The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

55 minutes ago, JazeMarie said:

I would like to get back into neopets with my original account, however it has been well over 10 years since I last logged in. I remember the email I used for the account (it has been deactivated by cableone and they are unable to reinstate it), but I do not remember my username, password, or the birthdate I used when I created it.  

Would it be a lost cause trying to get access to it through the support team, or would it be worth a shot?

It's worth a shot. The biggest piece of information they will ask for is the email address you originally signed up with. They may ask other things to help identify that you are the real owner,  like pets you used to own, items you may have on your account, NC transactions - so try to jog your memory and be prepared.

In the end, it doesn't hurt to try! 

• 2 weeks later...

Pray for me, guys...

I tried logging into my account yesterday for the first time in over a year. I got an "incorrect password" message and, most alarming, the active neopet listed wasn't mine! When I clicked the "forgot password" link, I didn't receive an email... I did what was suggested here, which was I emailed support and immediately created a second account so I could see what was going on. It looks like everything is the same with my account - except there is a new pet, a yellow Kacheek with a much better name than I ever would have come up with.

Thankfully I was able to find an old email from 2014, when I first signed up for Premium. I sent them a snip of that and hope to receive good news tomorrow. Although I don't have any amazing stats or achievements, it just makes me really sad to imagine starting all over again. ? 

• 1 month later...

I have two questions in regards to the dilemma everyone on this board has, and am wondering if someone can help me answer them.

1. Is the account still there/active, etc. The account name is LFMacGreggor

2. What do I do? - My dad has a Neopets account that about 10-15 years ago, ( I don't remember exactly when), he stopped actively playing/using it, and basically, gave it to my sisters and I to use. And we loved it, we played it every day, whenever we could, as often as he could. Logged in, made sure that the Neopet had everything it needed, and played games.  As we got older and had less time to play it, for whatever reason, be it school, friends, extracurriculars, etc., regardless of all that, we always came back to Neopets. It had become part of growing up for us,  part of our childhood. And as we had less time to play, we started putting the Neopet in the Neolodge all the time, so we knew that it would always be safe and sound. Dad never really did anything with the account after he gave it to us, save for going on occasionally, if he had gotten the e-mail saying that the Neopet has been signed out of the Lodge, and he would go on the check if the Neopet needed anything and put it back in the lodge. Otherwise, he would just tell us, and one of us would go on, check on the Neopet, give it anything it needed, put it back in the Lodge, and play games if we had time. About 2 years or so ago, one of us tried to log in, because dad had received the e-mail, that the Neopet had been signed out of the Lodge, and we found the "Your account has been frozen for your own protection" thing, clicked on the link it said, then dad sent support an e-mail, with all relevant info that they wanted to prove it was his account, but without a ticket, because none of us knew how, or that we had to send it from a side or second account. He received a reply saying that he needed to submit a ticket, and after that, he pretty much gave up on trying to get the account back. I looked up how to recover the account and found out about sending the ticket from the side/second account, and told him, but he wouldn't have it. None of us (my sisters or I) wanted to give up hope or stop playing Neopets, but there was nothing knew of, that we could do. Then I found this site the other day, with stories and proof of people actually using this and getting their accounts back, and I tried to tell my dad about it, but once again, he would hear it. He has reserved himself to the idea that whoever or whatever company bought Neopets has made it that in order to even try and get the account back, you have to have Skype and/or Twitter, and /or something else, and/or something else etc. I told him that he didn't, that all he needed was his e-mail and Facebook account, but he wouldn't even listen to me. I would gladly make a second account, ( granted it would be with my email, not my dad's.) and submit the ticket to try and get it back, but because everything in the original account is under Dad's name and Dad's e-mail, I figure he would have to do it, but he doesn't care anymore, he won't listen, won't even try. So... ... what do I do?????

8 hours ago, LFMacGreggor said:

I have two questions in regards to the dilemma everyone on this board has, and am wondering if someone can help me answer them.

1. Is the account still there/active, etc. The account name is LFMacGreggor 

2. What do I do? - My dad has a Neopets account that about 10-15 years ago, ( I don't remember exactly when), he stopped actively playing/using it, and basically, gave it to my sisters and I to use. And we loved it, we played it every day, whenever we could, as often as he could. Logged in, made sure that the Neopet had everything it needed, and played games.  As we got older and had less time to play it, for whatever reason, be it school, friends, extracurriculars, etc., regardless of all that, we always came back to Neopets. It had become part of growing up for us,  part of our childhood. And as we had less time to play, we started putting the Neopet in the Neolodge all the time, so we knew that it would always be safe and sound. Dad never really did anything with the account after he gave it to us, save for going on occasionally, if he had gotten the e-mail saying that the Neopet has been signed out of the Lodge, and he would go on the check if the Neopet needed anything and put it back in the lodge. Otherwise, he would just tell us, and one of us would go on, check on the Neopet, give it anything it needed, put it back in the Lodge, and play games if we had time. About 2 years or so ago, one of us tried to log in, because dad had received the e-mail, that the Neopet had been signed out of the Lodge, and we found the "Your account has been frozen for your own protection" thing, clicked on the link it said, then dad sent support an e-mail, with all relevant info that they wanted to prove it was his account, but without a ticket, because none of us knew how, or that we had to send it from a side or second account. He received a reply saying that he needed to submit a ticket, and after that, he pretty much gave up on trying to get the account back. I looked up how to recover the account and found out about sending the ticket from the side/second account, and told him, but he wouldn't have it. None of us (my sisters or I) wanted to give up hope or stop playing Neopets, but there was nothing knew of, that we could do. Then I found this site the other day, with stories and proof of people actually using this and getting their accounts back, and I tried to tell my dad about it, but once again, he would hear it. He has reserved himself to the idea that whoever or whatever company bought Neopets has made it that in order to even try and get the account back, you have to have Skype and/or Twitter, and /or something else, and/or something else etc. I told him that he didn't, that all he needed was his e-mail and Facebook account, but he wouldn't even listen to me. I would gladly make a second account, ( granted it would be with my email, not my dad's.) and submit the ticket to try and get it back, but because everything in the original account is under Dad's name and Dad's e-mail, I figure he would have to do it, but he doesn't care anymore, he won't listen, won't even try. So... ... what do I do?????

1. The account does no longer exist. There has been a security breach a few years ago and a lot of pw were stolen. That's why they had sent an email to everyone to change the pw and they froze the accounts that hadn't changed their pw. After some time they purged all the accounts that hadn't been on for a while/were frozen I guess.

2. Sharing an account is against the rules, so if you plan on getting back into Neopets and create a new one, make each your own. Also, the ticket system has changed. You can just sent an e-mail if you're ever in need of contacting them. FaceBook could speed it up but isn't required at all. I've gotten my account back only with e-mails proving I am the real owner.

Bottom line, if you want to play Neopets again, make a new account with your own e-mail and don't share it, if they find out, you might get frozen for breaking the rules!

OK. Thx for the info. Like I said most of the info on getting it back we didn't know of. one other question though. thx for checking

ignore the question part in the last post. I was typing from my phone, and I didn't notice I had auto-typed it.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. Use the 'Edit' button or Multi Quote to reply to more than one post at once.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

I went to Neopets today, only to find out I had been logged out. When I tried to log in, my password no  longer worked, so I tried to reset it. However, there was a bit of a hitch - to cut down on e-mail overload, I changed my account e-mail to a university e-mail account that I wasn't regularly using, but said account was shut down in 2016, so I'm not sure of how to get my password reset now. I did send a help request to the support staff, but based on what I've heard, it may take a while for them to get back. Can anyone here help me?

EDIT: By the way, I have checked, and the account does still exist, I just can't access it.

It's all you can do if you don't have access to your account. Contact them with as much info you remember proving them it really is your account and wait. If you have enough info it could be resolved fairly quickly. Like in a few months. Maybe even sooner. If you can't convince them it will take longer but if they respond back they will ask you for the information they need.

6 minutes ago, kahran042 said:

What kind of info will they ask for, if you know?

If you've ever bought neocash they could ask for proof of that. The e-mail you signed up with. Changes you made to pets (species/colour changes). Stuff in your sdb, bd equipment, neofriends, books your pets have read, games you've played a lot or are marked as your favorites, your bday, basically everything the real owner and only the owner could know.

• 1 month later...

Hey so, I'm in a real jam here.

My account has been active on and off for over a decade, in 2017 I attempted to log in after a few months of inactivity, the problem is my last log in I had changed my password and for some reason could not remember it! I tried almost every variation I could think of. In the end, I logged into a side account and make a support ticket...

And I waited..

And I wait...

A year later I decided to e-mail TNT's support e-mail directly with my ticket number, asking if they could please take a look since I really just wanted my account back. I provided the original birthday, original password, the original e-mail associated (which had been deactivated long ago, the site doesn't exist anymore) and other information only I would know.

Four months later still no response, I check the website and learn that they were doing an overhaul of the help system.. Great. So I e-mail directly again stating that I had noticed this and gave them all the same information.

It's is now May of 2019 and I have yet to hear a response. I'm extremely upset. Neopets has been a huge comfort for me since I created that account, I love my neopets. I don't want to let my original account go. But they refuse to acknowledge or answer my pleas... What do I do? Do I try to contact them on their Facebook page? I just want to feed my pets gosh darn it! 12 years of being a Neopian shouldn't so easily get tossed out the window!

~Alex

2 hours ago, 1bluefur said:

I didn't... I didn't even realize it was launched yet! Very time I go to the help page I'm still getting the message that they're switching things around.

No worries. All you have to do is email them [email protected] and provide all the information/details that you have. 

They will give you a ticket number and you should get a reply in a much more timely manner.

15 hours ago, 1bluefur said:

Okay, I'll try that. I mean, I did e-mail them after they took the original system down, with all that information and didn't get a reply then... But maybe that was during some weird transitional period. Fingers crossed!

Definitely post, as @hrtbrk mentioned, on the link she provided. It is to the current "Ticket Waiting Board #50 - HIGHWAY TO HELP" topic, on the "Help" Neoboard. TNT "support" has been known to take a look at ticket numbers posted there, and sometimes post on the board itself. The topic has links to helpful pages, from other Neopians, on what to provide in the "support" email. The individual who make the topic, is fairly active there, and on the "Help" Neoboard, in general, and provides good advice. Good luck!

I actually just submitted a ticket to see if I can recover the old accounts from almost 18 years ago lol. Worth a shot right? I hope there are some goodies in there ?

Don't remember the password, emails, or pins. I hope I even have the birthdays right. My old main def is the right one but the old side was actually a former joint account with a sibling that became "unjointed" when a rule came out. I wonder if they'll even accept the info I give them. I definitely had a maraquan pet. The information is so fuzzy and there's not much to work with.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have an account that's nearly 20 years old, that somebody has changed the associated email and PIN for.  It's really frustrating.  They've sold my codestones for next to nothing, and PIN protected most of the site, so I can't do anything that uses it.  I've changed the password but don't think it's going to help... I sent an email to the support address and posted on the help neoboard in the thread mentioned above, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for reading

10 hours ago, FoolishFancy said:

Hi guys,

I have an account that's nearly 20 years old, that somebody has changed the associated email and PIN for.  It's really frustrating.  They've sold my codestones for next to nothing, and PIN protected most of the site, so I can't do anything that uses it.  I've changed the password but don't think it's going to help... I sent an email to the support address and posted on the help neoboard in the thread mentioned above, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for reading

If you changed the password, does that mean you can still access the account? If so, you should be able to have the current pin send to you (which can be done using the link at the bottom of the pin preferences page, where there's also a link to change the e-mail address associated with the account).

I would also assume that whomever has been using your account can't access it anymore now that you've changed the password.

*Edit: having read the page where you can change your e-mail address more carefully, I realise I have to enter my pin to change my e-mail address. Are you stuck in a Catch-22 situation where you have to change your e-mail to get your pin, but have to enter your pin to change your e-mail address? ?

• 1 month later...

My account is frozen again and this time I totally had no idea why.

Here's my email to their ticket, explaining what I was doing these days.

Dearest TNT,

I would like to recover my account.

I understand the reason why my account is frozen. I had two tabs open while playing Meepit Juice Break (taking breaks in between to get highest score, because I wanted the avatar) and Extreme Potato Counter (which I didn't play but the potatoes were counted by my husband who has fast eyes).

I also was actively switching tabs between Snow Wars and Neoquest in between chores because I would like to quickly get the trophy before I go on vacation.

I mean, I knew I would be frozen for being too active these few days. If there are other reasons please let me know, I won't repeat the same mistake again.

I'm sorry if this is an issue. I have been frozen before for something I didn't commit and I didn't plead further. This time I will try to get my account back by providing the reasons.

Here is my information.
xxxxxx

If you need extra info regarding the account (I did some research online on how to get back my frozen account). My PIN is xxxx and my old password is xxxx.

As I mentioned, I keep around 8 tabs open, of many different games. But my account keeps getting logged out whenever I login on mobile phone. And when I go back to my PC to those tabs, I log back in and pick up where I left. I spend about 20-30 minutes per game before my finger gets tired from refreshing so I switch tab to another game.

If you're wondering how all of a sudden my 13 year old account becoming so active again, it's just because this account was an account I created after my main (which I don't remember username, probably schairiney) was frozen (wrongly accused for multiple account abuse) and I used that (irinatasya) account to contact your team. I couldn't recover that account because I couldn't prove that I was innocent, but just like right now, I've given all my reasons and in fact, I'm extra careful with this one because you've provided the reasons why my old account was frozen. I don't make my daughter use her account too actively here on my PC and I also don't farm NPs on my secondary accounts (even though back then I had no idea I couldn't do this, had to learn the hard way).

In case of changes of location, I was in Malaysia and now I moved to Italy.

I'm sorry.. this is all I have. I don't know what other possible reasons, but I'm begging you to please at least tell me if I need to slow down. It will not happen again. I probably have been playing too much.

And this is my uptime in total. The only evidence I have to prove that I was actually on my PC for almost two days with several tabs open for the games.

I'm very sure I'm being wrongly accused here and I understand you're just doing your job making sure the players are playing fairly and you're doing a great job. I hope you could kindly please unfreeze me, but if you can't for other reasons, please do let me know. I really want to try to get back my account this time.

Thank you for your time and effort, I appreciate it.

Do you guys think there's still hope? I read everywhere that many people were wrongly accused in the past and never got their accounts back.

The attachment that I sent them is my PC uptime 42 hours in total from task manager.

• 2 weeks later...

My old account from before 2008 was frozen, and I only discovered it yesterday. I rarely use the account and last logged in at the start of this year's A.C. but didn't do anything with it except join a team. I sent off an email with the information I can remember. I hope I get it back. :\

2 hours ago, Bodhi said:

My old account from before 2008 was frozen, and I only discovered it yesterday. I rarely use the account and last logged in at the start of this year's A.C. but didn't do anything with it except join a team. I sent off an email with the information I can remember. I hope I get it back. ?

Were you using it as a side account? Because I don't think you're allowed to join an AC team from a side account, as you get items for joining a team. ? Was there a message indicating why your account was frozen?

• 4 weeks later...

Nvm.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Duma) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Per the reason above, please review our SPAM rules.

• 6 months later...