The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

Is there a way to change the email address that is listed for my frozen account, while my account is still frozen?

I ask because I just got the news that I may have to stop using a certain email hosting service. The email attached to my main (frozen) Neopets account is from this email provider that I maybe need to stop using. So, I need to get the email associated with my frozen account changed to a different email address, to a different email provider. Sooner I can change the email, the better. Every month I don't change the service over, might cost me $10 in additional fees that didn't exist last month.

On the bright side, this frozen account might be enough reason to give to my financial advisors, so they would be willing to let me keep the email provider (but then, spending $10 more per month because my Neopets account is frozen isn't a bright side kinda thing).

The email I sent on the day I was frozen, I have not received any reply yet, not even an automated email telling me they received my email (as most companies do). Nor have I received a reply from my Tweet to Neopets. This is not encouraging.

I haven't sent a ticket to TNT from a side account yet. Call me lazy or procrastinating or hesitant... maybe fearful of doing wrong on accident. Are you folks 100% sure that using a side account is not going to get me in trouble?  Can you show me where I can read official TNT word that I wont get frozen for circumventing a frozen account? i apologize if this is listed somewhere, I don't have recollection where this info is.

Using a side account (when my main is frozen for my protection) doesn't feel right.

Edit to Add:

At least two of my side accounts are attached to other emails from this same provider. I worry that changing my email address on my sides might trigger those accounts to be frozen (for protection) as well. Should I change the email anyways? Any tips to avoid getting my sides frozen when I change email addresses?

On 10/3/2017 at 5:51 AM, balloongal247 said:

Here is a searchable database of Editorial question and answers:

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=editorialdb

You can use that to search and try to find relevant responses to any worry.

Thank you for the link that helped a lot! I found a Q&A that indirectly tells me that it is ok to use a side account while a main account is 'frozen for protection'. Indirectly, because they admitted to using the side account, and by the response it appears that doing so is ok http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=editorialdb&type=id&query=18683

Update: I have received a response from a staff member via Ticket, less than a week after I started the ticket. They have unfrozen my acct after I was able to provide proof that I am the acct owner. Yay!

I learned a few things from this: Emailing support without a ticket isn't the way to go. The way to go is via tickets sent via side acct (or newly created acct if all sides are frozen too). Also, when you change your password, make it unique (this was my mistake).

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double post. Use the edit button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 3 weeks later...

my account was frozen for fake reasons when proof was demanded they said i could have back but i now need to get my Birthday info  since the user email i signed up with AND pets name friends name and so on is not what they want who would have thought those things do not prove it is my account  that is just sad the only thing that should prove it is my account should have been just that those things sadly  any ideas ?

5 hours ago, batman1975 said:

my account was frozen for fake reasons when proof was demanded they said i could have back but i now need to get my Birthday info  since the user email i signed up with AND pets name friends name and so on is not what they want who would have thought those things do not prove it is my account  that is just sad the only thing that should prove it is my account should have been just that those things sadly  any ideas ?

If you know the names of some of your Neofriends, you could try reaching out to them and see what your age is and work backwards from there.

The things they look for in proof that the account is yours can be found here along with additional information.

• Who are your neofriends? State a couple.
  • Past trades/auctions
  • Birthdate (DD/MM/YYYY)
  • Previous email addresses
  • Neomails in inbox (also state when it is empty)
  • Stocks you currently own
  • Items in your Inventory or Safety Deposit Box
  • Items equipped on any of your pets (state the pet + which items)
  • Pets you created, not adopted
  • Pets you have pounded
  • Have you ever had a warning? (Say no if you never had one)
  • What did you get for redeeming rare item codes?
  • Any further information - This could be anything related to your account.

There's some things to include. Be as in depth as you can be. Even the smallest detail can help prove you're the account owner.

i gave the neofriends  i gave the only email address ever used to create the account same one i still use i even gave old pw that where used  i gave i have even talked by email and yet still not returned Tony P is just a mod that does not like to return what he takes sadly even when i have more than proven it is mine i told him to talk to my neo friend and ask him about it  and even told him i had given him a pet which one and name and so on he did not want to even do that after i gave all the info i could he came up with the Birthday  question  any other mod would have took the info given not this one he is not right   and i can not remember the info for nothing.

17 hours ago, batman1975 said:

i gave the neofriends  i gave the only email address ever used to create the account same one i still use i even gave old pw that where used  i gave i have even talked by email and yet still not returned Tony P is just a mod that does not like to return what he takes sadly even when i have more than proven it is mine i told him to talk to my neo friend and ask him about it  and even told him i had given him a pet which one and name and so on he did not want to even do that after i gave all the info i could he came up with the Birthday  question  any other mod would have took the info given not this one he is not right   and i can not remember the info for nothing.

I highly doubt Tony P just doesn't "want" to give the account back to you. They do need enough information to prove that the account was actually yours to begin with, or else anyone could claim the account as their own. They probably feel like you haven't given enough information that only you, as the account's owner, could know.

I strongly suggest following the instructions in @Mouseykins post. Maybe you can remember some (rare) items you owned? Or if you've ever had a warning? 

Oh, and what exactly do you mean by:

my account was frozen for fake reasons

?

Was it frozen for your protection, or were you actually accused of breaking a rule? I'm guessing that if they froze you for (allegedly) cheating, they'd be much less inclined to give you your account back.

the listed reason was This account was found to be purchasing or selling Neopoints, Items and/or Pets.   when i asked which one he said he could not say i asked for proof since i did none of those then he changed to if i can prove it was my account the email should have been enough it was the one used when i signed up also the one used to talk to them   the friends name the pet info all proved it was mine  i even gave old pw the only thing i could not give is the Birthday info  in the beginning Tony wanted only one thing he said the only way to prove it was my account was Pay records of the nc buys i told him i never used or had PayPal he replied with not what i asked for  this went on for awhile then after telling them i was going to file a complaint with the  Better Business Bureau that is when he started asking for the email and so on which i gave  all till he ran out of things then came of with this last thing the Birthday question that to me sounds like he has something against me might be he does not like the fact i talked about   going to the Better Business Bureau  that is all i can think of but even then that was only after he asked for something he had no right to a PayPAL RECORD I NEVER USED ONE OR HAD ONE AND SURELY THAT IS ON FILE SO WHAT HE ASKED FOR WAS NOT RIGHT sorry caps lock was on .

I don't believe he was asking for "PayPal" account information, but if you ever purchased anything from the NC Mall or purchased NC from the MC Mall. If you did, you'd have a "pay" record of everything you have purchased from the NC Mall - a receipt, essentially. To access the NC Mall, you have to use your Neo user name and password. To purchase items from the Mall, you have to enter your Neo password to confirm that you want to purchase the item(s). Providing NC Mall transaction records can help prove you are the "said" owner of the Neopets account in question. Now you can purchase NC using a PayPal account. If you did, you could provide the records from PayPal, and only those records, dealing with purchasing NC from the NC Mall with PayPal. Again, that would be another way to "prove" you are the proper owner of the Neopets account in question.

i used cards i bought from my local Walmart store i never had a Payal account not then not now that is what makes no since i told my old pw that is what i used with every thing on there asking for something i never had is not right i even told some of the items i bought that way it made no difference to him i even told him to ask my neo friend i gave him a few items by gift boxes but again he had no interest if i had any admin but him this would never of happened in the first place.

3 hours ago, batman1975 said:

the listed reason was This account was found to be purchasing or selling Neopoints, Items and/or Pets.  

Because this is your listed reason it is very unlikely that you will get your account back from my understanding. The reason given essentially means your account was found to be purchasing or selling Neopoints, Items and/or Pets with real life currency. This does NOT mean purchases made through the NC Mall. By purchasing these types of things with real life currency you are cheating and accounts that are frozen for cheating reasons are not returned.

However, circumstances may change if you can prove your account was hacked and someone else accessed it to do these types of illicit activities.

Now I feel like we need some more information about your predicament.

When was your account frozen and did you ever purchase things from websites that granted you any of the things listed, either aware or unaware that it was against the rules? (No judgement! We all make mistakes.) Not trying to accuse, just trying to understand your situation better.

the only site i ever used was neopets i bought neopet cards from Walmart that is only use able on neopets in the nc mall i broke no rules it is there cards  for there site the only thing  that i can see is they have admins who need to be fired for taken accounts without a real reason i have been nice i have jumped through so many hoops  and still nothing the ones who cheat may get away but play fair and waste years and watch out that is the message i am seeing right now if you know of any admins   other than that ....Tony P  can you ask them about this because i am so past tired  of all of it at this rate reporting them to the BBB is a dang good idea and a lawsuit sounds like a start of a idea  since nothing else has worked all i wanted was what i have played and worked on for years the account had no real value to any one but me a lab ray a petpet labray a few cool trophy's not a lot i was not that good at games but i had my share of site events i would never have risked my account  for anything i enjoyed playing and talking to my friend till all this happened.

Have you tried posting on the Frozen Account Help Thread in the Neoboards? Someone there may be able to help more and give you some more insight.

when you make a post there using Tony name he is the one who reply's so no help i can see you are trying to help and i thank you but only another mod who is not well i hate to say power    hungry can help so i will end this question thank you for trying after all the time i have been trying to get this fixed i knew it would be hard to do without a honest admin

2 hours ago, batman1975 said:

when you make a post there using Tony name he is the one who reply's so no help i can see you are trying to help and i thank you but only another mod who is not well i hate to say power    hungry can help so i will end this question thank you for trying after all the time i have been trying to get this fixed i knew it would be hard to do without a honest admin

Maybe there have just been misunderstandings in your communication with him, because he literally has no reason to "take" your account (if that was even done by the same person as the one you've been talking to) and then refuse to give it back to you out of spite - there's nothing in it for him.

Do you still have the messages you exchanged with him? Maybe there's something in them you overlooked?

And as @Scoobert_Doo mentioned, he was asking for your pay records, which you would have if you bought anything in the NC Mall, regardless of how you paid. So if, by any chance, you kept the "receipt" (a.k.a "pay record" or "transaction log") of the stuff you bought there, you could still try giving that to Tony. That was probably what he was asking for in the first place.

9 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Have you tried posting on the Frozen Account Help Thread in the Neoboards? Someone there may be able to help more and give you some more insight.

3 hours ago, batman1975 said:

I was referring to posting on there to see if anyone there has any suggestions on how to retrieve your birthday for the account or  the transaction log that Tony is requesting. You don't need to use his name, just ask the folks on that thread for advice.

We have no affiliation with Neopets staff so all we can do here is offer advice on what to do next.

As @Nielo mentioned, maybe there's something you're overlooking in the messages.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I was wondering if this method would work for my friend as well.

She forgot her password and forgot the birth date. She has three emails she could have added to it but she believes she may have misspelled it.

I know you need birth date and email to confirm it was your account but would it be possible if she sent them the emails she has so they can verify it's hers even if it missed a letter or two?

• 5 months later...

Hello, not sure if this is active anymore but here goes anyway! I've been having trouble accessing my account for awhile now - I tried logging in a few times in the last year or two but was getting info that my pw was wrong and that I'm not getting emails to the email that I last recall having attached to the account. The other email possibility just wont receive neopets emails (yes I've checked spam, made sure no filters were on, put the support email on the allowed list, etc. etc.). I would really like to get back on to that account, as I had built up a lot there!

I've emailed in a ticket  (since normal tickets are down). I'd sent a ticket in the past but the response was that my account was purged - but I can still view the account, I successfully neomailed it (no frozen message), and in addition I checked my petpage where I kept track of my avatars and confirmed the page was updated in 2017 after the shell stamp collection avatar was released! So it seems unlikely I was purged (afaik my account would have disappeared if it was). I had had my account frozen for protection awhile back and I changed my pw to something complicated, most likely with symbols in it - could that be the problem? Someone had mentioned that could be an issue earlier on the board.

Thanks!

@Beatrice That's odd. When did you last successfully access your account? I think only accounts that haven't been accessed in a really long time get purged. I'm not sure if your password could be the issue, unless you used a symbol that isn't supported by the database the passwords are saved in, but that seems unlikely. Maybe your password was changed by TNT after the security breach a few years back? Have you checked your e-mail's history to see if you missed any messages from Neopets?

Either way, if your account's still there, waiting for a response from TNT might be your best option, since they might be able to tell you if you can get your account back.

• 1 month later...

I got the "Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page." message and when I click to submit a ticket, it says that it is moving servers. I have been trying for a really long time to get my account back and even sent a few emails to the official support email with no responses at all. I have had this account for 15 years and I miss my oldest pet, Fujiwarachiyoko. This is her ->Fujiwarachiyoko.png.4e969be97c0096f8588d3643b2aa6746.png

My username is davaz23. Can anyone help me?

All you can do is sent an e-mail to the official support address giving as much information as possible about your account (battle equipment, friends, stuff that's in your sdb, color/species transformations of your pets, old paswords, your birthday, NC purchases and prize codes you might have used, warnings you might have received (if any), your PIN if you had one set, (rare) items in your closet, etc) proving that the account is yours. You could add some old screenshot if you have some. After that it's just being patient. The ticket system changed so e-mail and their facebook are the only ways to contact them / sent tickets. But getting an account back takes a lot of patience. Sometimes it takes weeks before you get an e-mail back, asking you to give some more info about x or y (stuff that only the owner can know). That's all you can do reallly, and there is nothing we can do as we're just a fan site.

Anyway, good luck getting your account back!

• 5 months later...

Hello.... I got this message when trying to log. What would YOU GUYS say if it were you?

WARNING!

This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page. If you would like information on getting this account back, please contact us by clicking here.

If you think the above reason was applied to you by mistake, please contact our support staff by clicking here. Don't forget to include your USERNAME and explain why you think your account should not have been frozen. If you DID break the rules, please do not contact us again. Your account will NOT be unfrozen and you will not get your Neopet or items returned. But, you are welcome to create a new account, as long as you follow the rules.

Remember to read our Terms of Use thoroughly.

Edited by Ember
mistake posted too soon

@Ember Was your Neopets account inactive for quite some time? They may have frozen your account due to your inactivity to ensure that the proper owner is accessing the account after all this time. In order to get your account back you'll need to email support. Follow the steps we've outlined in the first post and patiently wait for a response from Neopets Team.

I would like to get back into neopets with my original account, however it has been well over 10 years since I last logged in. I remember the email I used for the account (it has been deactivated by cableone and they are unable to reinstate it), but I do not remember my username, password, or the birthdate I used when I created it.  

Would it be a lost cause trying to get access to it through the support team, or would it be worth a shot?