The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

20 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

@Scoobert_Doo is correct here. Once you get your main account unfrozen you can then transfer everything from your side/temporary main to your unfrozen main account. One thing that is advised to do is stop earning neopoints for up to 24 hours on both accounts and do the transfer. Once everything you want is transferred and you haven't earned anything for at least 24 hours from either account you can resume your normal Neo activities. This just helps to make sure you're not earning neopoints on two accounts through the transition. I hope that makes sense! :D

That does make sense!  I am glad this is the case.  Thank you all for your help.

20 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Glad that things seems to have sorted themselves out!

I'm just trying to regain access to my original account, I'll chase them up about it again eventually. Unless they purge it in the meantime. D:

I...don't know about the frozen account stuff, but I'm sure someone will be along who can give clear info.

I am sure you already know this, but there is a Neopets board that TNT looks at for open tickets.  It seems to have a high success rate, although there are a lot of posts on it.  It may be worth a shot if you want to contact them again.  Just a thought!

2 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

That does make sense!  I am glad this is the case.  Thank you all for your help.

I am sure you already know this, but there is a Neopets board that TNT looks at for open tickets.  It seems to have a high success rate, although there are a lot of posts on it.  It may be worth a shot if you want to contact them again.  Just a thought!

I actually didn't know this :bigeyed:

*looks on Help boards*

Ah yes, there it be! Well well! Very good to know, and thank you so much for telling me this! :D :D :D

Hey,

So I sent in a ticket back in mid January and it's still labeled as "open." Is there anything you guys would advise doing to speed up the process? Has anyone had luck with tickets because sheesh...

Do they use a queue system where they get to older tickets first or is it just completely random? Hitting that three month marker now...

Well, it's been nearly a month, and now I've been 'Frozen' and 'Deactivated.'  For those that suggested I send in a Support Ticket, I cannot as I cannot login to get to that page.  No, I didn't have my page expire.  I access my account through two different computers, the one at home and the one at ::coughcoughworkcoughcough::  I have resorted to emailing them daily.  If they want to get rid of the site, then just do it and save us the trouble of thinking we have a chance of getting our accounts back!  I'm not going to waste my time creating a side account to get everything back.  I'm not exactly in college with freetime like I was when I created the account.  I had everything set up so the now-busy adult in me could click on for a few minutes a day and get stuff done...I'm very disappointed right now because I can't do my favorite event, the Negg Hunt :(

12 hours ago, Zedsdeadll said:

Hey,

So I sent in a ticket back in mid January and it's still labeled as "open." Is there anything you guys would advise doing to speed up the process? Has anyone had luck with tickets because sheesh...

Do they use a queue system where they get to older tickets first or is it just completely random? Hitting that three month marker now...

32 minutes ago, Ghostiekitty said:

Well, it's been nearly a month, and now I've been 'Frozen' and 'Deactivated.'  For those that suggested I send in a Support Ticket, I cannot as I cannot login to get to that page.  No, I didn't have my page expire.  I access my account through two different computers, the one at home and the one at ::coughcoughworkcoughcough::  I have resorted to emailing them daily.  If they want to get rid of the site, then just do it and save us the trouble of thinking we have a chance of getting our accounts back!  I'm not going to waste my time creating a side account to get everything back.  I'm not exactly in college with freetime like I was when I created the account.  I had everything set up so the now-busy adult in me could click on for a few minutes a day and get stuff done...I'm very disappointed right now because I can't do my favorite event, the Negg Hunt :(

If both of you follow the instructions outlined in the first post you will have a higher chance at getting your account returned. Remember you need to be able to provide sufficient information that proves you are in fact the owner of the account. Good luck and don't give up!

3 hours ago, Ghostiekitty said:

Deactivated just means frozen, it's what my account showed in February when it was frozen. You pretty much HAVE to make a new side account to get anything done because they want a ticket number to work with to restore. From what I understand, emailing them is the slowest way possible, even though they are now responding to people on their facebook page, they are asking that you give them a ticket number there and they will look into it. Trust me, if you really want your account back, you're going to have to invest some time in it. Like @Mouseykins said, follow what is written on the first post and you *should* get your account back, it's what I did and it took less than a month. 

Bad news. My account was frozen last month. In the middle of daily dare and right after I'd decided to try out premium too. I have my side accounts. I can use one as a main account while I'm waiting for my ticket to be answered, right? I fear that my main account is lost forever though, and I'd put so much effort into it that I gave up for a month. Then they took money out of my bank account for premium on my frozen account. Should have sent a separate ticket for that beforehand I guess. Thankfully I was on the monthly plan, so it wasn't more than 8 dollars. To a college student that's a lot though. I think I want to start again. If my account is ever returned to me, can I transfer what I get on my new main account to it?

20 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Bad news. My account was frozen last month. In the middle of daily dare and right after I'd decided to try out premium too. I have my side accounts. I can use one as a main account while I'm waiting for my ticket to be answered, right? I fear that my main account is lost forever though, and I'd put so much effort into it that I gave up for a month. Then they took money out of my bank account for premium on my frozen account. Should have sent a separate ticket for that beforehand I guess. Thankfully I was on the monthly plan, so it wasn't more than 8 dollars. To a college student that's a lot though. I think I want to start again. If my account is ever returned to me, can I transfer what I get on my new main account to it?

I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully, you'll get it all sorted out soon. To answer your questions, yes your side can now be your main account, you can do your dailies and have a shop and all of that. Yes, once you get you account back you can transfer your items and such back to your main account. I hope yours is something that can be resolved quickly, best of luck. :D 

23 hours ago, Sciurus carolinensis said:

Definitely open up a ticket relating to your frozen account and being a premium member. If they're taking money from you and you're not getting the services you paid for you can also dispute that with your method of payment. They don't like when players file a dispute and often mentioning taking such action will result in them getting to your ticket a wee bit faster. A staff member had cancelled her membership but they were still taking the money from her paypal account. She opened a ticket about it and after waiting a while filed a dispute with paypal and after a bit of a headache got things sorted out. Good luck getting your account back and remember to follow the steps outlined on the first post of this topic to increase your chances. :D

I opened up a ticket about my frozen account the day I realized it was frozen. I opened a ticket about canceling premium a month later (when the money was taken out), and the second ticket has been answered and taken care of (so they said). My first is still open. I'm working on rebuilding after a month of not having the heart to start over. I think I know why they froze me. My side accounts are on different email addresses than my main account. It wasn't to purposefully break the rules. Long after my main account was created, I created an e-mail to direct spam into. I used that for my side accounts to avoid getting a bunch of e-mails that I didn't want. I didn't look closely enough into side account rules. I was frozen a few days after creating a third side account, so I'm assuming that's the reason. Since I really did break the rules, I doubt squirrely520 will be unfrozen. I'm really mad at myself over it, especially all the training that I did over the past year. At least I had little_shade_tail to fall back on, and its based on a make-belief game I played with my sister as a child so I have a connection to the neopets on it. Its going to be a lot of work, especially getting a battle ready neopet trained and getting enough neopoints to do it.

• 1 month later...

Just looked at the first post where it was recommended to NOT submit more than one ticket. What if I remember submitting a ticket before and it wasn't from my current account. I would have submitted it YEARS ago. It likely was from one of the two side accounts I deleted some time ago.

Should I resubmit another ticket?

4 hours ago, plippern said:

Just looked at the first post where it was recommended to NOT submit more than one ticket. What if I remember submitting a ticket before and it wasn't from my current account. I would have submitted it YEARS ago. It likely was from one of the two side accounts I deleted some time ago.

Should I resubmit another ticket?

I think that if it's been years  since your last ticket, then yes, submitting another ticket might be a good idea. (Especially if you can no longer access it to update it with new information.)

On 4/23/2017 at 1:29 PM, jellysundae said:

I actually didn't know this :bigeyed:

*looks on Help boards*

Ah yes, there it be! Well well! Very good to know, and thank you so much for telling me this! :D :D :D

You're very welcome!  Did you have any luck with it @jellysundae?

On 4/29/2017 at 8:28 PM, Sciurus carolinensis said:

I opened up a ticket about my frozen account the day I realized it was frozen. I opened a ticket about canceling premium a month later (when the money was taken out), and the second ticket has been answered and taken care of (so they said). My first is still open. I'm working on rebuilding after a month of not having the heart to start over. I think I know why they froze me. My side accounts are on different email addresses than my main account. It wasn't to purposefully break the rules. Long after my main account was created, I created an e-mail to direct spam into. I used that for my side accounts to avoid getting a bunch of e-mails that I didn't want. I didn't look closely enough into side account rules. I was frozen a few days after creating a third side account, so I'm assuming that's the reason. Since I really did break the rules, I doubt squirrely520 will be unfrozen. I'm really mad at myself over it, especially all the training that I did over the past year. At least I had little_shade_tail to fall back on, and its based on a make-belief game I played with my sister as a child so I have a connection to the neopets on it. Its going to be a lot of work, especially getting a battle ready neopet trained and getting enough neopoints to do it.

@Sciurus carolinensis, where did you read this information?  On this page from sunnyneo (http://www.sunnyneo.com/sideaccounts.php) it states "The maximum number of accounts you may have is five; one main account and four side accounts and you may have up to 5 Neopets accounts connected to one email address. Whilst TNT prefer that you have all of your accounts connected to the one e-mail address, they do not insist upon it. Accounts that have been frozen (self or otherwise) count toward the side account limit for that email address but they do not count against the 5 allowed accounts, unless TNT smells a rat."  Maybe your email isn't the reason after all!

If it's any solace, I like the name littleshadetail.  And that it its name is meaningful to you makes it even more special :)

11 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

You're very welcome!  Did you have any luck with it

I haven't done anything about it yet :blush: Hopefully it will happen one day though!

• 4 weeks later...

I will post here my story.

I had one account and at 6/20/2017 I was frozen for my own protection.
I created a side account, created a ticket and waited. I posted at the posts every day and I tried to update the ticket every day but I could not. I provided as much info as I could, I even gave the activation code from 6 years back when I created the account. 
I was lucky because I had read an article about what to do in a case like this so I had all the information I needed. Neofriends, equipped items to pets, closet items, old passwords and PINs etc. So, I suggest you gather this information.

What I believe helped me? Facebook! I waited for Neopets to post something in their page at Facebook and I posted my ticket number and the problem (7/13/2017). The next day they responded at my Facebook post saying that they will look into it. And 3 days later I got my account back!

I don't think anything was stolen from me, maybe because I had a PIN. The money in the back, the stocks and the codestones are fine. I still have not seen the rest items in the SDB.

Also, I found out from a lot of search that you must not have "&" or "@" as symbols in your password!

Lastly, I change my password and PIN.

I've been trying to get my account back for months. It was 'frozen for my protection'. It's a 15 year old account that I've had since I was in college and I've given extremely detailed information to prove my identity - I'm talking a list of every time I've bought NC,, my pets names, what they were wearing, items that are in my closet, list of neofriends, guild name & rank, where my neohome is, my shop name, plots participated, rare codes redeemed, KeyQuest tokens - but they won't let me have it back unless I can remember the email account I used to sign up to Neopets with.
Apparently it's not any email address I've used in past memory, nor is it the email that's currently tied to the account because they say none of the emails I've given are correct and they won't return my account without it. I've even sent a screenshot of an email I got from TNT years ago, confirming my asking them to switch my account email from an old email address to the current one, and then another screenshot that shows TNT confirming my main (the frozen one) and my side (the one I'm using now) are linked to the same email address, but they would count neither as proof enough.
I've tried emailing support, messaging on Facebook and Twitter too, but gotten no response on any of those.
I feel as though I'm being unfairly discriminated against, especially for an account that was frozen for my protection.

Yeah im about to give up hope. I had put in a ticket in february under "passwords/account access", then in march I thought "maybe i did it through the wrong channel" so submitted a new ticket but under "frozen accounts" ...about a month ago they closed my march ticket because it was a "duplicate ticket issue" but then didnt do anything to my original ticket. They can still take our money for neocash, but cant hire people to do nothing but deal with these ticket issues, wow.

16 hours ago, LauraRaWr said:

Yeah im about to give up hope. I had put in a ticket in february under "passwords/account access", then in march I thought "maybe i did it through the wrong channel" so submitted a new ticket but under "frozen accounts" ...about a month ago they closed my march ticket because it was a "duplicate ticket issue" but then didnt do anything to my original ticket. They can still take our money for neocash, but cant hire people to do nothing but deal with these ticket issues, wow.

Are you posting on the Ticket thread in the Help Forum? You will get your ticket addressed if you do that. Do it multiple times a day until you get action.

They have so many tickets to address that the people who "send it and leave it alone for months" are low priority as opposed to the ones who are actively fighting for their account back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody! The last time I played my game was probably 6 years ago. Luckily, after making an account to create a ticket, I have confirmed that the accounts I've lost access to are alive and well. I cannot seem to recall the password I used for my main account. To make things worse, I'm afraid that my account may have been compromised because none of my emails are receiving password resets from Neopets :-(. I even checked "Forgot My Username" to see if accounts are linked to my email and alas... they aren't. 

While patience is a virtue (regarding the ticket I've had in place,) I'd like to know if anyone has been in my shoes and what they did about it. OR... if anyone knows how to find out what email my account is being associated with right now.

tl;dr: none of my emails are linked to my account and it scares me knowing that I probably can't get the passwords :-( I need to somehow find the email!

Is it possible you've changed email addresses in the last decade, and used one you are forgetting about?  At one point my account was linked to an email that was a username I use, but I don't think it was ever actually an email address I had.  I don't know if I derped or if it was compromised to one that they were hoping I wouldn't notice?  Luckily I saw it when I had access to the account and just changed it.  Do you know what email you used to create the account?  You may have trouble getting into it if you don't.

Have you created a new account to use in the meantime?

@balloongal247 Hey thanks for the reply! (I don't know how to get back to my initial account. It hasn't been a lucky day for me.)

I have a little bit of an email trail of me changing my emails. The thing about Neopets and changing emails is that there's no formal confirmation from the email address that the account is being disassociated with. So all I know is what I think is the last email I switched it over it :'(. On the plus side... I definitely do have the account creation emails (when Neopets welcomes you to their lifestyle site.) How can I use this to my advantage? :-)

I have made a new account and have been updating a ticket about the matter with it. In the mean time I've been playing games and stuff.... I hope that's still allowed...

I think the ticket system for account access issue asks what the original email address was, and any email addresses you know to have been associated with the account.  The more fully you can answer, the better your chances.  Also, pets you've created (even/especially if they aren't on the account now), any items you can remember you had, etc.  The more you can remember, the more you can prove that it was actually your account.  Make sure you keep the same ticket updated, don't try to create new tickets constantly.  Having duplicate tickets will hurt more than it will help.  But updating an existing ticket might help them see it.

• 1 month later...

Hello, yesterday morning I tried to log into my Neopet account, and found I was frozen for protection.

Clicking the links provided in the warning, I found the suggestion to create a ticket, but doing so required me to log in (which I couldn't). I refrain from logging into my side account, because I believe that to be circumventing a block, which is against rules in most websites.

My next step (still in shock at the time) was sending an email to support from my associated email account, and told them that I want access to my account back, that the person who changed the password on the account (about a month before) was me. At minimum, I would expect an immediate response from the email being sent, some kind of automatic "we have received your email", but I had not received one, and this makes me feel like they didn't get my email. I tweeted at them, to see if support@neopets was the proper email, but did not receive a response there either.

I went searching the internet for the wait time, and discovered to my horror that many who have done what I have done (sent an email with no ticket) do not get responses for months, even years, some never getting their account back.

Around my searches regarding wait time, I had also read forums here and there, and come to realize that I didn't provide enough information in the email (things bought with neocash, which I probably haven't done for over a year, my neopet names, which I had only named one in the email, but had forgotten the string of numbers after it's name, which I can easily look up, but was rushing at the time I was typing the email and had to leave the house shortly after I submitted it). I know the names of my other Neopets, but did not put them in that email.

Seeing people strongly suggesting not to send another email, I fear I may have blundered in my rush, not having researched what to do in the email, until after it was sent, and that updating with another email (to add the exact name of my Neopets) is a big no-no.

About my password change: I had not changed my password in a few years, and only did so when I had tried to log in one day about a month ago, and was off by one letter in my password (I keep forgetting that one letter), so I changed my password to be able to remember it better. I was not required to respond to the email telling me my password was changed. I wonder if this is even the suspicious activity that Neopets has detected.

I wish the user's steps to recovering "frozen for your protection" accounts was more clear, and efficient.

I am very stressed, which is very bad for my health.

This frozen for my protection thing, is doing quite the opposite. It's hurting me, and I feel my best choice (out of two non-healthy choices) is to stop pursuing this, and give up my account that I have been playing for over a decade, played as recently as two days ago (the day before I was frozen).

Should I log into one of my side accounts and send a ticket? I may need to wait a few days before I send it, for my mental state to get out of it's current "blues" state. I had two really bad seasons of "the blues" in the 30 days (some of the worst I have had in years), and I get a deep sinking feeling in my gut that this frozen account might bring it up again, as I have not fully recovered from the last two times.

I am a huge sentimentalist. My Neopet account was not only the first place I used my Green Roc name, it was also proof of it's creation date (but can no longer be seen due to the frozen state). Having one of my oldest internet accounts frozen/suspended for the very first time ever, in 10 years, is breaking my heart.

So.... now what? Do I try to log into my Neopet account everyday? Check my email account everyday? Pursue other forms of contacting Neopets? Or are any of these actions going to hinder the recovery of my account? I see some have posted this info, here and there, and I apologize for seeming like I haven't read it, as my mind is blurry right now. I'll try and read it all after my mental state is thinking more clearly.

P.S. If this is not the proper place to say such things, please edit my post or move my post or whatever you forum moderator people do. I have much respect for forum mods, and I wish to not break any rules. My mind is not in a proper place right now (somewhat obvious), so my judgement is off. Thinking clearly or not, forum etiquette is not one of my best talents. I hope everything is appropriate, but if not, please edit kindly.

I'm sorry you got frozen out of your account for protection.

Please relax! TNT has been getting better at responding to tickets. A lot of accounts have been hacked lately.

Use your side account to send your ticket and follow the steps outlined in the first post on this topic. By doing that you greatly increase your chances of getting a response quicker. In the meantime while you're waiting feel free to play as you normally would from your side account. Your side account can now be your main account until you get your account unfrozen by TNT. All hope is not lost so don't give up! :D