What's your style?

memepolice

Hey everybody! I'm kinda curious about the artists here on TDN. I'd like to see what styles you use when drawing. I'm not very good at art so I just use colored pencils and markers. 

For some reason I managed to have my art submitted for Pteri Day on the 8th. LOL.
102_1.gif
Picture Competition CHAMPION!!!

Here's my submission: 

2016-11-06_361_0815645001478457573.jpg 
Plushies Can Fly Too!
By 
memepolice

Please post a picture of your art down below, I'd like to see how other Neopians draw. :3

Here are a few pieces I've done. I've never entered the contest...maybe I should.
https://goo.gl/photos/e1vbTduhYK2ezMg98
Two were sold in different galleries in Ohio (Nine Muses and Avenue Arts Marketplace & Theatre). One is oil on a 16x20 canvas, the other is fine pieces of straw I cut and layered on a piece of fabric (I forget its dimensions). The cartoons I did for my nieces...sharpie fine point marker and Prismacolor colored pencils (I used their coloring books as a reference and drew them freehand). The one niece wanted glitter, so she used glitter nail polish to dot all over the drawings lol.

Nice work you two! I have a thread on TDN forums with a fair bit of stuff.

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/37438-art-and-animations/

I like to vary things a bit, but MAINLY I sketch in pencil, scan and then color in an old art program I have. I don't really have a set style, just an amateur trying to improve. ;)

Wow!  You guys are all great!  I cannot draw at all.  I guess everyone has their own abilities though.  You see me riding my quad over there in my profile pic (only broke my leg once- lol) but in all the time I danced and did gymnastics, from age 3-20, never broke any bones.  I saw a lot of girls break bones, necks, backs, arms, tear ACLs, meniscus, etc.  Now that I am OLD, my art is my jewelry and my wreaths.  I never knew I was artistic until I made beautiful wreaths that people actually wanted to buy and I sell my jewelry at work and ebay.  So, I guess we all have our talents/different art forms.  You guys draw beautifully though.

S_A and Aquamentis12, thank you both. Both of you have very lovely art styles!

Rntracy1, I think quads are really fun. My sister and I used to ride dirtbikes and quads when we were younger! It's really enjoyable so I can see why it's a hobby for you.

For my birthday (on Sunday) I'm hopefully going to get a drawing tablet for my computer so I can begin digital art; I think my art would look neater if it were digital. 
Do either of you have DeviantArt by the way? :icecream:

I don't really draw on paper, but I do use the laptop to draw. I just use MS Paint because A: I barely have the money to get an actual program, and B: I've actually grown quite attached to it.

I might edit this with a proper example soon, but my icon was made by myself.

S_A and Aquamentis12, thank you both. Both of you have very lovely art styles!

Rntracy1, I think quads are really fun. My sister and I used to ride dirtbikes and quads when we were younger! It's really enjoyable so I can see why it's a hobby for you.

For my birthday (on Sunday) I'm hopefully going to get a drawing tablet for my computer so I can begin digital art; I think my art would look neater if it were digital. 

Do either of you have DeviantArt by the way?  :icecream:

I'm not. I just do various art shows and private commissions (yes, they pay for them), and thanks...you young folks and computers lol. That's one area I'm not fond of working in; digital, but I love looking at that kind of art. I think it's wonderful to see so many artists here! <3

I'm not. I just do various art shows and private commissions, and thanks...you young folks and computers lol. That's one area I'm not fond of working in; digital, but I love looking at that kind of art. I think it's wonderful to see so many artists here! <3

I'm not fond with digital art but I want to learn so I can be like the cool kids.  :rock:  Heheh. 

Do people pay for your commissions? :O

I'm not great at doing traditional art (ie pencils and paint on paper) but I have recently gotten into digital art. I do have a DA. If you want to check out my art here's a link:

http://panthersclaw.deviantart.com/

Oh my gosh, I love your artwork! I think you could make really cute Cybunnys 

(judging from this piece you made)

BomBomInSpringby Panthersclaw

Thanks! Glad to hear some likes for my thread. lol I've got other stuff to upload, which I will EVENTUALLY, but I can't double-post, due to forum rules. So I might have to edit in a pic to the current last post. Like the pic I finally finished for Halloween. XD

Wow!  You guys are all great!  I cannot draw at all.  I guess everyone has their own abilities though.  You see me riding my quad over there in my profile pic (only broke my leg once- lol) but in all the time I danced and did gymnastics, from age 3-20, never broke any bones.  I saw a lot of girls break bones, necks, backs, arms, tear ACLs, meniscus, etc.  Now that I am OLD, my art is my jewelry and my wreaths.  I never knew I was artistic until I made beautiful wreaths that people actually wanted to buy and I sell my jewelry at work and ebay.  So, I guess we all have our talents/different art forms.  You guys draw beautifully though.

rntracy1, YEP! Art exists in MANY forms! Jewelry and wreaths sounds more on the craftsy side of art. But still art and still requires a lot of attention to detail! :D

I don't really draw on paper, but I do use the laptop to draw. I just use MS Paint because A: I barely have the money to get an actual program, and B: I've actually grown quite attached to it.

I might edit this with a proper example soon, but my icon was made by myself.

Myctophobic, there are a number of free art programs out there. I've had my art program for about 17 years now, amazing it still installs/works on Windows 8.1 XD Paint Shop Pro 6. But there are a number of freeware art programs out there! Firealpaca is one, Krita is another, and bit more POWERFUL freeware.

I'm trying to learn this new animation program that just went opensource earlier this year. It's called OpenToonz. If you're up for a REAL challenge, it's been befuddling me quite a bit! LOL It's still pretty neat, I just have to learn how to use it's functions more. lol

Here are the links to the above mentioned software.

Firealpaca (English site)- http://firealpaca.com/en

Krita https://krita.org/en/

OpenToonz https://opentoonz.github.io/e/index.html

I'm still working on learning them, and I haven't had time lately so I haven't gotten far enough to help anyone. But these ARE free, and seem like good places to start.

Happy arting. ;)

Thanks! Glad to hear some likes for my thread. lol I've got other stuff to upload, which I will EVENTUALLY, but I can't double-post, due to forum rules. So I might have to edit in a pic to the current last post. Like the pic I finally finished for Halloween. XD

rntracy1, YEP! Art exists in MANY forms! Jewelry and wreaths sounds more on the craftsy side of art. But still art and still requires a lot of attention to detail! :D

Myctophobic, there are a number of free art programs out there. I've had my art program for about 17 years now, amazing it still installs/works on Windows 8.1 XD Paint Shop Pro 6. But there are a number of freeware art programs out there! Firealpaca is one, Krita is another, and bit more POWERFUL freeware.

I'm trying to learn this new animation program that just went opensource earlier this year. It's called OpenToonz. If you're up for a REAL challenge, it's been befuddling me quite a bit! LOL It's still pretty neat, I just have to learn how to use it's functions more. lol

Here are the links to the above mentioned software.

Firealpaca (English site)- http://firealpaca.com/en

Krita https://krita.org/en/

OpenToonz https://opentoonz.github.io/e/index.html

I'm still working on learning them, and I haven't had time lately so I haven't gotten far enough to help anyone. But these ARE free, and seem like good places to start.

Happy arting. ;)

I guess I consider jewelry and wreath making more ARTISTIC than actual art.  It takes creativity to design and talent to implement.  I guess that's why when you look up categories to buy supplies online, they are all listed as "arts and crafts."  LOL.  I guess it might be easier to put a wreath together than to draw a picture, but some of the jewelry I make is just as difficult as drawing, not everyone can do it.  I will upload some pics for you all to see.  (I was not insinuating that you think it's easy.  LOL.  Not at all).  I guess my point is, some people express art with their body (dance, gymnastics) and others express their art through drawing, or creating items.  For instance, my husband couldn't draw to save his life, but he can build cars, and fabricate parts (such as fenders and door panels) like you see on TV, by cutting and welding and painting.  He is EXTREMELY talented.  We build, race, and show our cars.     

• 1 month later...

You are all very talented! I like to paint, however I don't have any examples online. Maybe one day I will get a chance to scan some of them. I mostly do abstract art. I definitely agree there are many forms of art and many ways to be creative and show talent. Well, I am not that talented, so in my case it is more just liking to be creative, even if I don't have much to show for it, it's important to do something you love and just have fun as well =)