Games Master Challenge

Sun-and-Rain

Yes! I agree totally! I also don't know if I am just mixing up Daily Dare with Games Master Challenge but I usually have to practice most games A LOT to get the required score... This year there were only a couple I spent more than a few tries on..

I also must say that I found I wasn't interested in keeping many of the prizes. I liked the long fur coat and, of course, the stamp... but the other prizes were just... meh. Lame prizes or no, though - I still love these site events :) !!!

I was a little surprised that I only had to play one game twice. I was also expecting different games for the different sides or I would have chosen differently... Oh well at least it was something that kept me on the site for more then a day. I have really been scarce lately on neo as it hasn't kept my interest since the big name purge.

They definitely made things easy this year and I am not complaining one single bit! I'm thrilled that I was able to complete all challenges for the first time ever and get them all completed on release day as an added bonus. :)

I don't really like the games and I'm not good at them, so when it comes to these kinds of events, I usually prioritize getting wearables, plushes, and petpets. I got all the ones I wanted so far so, eh. Igloo Garage Sale took entirely too much practice, but Kookia was super easy. 

I had TERRIBLE lag the whole time. I'm surprised I even made it to the last day. I had to completely give up the last day. I'm normally good at these games but no amount of skill can survive against weird lag. The games would lag, freeze completely, be okay for a few seconds and repeat. But SOMEHOW the AD video to the right (that constantly plays unless you click on it every time it starts playing again) would be fine. Sometimes the game wouldn't freeze but my controls wouldn't work. I tried restarting my wifi, clearing my cache, being the only one using wifi, everythingggg. Nothing fixed it. Good thing this is a virtual game cause that was ridiculous. xD I almost bought a month of Premium to see if making the ads go away would help. It seems like it didn't matter what device I used either.

Send score for 50 qualifying games + lag and can't move + "Game Over" right before getting required score = unnecessary annoyance at a virtual game  :dance:​ 

Why, Neopets? WHYYYY -dramatically falls to the floor-

hahah

I don't remember if it was harder for me other times. I had some trouble this time, but definitely not bad, overall. The hardest for me was Freaky Factory, it was going very fast right from the start and I didn't remember it going that fast, had been a while since I last played it. I don't usually play the flash games because I don't have a computer (just use my phone for Neopets stuff), so my sister let me use her laptop. I got all the challenges, but not all on the day because I did not see before Thanksgiving and one of the days I got 2 on the day, then missed 2 because I had to do some shopping and got back late. Oh well, anyway I like the GMC, even an event this short and simple is still fun and interesting to me =)

I had TERRIBLE lag the whole time. I'm surprised I even made it to the last day. I had to completely give up the last day. I'm normally good at these games but no amount of skill can survive against weird lag. The games would lag, freeze completely, be okay for a few seconds and repeat. But SOMEHOW the AD video to the right (that constantly plays unless you click on it every time it starts playing again) would be fine. Sometimes the game wouldn't freeze but my controls wouldn't work. I tried restarting my wifi, clearing my cache, being the only one using wifi, everythingggg. Nothing fixed it. Good thing this is a virtual game cause that was ridiculous. xD I almost bought a month of Premium to see if making the ads go away would help. It seems like it didn't matter what device I used either.

Send score for 50 qualifying games + lag and can't move + "Game Over" right before getting required score = unnecessary annoyance at a virtual game  :dance:​ 

hahah

I thought it was just me and my old computer!! I had to play games over and over again b/c of lag. It would freeze up and I would have already lost by the time it started working again. Took me hours, and didn't get everything on release day!

Lagging is always an added annoyance =[  I remember playing Key Quest and having my computer lag when my opponent's did not.  I understand the frustration.

I am glad I am not the only one who felt the challenges were easy, though.  I must say, I was relieved that the qualifications for each level of Altador Cup was lessened, but the point of a game challenge is to be that: a challenge.  

Although, I should be careful what I wish for, because I remember needing to get a certain score on Snowmuncher that was near trophy-worthy from a previous year and wanted to smash it into the wall.  It is possible that was a "Better than you", also.

hahah

I thought it was just me and my old computer!! I had to play games over and over again b/c of lag. It would freeze up and I would have already lost by the time it started working again. Took me hours, and didn't get everything on release day!

I can't stress this enough. If you aren't using one, and ad block plugin for your browser will definitely help, especially with older computers, and on Neopets. Give it a try and see. If you don't think it helps, then remove it. But I believe you will find it does help.

I can't stress this enough. If you aren't using one, and ad block plugin for your browser will definitely help, especially with older computers, and on Neopets. Give it a try and see. If you don't think it helps, then remove it. But I believe you will find it does help.

Thanks for the tip! Any suggestions on which one?