about 2 weeks. I will admit I am one of the lucky ones. 

Indeed :)  It's been about six weeks for me and it's still considered open.

4 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

Congratulations!  That's so exciting.  =]  How long from a work in progress to receiving it back?

Once I saw it was a work in progress, minutes, like 10 minutes. Alice was on right then working on several accounts that night.

On 3/15/2017 at 6:07 PM, Zimmerchild said:

Once I saw it was a work in progress, minutes, like 10 minutes. Alice was on right then working on several accounts that night.

That's encouraging.  Hopefully mine will be a work in progress soon.  I have seen Alice mentioned on here before.  Is she the one who manages frozen accounts?

15 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

That's encouraging.  Hopefully mine will be a work in progress soon.  I have seen Alice mentioned on here before.  Is she the one who manages frozen accounts?

I've seen her name and she's the one who handled mine, I've also seen the name Tony P. There is one other name I've seen mentioned. I don't think they handle frozen account exclusively, as I've seen Alice mentioned in regards to tickets that have to do with items. Hope your account gets sorted out soon, I know how upsetting and frustrating it can be. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, Zimmerchild said:

I've seen her name and she's the one who handled mine, I've also seen the name Tony P. There is one other name I've seen mentioned. I don't think they handle frozen account exclusively, as I've seen Alice mentioned in regards to tickets that have to do with items. Hope your account gets sorted out soon, I know how upsetting and frustrating it can be. 

Thank you, I appreciate your advice and encouragement.  I am sad I cannot participate in Daily Dare, but I will continue to attempt contact with the open ticket.  Thank you for your help!

I just joined the legions of people that had their accounts disabled for no reason. I made a new account and submitted my ticket with as much info as I could yesterday, like my email and former email that I used, and my entire NC records.

I hope the Neopets Staff gets to my ticket and sees I didn't break the rules... I had my account since 2006.

Last week I found myself not able to log in, so I reset my password.  After 15 years.  Now my 'new password' isn't secure enough.  I submitted an email, but I can't even submit a ticket.  I have NO idea why, and for the first time I HAD the time to compete for the AAA/Chadley score in Daily Dare.  Come day 5, nothin'.  Nada.  I am SO angry right now, because I know they will NEVER get back to me.  Anyone else with a long standing account had this issue?  I know I can create a new account and submit a ticket from there, but...no.  Just no.  I lasted NEARLY 2 decades with the one, giving me something to blow time on while in college, and now as a 'real' ::snort:: adult.  This is just poor customer service, and they KNOW it.

On 4/2/2017 at 6:32 AM, Ghostiekitty said:

Last week I found myself not able to log in, so I reset my password.  After 15 years.  Now my 'new password' isn't secure enough.  I submitted an email, but I can't even submit a ticket.  I have NO idea why, and for the first time I HAD the time to compete for the AAA/Chadley score in Daily Dare.  Come day 5, nothin'.  Nada.  I am SO angry right now, because I know they will NEVER get back to me.  Anyone else with a long standing account had this issue?  I know I can create a new account and submit a ticket from there, but...no.  Just no.  I lasted NEARLY 2 decades with the one, giving me something to blow time on while in college, and now as a 'real' ::snort:: adult.  This is just poor customer service, and they KNOW it.

I'm so [removed] off that Neopets can treat their veteran members who are loyal to their game and spent years upon years building our accounts from the ground up, and get away with it. Seriously?! It [removed] me off. We haven't done anything wrong either; yet out of nowhere, they take away something that put so much of our time, love and effort into.

They still haven't responded at all to my ticket.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

On 30-3-2017 at 11:40 PM, Lusin said:

I just joined the legions of people that had their accounts disabled for no reason. I made a new account and submitted my ticket with as much info as I could yesterday, like my email and former email that I used, and my entire NC records.

I hope the Neopets Staff gets to my ticket and sees I didn't break the rules... I had my account since 2006.

You might have been frozen for your own protection, so if that's the case, you'll probably get your account back. But it might take a while, considering the amount of people who are having this issue. Following the steps in the first post of this thread has helped a lot of people though.

9 hours ago, Ghostiekitty said:

It must be incredibly frustrating, but making a new account to submit a ticket from is really the best way to go about getting your account back. You might have been frozen for your own protection, which definitely sucks, but you can get your account back. Try following the steps mentioned in the first post of this thread. Unfortunately, it'll most likely take a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2017 at 5:40 PM, Lusin said:

On 4/1/2017 at 6:32 PM, Ghostiekitty said:

Lusin and Ghostiekitty, I do feel your pain.  I have had my very old account frozen since January, and have still heard nothing.  It is frustrating, especially seeing Daily Dare and Faerie Quests pass by.  I have been politely adding to and checking up on the ticket once a week since it was frozen.  

Recently I logged into the my ticket support to update it again and it says that my ticket expired because it was sitting as "open" for too long.  Seriously?  Does this actually happen or is it a glitch with the "Support" part of the website page?  I understand many accounts are being frozen, but does this reset the order mine will be in the queue because I have to restart a ticket and resubmit all of the information?  Has someone else experienced this?

Ah, how frustrating is all of this! I can, thank god, get into my main account, but I cannot remember the birthday I put in for my side account. The side account is like 16 years old, I was 8 or 9 when I created it and probably put in a fake bday / email lol. My ticket was closed because I can't remember what email I used. It's so disheartening because I had a huge collection of Usuki's and probably a lot of rare items. :(

8 hours ago, sugarhiccup said:

Ah, how frustrating is all of this! I can, thank god, get into my main account, but I cannot remember the birthday I put in for my side account. The side account is like 16 years old, I was 8 or 9 when I created it and probably put in a fake bday / email lol. My ticket was closed because I can't remember what email I used. It's so disheartening because I had a huge collection of Usuki's and probably a lot of rare items. :(

I am sorry to hear about your side account =[ I know it isn't the same, but you can always rebuild on your main!

On 4/14/2017 at 9:21 AM, Sun-and-Rain said:

Lusin and Ghostiekitty, I do feel your pain.  I have had my very old account frozen since January, and have still heard nothing.  It is frustrating, especially seeing Daily Dare and Faerie Quests pass by.  I have been politely adding to and checking up on the ticket once a week since it was frozen.  

Recently I logged into the my ticket support to update it again and it says that my ticket expired because it was sitting as "open" for too long.  Seriously?  Does this actually happen or is it a glitch with the "Support" part of the website page?  I understand many accounts are being frozen, but does this reset the order mine will be in the queue because I have to restart a ticket and resubmit all of the information?  Has someone else experienced this?

Are you sure it didn't say something like the page expired, because it was open for too long? It's possible the support page could time out, or you may have to logout of Neopets, then log back it. I heard of some tickets being open for a year or longer, so that seems a bit strange.

Scoob's right, that's a security token thing, it's just like how if you leave a tab open on someone's shop then try to buy the item 5 minutes later it tells you the sale has expired, so you have to refresh to be able to make the purchase.

I don't understand the logistics of these things, but I know they're used all over the place online, not just where you'd expect them like on banks' sites and so on, but anywhere there's a transaction to be completed or something submitted and other things like that.

It's definitely not your ticket that's expired. I have a ticket that's been open since September 2015...I think it would be better if they DID expire and disappear after X amount of time, that way you'd know you could resubmit with at least a chance of the new one getting looked at. *grumbles*

On 4/17/2017 at 8:10 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Are you sure it didn't say something like the page expired, because it was open for too long? It's possible the support page could time out, or you may have to logout of Neopets, then log back it. I heard of some tickets being open for a year or longer, so that seems a bit strange.

On 4/18/2017 at 6:45 AM, jellysundae said:

Scoob's right, that's a security token thing, it's just like how if you leave a tab open on someone's shop then try to buy the item 5 minutes later it tells you the sale has expired, so you have to refresh to be able to make the purchase.

I don't understand the logistics of these things, but I know they're used all over the place online, not just where you'd expect them like on banks' sites and so on, but anywhere there's a transaction to be completed or something submitted and other things like that.

It's definitely not your ticket that's expired. I have a ticket that's been open since September 2015...I think it would be better if they DID expire and disappear after X amount of time, that way you'd know you could resubmit with at least a chance of the new one getting looked at. *grumbles*

I tried closing the page and reopening it again before I posted and it still didn't work.  However, a few days later it reappeared again, so you are right; it must have been an error.  Thank you, Scoobert and jelly, for your advice.

jellysundae, I am so sorry to hear about that long wait time =[ Is it a major issue?

Also, am I able to play on a side account while my main is frozen?  Once I retrieve my main, am I allowed to transfer over the NP (through trades) I earned on my side back to the main?

6 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

I tried closing the page and reopening it again before I posted and it still didn't work.  However, a few days later it reappeared again, so you are right; it must have been an error.  Thank you, Scoobert and jelly, for your advice.

jellysundae, I am so sorry to hear about that long wait time =[ Is it a major issue?

Also, am I able to play on a side account while my main is frozen?  Once I retrieve my main, am I allowed to transfer over the NP (through trades) I earned on my side back to the main?

Glad that things seems to have sorted themselves out!

I'm just trying to regain access to my original account, I'll chase them up about it again eventually. Unless they purge it in the meantime. D:

I...don't know about the frozen account stuff, but I'm sure someone will be along who can give clear info.

47 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

Yes, you are able to play on a side account and use it as a "main", while your real main account is frozen. And, to the best of my knowledge, but not 100%, you should be able to transfer over NP/items through trades, the NP/items you earned on your side, back to your "restored/unfrozen" main account. I'm hoping @Mouseykins or @hrtbrk or anyone else can confirm.

Just now, Scoobert_Doo said:

Yes, you are able to play on a side account and use it as a "main", while your real main account is frozen. And, to the best of my knowledge, but not 100%, you should be able to transfer over NP/items through trades, the NP/items you earned on your side, back to your "restored/unfrozen" main account. I'm hoping @Mouseykins or @hrtbrk or anyone else can confirm.

@Scoobert_Doo is correct here. Once you get your main account unfrozen you can then transfer everything from your side/temporary main to your unfrozen main account. One thing that is advised to do is stop earning neopoints for up to 24 hours on both accounts and do the transfer. Once everything you want is transferred and you haven't earned anything for at least 24 hours from either account you can resume your normal Neo activities. This just helps to make sure you're not earning neopoints on two accounts through the transition. I hope that makes sense! :D