The Official "I Can't Access My Account. Now What?" Board.

.Brianna.

My (almost) 15 year old account has just been frozen for absolutely no reason, while I was in the middle of using it. I was logged out, and unable to log in again (but no "bad password" messages etc). My friend checked on her account for me and it says that mine has been frozen.

I created a new one to try to submit a ticket, but the Help page says

"Page Expired

The page you are trying to access is no longer available."

whenever I click on it while logged in. I've emailed support, but is there anything else I can do if the Help page isn't playing ball? I've tried on two different browsers but am getting the same error message.

Because my account is so old I don't even know which email address it's associated with.

I'm having an issue login into neopets now too. I'm usually login all the time but the other day i used another computer to login into neopets and it didn't work so i just amused it was the computer and didn't think nothing of it but when i finally got onto my computer which i now had to re login into because it kick me off when i tried to login somewhere else it won't work either. My usuername and passwork is correct. I don't get any sort of message when i try to login all it does when i try to login is refresh the page. I tried clearing cookies, deleted history, check for outdated software nothing seems to help. i tried on my ipad as well it does the same thing. I tried the forgot password and forgot user name option but i don't get an email either. I don't see in spam. I've had the same emails since the day i got email so i know i wouldn't used a different one. I think i have a side account but i haven't used it in years so i can't remember anything about it and i think i used my mom's old email to create back in the day. Does anybody got advice on how to fix the problem. i've been looking online for similar problems and tried things but nothing has helped so far. Can somebody see if i got frozen some how. Username is Funnylacie. i hadn't been on for a couple of days before this problem because i was out of town and didn't bring my computer with me and that's the only device i use to play neopets. 

I'm having an issue login into neopets now too. I'm usually login all the time but the other day i used another computer to login into neopets and it didn't work so i just amused it was the computer and didn't think nothing of it but when i finally got onto my computer which i now had to re login into because it kick me off when i tried to login somewhere else it won't work either. My usuername and passwork is correct. I don't get any sort of message when i try to login all it does when i try to login is refresh the page. I tried clearing cookies, deleted history, check for outdated software nothing seems to help. i tried on my ipad as well it does the same thing. I tried the forgot password and forgot user name option but i don't get an email either. I don't see in spam. I've had the same emails since the day i got email so i know i wouldn't used a different one. I think i have a side account but i haven't used it in years so i can't remember anything about it and i think i used my mom's old email to create back in the day. Does anybody got advice on how to fix the problem. i've been looking online for similar problems and tried things but nothing has helped so far. Can somebody see if i got frozen some how. Username is Funnylacie. i hadn't been on for a couple of days before this problem because i was out of town and didn't bring my computer with me and that's the only device i use to play neopets.

User Lookup: funnylacie question_mark.png

This account has been disabled.

You'll want to create a side account if you don't have one already so that you can submit a help ticket. Be sure to include as much information as possible about your account to prove it is yours and hopefully TNT can help you out.

User Lookup: funnylacie question_mark.png

This account has been disabled.

You'll want to create a side account if you don't have one already so that you can submit a help ticket. Be sure to include as much information as possible about your account to prove it is yours and hopefully TNT can help you out.

how does one get disabled?? I tried to make a side account and i did make one but to activate i need a code and it wont send to my email. i don't have another email so i use the same one i had before it says that -mail message has bounced!

[Report Message]

A message sent to you at _________.com was not delivered. The message from the other server is 'This email address has bounced in the past'. Check http://www.neopets.com/faq.phtml to find out what you can do to fix the problem.

I can't got the page suggested because my account needs to be activated.

Ok i made a new email and submitted a ticket. i hope it works out. thanks for the help

new ticket is #5163-7144107.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Opps Sorry about that. I have another question i've summit my ticket and everything and trying to wait patiently. I know one of you looked up my account and it said that my account as been disabled. Can you tell me how you looked it up?? Because i tried to look up funnylacie my user name in the search box and all it says is:

Sorry, nothing containing 'funnylacie' was found. Please try again.

Is that normal?, i used the same search box to look other usernames and they popped up. Can your account be deleted??

Can you guys help me figure out the status of my old account? The username is "avaricee" and when I search for the account I find it and everything is still in place.

The email I used back in 2009 no longer exists but I suspect that the account is disabled as my passwords have remained as consistent variations of the same few passwords since I was a kid.

I wrote a ticket a little over a week ago and I logged on to a new account to check the status and the ticket was just deleted. I reached out to the Facebook page but I have not gotten a reply.

Is there anyone here who can help me recover my old account :'(

how does one get disabled?? I tried to make a side account and i did make one but to activate i need a code and it wont send to my email. i don't have another email so i use the same one i had before it says that -mail message has bounced!

[Report Message]

A message sent to you at _________.com was not delivered. The message from the other server is 'This email address has bounced in the past'. Check http://www.neopets.com/faq.phtml to find out what you can do to fix the problem.

I can't got the page suggested because my account needs to be activated.

Ok i made a new email and submitted a ticket. i hope it works out. thanks for the help

new ticket is #5163-7144107.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Opps Sorry about that. I have another question i've summit my ticket and everything and trying to wait patiently. I know one of you looked up my account and it said that my account as been disabled. Can you tell me how you looked it up?? Because i tried to look up funnylacie my user name in the search box and all it says is:

Sorry, nothing containing 'funnylacie' was found. Please try again.

Is that normal?, i used the same search box to look other usernames and they popped up. Can your account be deleted??

It may have not shown up for you if you weren't logged in at the time. You may have had an extra space or something too in the name. Your account "can" be deleted but that's only when they do a purge of inactive accounts and that rarely happens and it's only to accounts that have been inactive for a very very long time.

Can you guys help me figure out the status of my old account? The username is "avaricee" and when I search for the account I find it and everything is still in place.

The email I used back in 2009 no longer exists but I suspect that the account is disabled as my passwords have remained as consistent variations of the same few passwords since I was a kid.

I wrote a ticket a little over a week ago and I logged on to a new account to check the status and the ticket was just deleted. I reached out to the Facebook page but I have not gotten a reply.

Is there anyone here who can help me recover my old account :'(

Your account is not disabled, so that's a fairly good sign. The reason you most likely cannot gain access to your account is several months ago Neopets learned of a data breach that happened a few years ago and the information was leaked online. This information included usernames and passwords to accounts. The breach happened in 2012 so anyone who hadn't changed their password after that instance had their passwords automatically changed by Neopets to protect the account. What they were doing is sending emails to people with a link to reset the password. This link would be useless after a certain amount of time and if the email on your account was no longer active, you'd get locked out.

If your ticket was deleted then open another one and provide as much information about your account as you possibly can to prove that you are the owner. It can take quite some time to hear back from Neopets. Some have been lucky and received a quick reply while others are stuck waiting. In the meantime you can play on your side account and use that as your main until you regain access to your account.

Unfortunately no one here can help you recover your account because we are just a fansite and have no connection with Neopets Staff, so you'll have to wait on a response to your ticket. If you follow the steps outlined in the first post of this board it'll give you a good start. Good luck!

Do you have any reports on ticket response times? I waited a week just for my ticket to completely vanish :(

That's weird that your ticket just vanished, probably an error in the system. I would file another ticket and hopefully have better luck with that one. Wait times can be as little as a few weeks or about a month all the way up to several months. It just all depends when they get to your ticket. I hope you get a quick response within a month or two instead of having to wait for a while longer. :)

Today my account was disabled in the ten minutes I got up to make some food. When i came back I had been logged out and the account was disabled - but my side which is linked to the same account was not. I did send in a ticket but I heard some people could log in and their accounts would say "frozen for protection" or "cheating" but when i try and log in nothing happens...tried on several browsers. The password as not changed bc I can view my NC log..is this normal that I don't see a "reason" or "can't log in?" 

Today my account was disabled in the ten minutes I got up to make some food. When i came back I had been logged out and the account was disabled - but my side which is linked to the same account was not. I did send in a ticket but I heard some people could log in and their accounts would say "frozen for protection" or "cheating" but when i try and log in nothing happens...tried on several browsers. The password as not changed bc I can view my NC log..is this normal that I don't see a "reason" or "can't log in?" 

I'm not entirely sure, but I think when your account has been disabled, you don't actually get to see the message "This account has been disabled.", just the people who view your lookup do - and unfortunately, your account does seem to be disabled. :(

(If you'd view your (main) lookup from your side account, you'd probably get to see the message as well.)

I cant access my account because it wants my birthday for verification (i haven't been on in a while) but i put a fake birthday when i made my account. What do i do now!

Someone please help!

thanks 

I am not an expert in this area, or even have lot of info, but I hate to see a question go unanswered. And I know it is a common one, meaning I've seen posts, here, and on the Neoboards about others who have done the same (used a fake birthday and cannot remember). Only Neopets support can assist with a forgotten birthday.

If you have a side account, open a support ticket from that account, but make sure to let them know it is about the account you cannot access. If you do not have a side account, or don't wish to create one, send an email to [email protected]. Pick one or the other. DO NOT do both - open a support ticket and send an email. If you do that, they may believe it is a duplicate ticket and I've heard of cases where both tickets were closed, without the issue being resolved.

Now comes the hard part. You will have to provide as much information as you can, to prove the account is yours, or, rather, so Neopets support believes you are the rightful owner of the mentioned account. You will want to use only information that you, as the account owner, would know. For example, list some or all of the Neofriends you have, the email account you used to register on Neopets, or, if you are now using a different email account, the original email account you used. If you ever bought NC, you may have an email from Neopets with the purchase receipt. How many items are in your SDB, or a list of rare items in your SDB, etc. This petpage has some great suggestions: http://www.neopets.com/~Dariganto. Also, the previous posts on this topic include some good tips, too.

And after, comes the even harder part: Waiting. Neopets support handles a lot of tickets, everyday. It may be a while, until you see a change in ticket status. Unfortunately, there are no guides/guidelines on how long it takes for them to answer tickets. However, you shouldn't just open the ticket and wait forever for them to respond. Once a week, or every two weeks, you should update your ticket. Ask them if there is any other information they require, or if you remember something important about your account that you only know, but forgot to mention it with the opening of the ticket, add it then. Remember to always be polite, don't badger, and be understanding. I know it can be hard, but it may help. Politeness/kindness always goes a long way. While waiting, post your ticket number on the "Game over - Lost account waiting board #40 sad.gif" topic, found on the "Games" Neoboard - http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=156969553 and on the "Ticket Response Waiting Board" on the "Help" Neoboard, current one, here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=158480486. You will find helpful advice and lots of support, on both. The "theory" of the boards is that either the board moderators or even the support team may notice the posts/ticket numbers there, and get tickets looked at, especially ones that have been opened for a long time. The boards are always there and a new ones are created, when the "old" board reaches the message limit. Others have posted that posting on the Neopets Facebook page with their ticket number has helped them get their ticket looked at, or looked at sooner, too. As I mentioned earlier, be polite and understanding there, as well.

Finally, always have hope. You are not the first person this has happened to, or will be the last. You are not alone. I've heard of people having tickets open for several months to a year, even two, and getting their accounts back. Hopefully, you will not have to wait that long. Heck, it has even happened to TDNers, and with happy endings: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/47512-thats-it-im-quitting/and here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/47483-cannot-log-in/ and hopefully on this topic.

Please read the previous posts, if you haven't already, in this topic, and I wish you the best of luck and believe you can get your account back. I'm rooting for you!

I had a minor panic attack when I saw that I was unable to login which escalated to major panic attack when I read on my side account that my main was frozen.  I was so panicked I made a new thread rather than posting on this one.  Woops.

I am going to submit a ticket, and will hope to hear from them soon.  I have no idea why it was frozen.  I have an old account I have been playing on for a long time and I honestly wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it.

It is interesting reading on here how many accounts have been frozen recently that do not know the reasoning.  Has there been any indication as to why?

13 hours ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

I had a minor panic attack when I saw that I was unable to login which escalated to major panic attack when I read on my side account that my main was frozen.  I was so panicked I made a new thread rather than posting on this one.  Woops.

I am going to submit a ticket, and will hope to hear from them soon.  I have no idea why it was frozen.  I have an old account I have been playing on for a long time and I honestly wouldn't do anything to jeopardize it.

It is interesting reading on here how many accounts have been frozen recently that do not know the reasoning.  Has there been any indication as to why?

There was a data breach back in 2012 and the information was recently leaked, I think this summer. Not 100% sure on those details. Because of this breach any account that was active at that time and had not changed the password had their account locked out. Neopets sent out time-sensitive emails to these accounts with a reset password link. The problem was because they were timed not everyone was able to get to them before the links expired, emails were not getting to people properly and some were being sent to inactive/deleted email accounts. This caused a wide range of problems. Neopets has stopped providing reasons for your accounts being frozen, the most common cause is you were hacked and your account was frozen for your protection.

Hang in there and I hope you get your account back! :)

8 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

There was a data breach back in 2012 and the information was recently leaked, I think this summer. Not 100% sure on those details. Because of this breach any account that was active at that time and had not changed the password had their account locked out. Neopets sent out time-sensitive emails to these accounts with a reset password link. The problem was because they were timed not everyone was able to get to them before the links expired, emails were not getting to people properly and some were being sent to inactive/deleted email accounts. This caused a wide range of problems. Neopets has stopped providing reasons for your accounts being frozen, the most common cause is you were hacked and your account was frozen for your protection.

Hang in there and I hope you get your account back! :)

Ah, thank you Mouseykins!  That makes me feel so much better.  I didn't know about the breach, so I appreciate the information.  I am still waiting to hear back, I hope my account returns safe, too! =]

Hi all,

It's a bit depressing seeing how many people seem to lose their accounts...

Since starting to play neopets in 2001 (!!!) I have now for the first time been kicked out of my account. I can only think I've been hacked - since I rarely interacted with other players via trades or neoboards (I just used it to make np, do dailies, train my pet etc). I had literally just put up a trade of a skeith transmogrification potion(the ONLY ONE on the TP, none in the auctions), and received one offer of 180,000 np. Which I politely rejected (obviously). Next thing I know, I'm logged out of my account and unable to get back in. It says my password is wrong. I immediately check my trades, and there are none! The rest of the account is still there though, but for how long...

I have no idea how someone managed to gte into my account, change the pw so I'm locked out. Really gutted about this, I submitted a ticket but doubt anything will be done about it. Just a matter of time until they start clearing out my bank account and SDB I guess (upwards of 5000 items in there!)

edit - Ah, it has begun.... my shops has just lost about 80% of its items in it. This is painful to watch :(

First of all take a deep breath and relax!

You've done all you can by submitting your ticket. TNT will freeze your account and will then proceed with helping you gain access to it, but you will need to prove you are the owner of it. There have been several people on here who have been hacked and items stolen. Most of them have received their items and Neopoints back from TNT, so there's hope that you will be able to get your stuff back. TNT will get to your ticket! Try to be patient with them, I know it's hard but there's nothing else you can really do about it. Hang in there and wait for them to respond. :)

I honestly don't know what to do now. I know I've only been waiting for a response since october but I need to be back on by the altador cup. I'm on the verge of buying a train ticket and going to their actual office. I need to know if there's any way beyond sending tickets that aren't answered. TDN do you think me showing up at their office will make any difference because I don't have the money and time to throw away for something as ridiculous as that sounds. I continue to post on Facebook and am looking for the phone number or mail address to Jumpstart their owner. 

1 hour ago, nicholasyugi said:

I honestly don't know what to do now. I know I've only been waiting for a response since october but I need to be back on by the altador cup. I'm on the verge of buying a train ticket and going to their actual office. I need to know if there's any way beyond sending tickets that aren't answered. TDN do you think me showing up at their office will make any difference because I don't have the money and time to throw away for something as ridiculous as that sounds. I continue to post on Facebook and am looking for the phone number or mail address to Jumpstart their owner. 

Going there would most likely be a waste of your time and money. There is no phone number to reach them either. The only thing you can do is follow the steps outlined in the first post of this thread. By doing all of that you are increasing your chances of having your ticket looked at. I know it's hard to sit back and wait, but there's really nothing else you can do. As for snail mailing them I don't know if that would do much good and I don't even know where you'd find their mailing address. Hang in there!

Sometimes following up helps. If you're sure you've provided all the information you can to prove you're the owner of the account, probably just send them a gentle nudge. Once, I had a ticket wait 10 months - I followed up and only took a week for something to get done about it. I don't know what kind of Customer Support they have going for Neopets these days but it might be worth a try.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:58 AM, nicholasyugi said:

I am sorry to hear about your account being stolen, especially since October!  That is quite a long time to wait.  I agree with Mouseykins, though, all we can do is give gentle nudges every so often and wait.  As much as I also want my account to be back, I try to think of TNT on the other end.  If a lot of accounts are being hacked or frozen, it must be a lot of tickets to go through and research involved.

I feel your frustration with waiting months.  Maybe consistently give an update or pleasant nudge every week?  It's a gentle reminder for them and shows your passion.

Quick question, though: On the main post, it says to update the information if I don't hear anything back.  Does TNT see this update and that is why I should do it?  What do I write, that I'm checking in or does it have to be more information concerning my account?

38 minutes ago, Sun-and-Rain said:

I am sorry to hear about your account being stolen, especially since October!  That is quite a long time to wait.  I agree with Mouseykins, though, all we can do is give gentle nudges every so often and wait.  As much as I also want my account to be back, I try to think of TNT on the other end.  If a lot of accounts are being hacked or frozen, it must be a lot of tickets to go through and research involved.

I feel your frustration with waiting months.  Maybe consistently give an update or pleasant nudge every week?  It's a gentle reminder for them and shows your passion.

Quick question, though: On the main post, it says to update the information if I don't hear anything back.  Does TNT see this update and that is why I should do it?  What do I write, that I'm checking in or does it have to be more information concerning my account?

Yes. It is a good idea to update your ticket, at least once a week, if you haven't heard back. At least Support will know you are still an active player, and are really wanting your account back. Unfortunately, I do not know if Support sees the update. I'd guess your ticket would be "flagged" somehow, but I do not know for sure. Sorry. And, yes, write something like - "I notice I haven't received a reply about my ticket, but is there something I missed adding?". Or, "Do you require any additional information?". Or, "Just checking in on the status of my ticket.". If there is something you might want to add, but didn't earlier, that may help prove you are the owner of your account, add it then. For example, "Just checking in on the status of my ticket. I also remember I had a "Bony Grarrl Club" in my SDB, if that helps. Thank you."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2017 at 4:09 PM, Scoobert_Doo said:

Yes. It is a good idea to update your ticket, at least once a week, if you haven't heard back. At least Support will know you are still an active player, and are really wanting your account back. Unfortunately, I do not know if Support sees the update. I'd guess your ticket would be "flagged" somehow, but I do not know for sure. Sorry. And, yes, write something like - "I notice I haven't received a reply about my ticket, but is there something I missed adding?". Or, "Do you require any additional information?". Or, "Just checking in on the status of my ticket.". If there is something you might want to add, but didn't earlier, that may help prove you are the owner of your account, add it then. For example, "Just checking in on the status of my ticket. I also remember I had a "Bony Grarrl Club" in my SDB, if that helps. Thank you."

Thank you, I will keep doing this.  It's been two weeks and it hasn't been looked at yet, but I hope it will soon.  I hope support does see the updates, because you're right, that is where it would show who is active.

5 hours ago, LauraRaWr said:

Has anyone had their account successfully returned to them? Feeling very discouraged

Im also having trouble activating my account, it will not send the email, and yes i did check the spam folder.

Laura, what account are you trying to activate?  One that was returned to you or a side you created?

I'm super sad. I was playing earlier today and then I logged in while Kenny watched some Youtube, I found out my account has been disabled. Made a side account and sent in a ticket. Just super sad 'cause I've been playing a lot lately, hopefully, it get's resolved soon.