uBlock origin is blocking a whole site !??

Angeló

so i installed ublock origin and worked fine for a couple months on Torch Browser (chrome - based)

yesterday i tried to open a streaming site i use daily (the watch series) and it was blocked .. it gave me the option to unblock it so i did but it opened like those proxy sites when ur internet is slow and you get just the text on the site and can't click the links .... so i removed ublock and installed adblock which is working fine but still won't block everything ... (i still get 1 or 2 popups while with ublock it blockd everything) ..... 

is this smthg due to ublock itself or the website has changed smthg and was seen as malware by ublock ??

Did you google the problem to see if anyone else has posted about it elsewhere?

That's always what I do if I run into some kind of tech problem.

Usually if uBlock has most of the page blocked is because the content on the site is mostly made up of ads, or may even be malicious. I can't really speak of the streaming site you're using, but if uBlock is blocking it I personally wouldn't use the site anymore. 

so i installed ublock origin and worked fine for a couple months on Torch Browser (chrome - based)

yesterday i tried to open a streaming site i use daily (the watch series) and it was blocked .. it gave me the option to unblock it so i did but it opened like those proxy sites when ur internet is slow and you get just the text on the site and can't click the links .... so i removed ublock and installed adblock which is working fine but still won't block everything ... (i still get 1 or 2 popups while with ublock it blockd everything) ..... 

is this smthg due to ublock itself or the website has changed smthg and was seen as malware by ublock ??

Angelo I use that site CONSTANTLY for all my streaming needs! I haven't been on it in a couple weeks, but I just checked and it seems that uBlock is classifying the site as malware, so if you want to continue using it because it's a great site for free unlimited streaming I'd see about temporarily disabling the blocking of the site. You should have two buttons, one for temporary and one for permanently. I'd try temporary first to see. There might be an add on the site that's been flagged for malware or something like that.

Because I use an iMac, I'm not particularly concerned with viruses, but if you have Windows I'd probably run a scan after visiting the site to be safe. :)

Oh man, I went to check the site out as it sounds good if two of you guys use it. What I actually got was a page from a UK site called ispcourtorders, showing a load of blocked sites (that one included), and telling me I "have the right to apply to the High Court to vary or discharge the Orders below if you are affected by the blocks which have been imposed.  Any application must be made to the High Court directly and must (i) clearly indicate your identity and status as an applicant; (ii) be supported by evidence setting out and justifying the grounds of the application, and (iii) be notified to all parties 10 days in advance.".

Okay...I'll not be checking this out after all then. :rolleyes_anim:

My best guess is they will probably be changing their url soon or removing the ads that are causing the issues. If you can I'd try contacting them with your issues. I was able to access the site completely and get to my show by disabling uBlock so there were adds but I got no pop-ups.

@Jellysundae It's a FANTASTIC site and I've NEVER had a problem with it and I've been using it for over 5 years now. There's just an add that's on their causing some grief. Once it's sorted out it'll be fine. It's just like how some browsers will block TDN if there's an add with suspected malicious intent.

@Angelo if you're looking for cartoons/anime try out kisscartoon.com it's HD quality videos and 100% free.

i DID contact them 

and im using adblock it's ok for now until they sort it out (i have ublock on another browser to see when they fix it)

but wont they discourage using ad blockers since they're a site that relies mainly on ads to stay running ?

i watch The Walking Dead , WestWorld and Married With Children mainly

for anime i use kisscartoon or gogoanime :)

They might discourage the use of adblockers but they should still look into removing the suspicious add(s) that are causing problems.

The Westworld you're watching is that the one that just started last month with Anthony Hopkins? <3 that show! My husband and I are 2 weeks behind though. Since it's dialogue heavy we have to watch when our kids are either passed out or otherwise amused.

I hope they fix the issue soon. I haven't had much time to stream, but with the weather getting colder I'll have more free time on my hands. :)