Stuck on Spellbook

sherlockian_fan

OK, so I'm stuck on the end of Part 14 of the Altador plot in which you have to find a spellbook. Now, I've used SunnyNeo and TDN's spellbook finder and both have given me different coordinates for the library rooms.

Now, here are the original coordinates for the Sleeper, as found in the star data provided by thedailyneopets.com:

OK, so putting those coordinates into TDN's spellbook finder thing, I got these coordinates: 11,9. I went and checked the room and I didn't even find it. I checked again, nada.

So, I'm like, let's check out SunnyNeo. I put the Sleeper's coordinates in there, and I got this set of coordinates: 11,12. I went and checked the new room, and still no spellbook. I even went around the room again just in case. Nada.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong here? Or is this a...*gasp*.... glitch? ;) I highly doubt that it's a glitch but rather something that I'm doing. If anyone could help, that would be great. I can use it! :D

Well, inputting the coordinates you provided into TDN's Altador Plot Spellbook Finder, I got 11, 12 - same as you got on SunnyNeo's site. However, looking at your Sleeper coordinates, something doesn't look right. In particular, coordinate -199, 260. I do not think the "-199" part is correct.

Looking at your "X" coordinates, two of yours are -199. I think your fifth one (-199, 260) should be (-119, 260). If you note, starting with -279, all of your "X" coordinates decrease by 40, except when you get to the second -199. Comparing my "X" coordinates, all of them do decrease by the same amount of 40. If you subtract -159 by 40, you get -119.

If you now re-input the "new" coordinate into the Spellbook Finder, you get 12, 12. Give that a try and see if can now find the Spellbook in that library room. (Please, of course, check my work by inputting your "new" Sleeper coordinates into the Spellbook Finder on both TDN and SunnyNeo. Hopefully, both will now match).

Good luck and let us know if that worked!

EDIT: You might want to double-check your "star data" (from TDN's Constellation Finder page, http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/constellation-finder/, too, and make sure everything still is the same, with the exception of the fifth coordinate of the Sleeper, and hopefully, it shows (-119, 260).

OK,so I did that and it worked! Thank you so much for helping me find my mistake. :) And I did check both TDN and SunnyNeo's spellbook finder and they both matched.

Again, thank you for helping me find my mistake. I must've read it wrong and therefore put in it wrong.

-sherlock_fan

Update: The Altador plot for me is finished! Thank you to the people who have helped me along the way. :happydance:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I need some help. I did not find the spellbook and the room I was given was 17,9.

My sleeper coordinates are:

(106,75)
(146,45)
(186,15)
(226,15)
(266,45)
(306,75)

And the room I got was 17,9 and the book was no where. Please Help!

Nevermind guys! I mixed up the numbers! The 5th one is 266 not 226! Silly me! Now my Coordinates are 12,9! So I will look for that book! :D

I found the book! No need for help guys! I finished the Altador Plot! :D

• 4 months later...

Plz help me! my sleeper coordinates are 

(-180,285)
(-140,255)
(-100,225)
(-60,225)
(-20,255)
(20,285)

but they're not working! after i put them into the coordinate spellbook thingy i got 12,9 the first time i tried it, but after i checked and couldn't find it, i did it again and found it was 12, 6, but it still didn't work.

HELP!

On 5/7/2017 at 11:16 PM, Starry154 said:

Plz help me! my sleeper coordinates are 

(-180,285)
(-140,255)
(-100,225)
(-60,225)
(-20,255)
(20,285)

but they're not working! after i put them into the coordinate spellbook thingy i got 12,9 the first time i tried it, but after i checked and couldn't find it, i did it again and found it was 12, 6, but it still didn't work.

HELP!

Hm...I input your Sleeper coordinates into TDN's Spellbook Finder and got 12, 9 - just like you did the first time around. Looking at your six coordinates, they appear to be as they should - meaning all "X" coordinates decrease by 40, and the "Y" coordinates have a difference by 30 (the first 3 decrease by 30, the third and fourth are the same, and the last 3 increase by 30). So, as per step 139 of Part 14 of TDN's guide, input your 12, 9 coordinate into YOUR URL and try again. Use the picture and click on all areas where the book could be. Although its been a while, I remember having a hard time finding the Spellbook, and ended up clicking on everything twice, before finding it, even though I was certain I clicked on the "correct" book before. As the books in the picture are small, and some are close together, make sure you look for your mouse pointer to change to the hyper-link finger pointer. Good luck!

• 3 years later...

I know this is a very old topic, but if anyone is still around. I have double and triple checked the coordinates but i still cant seem to find it.

(93,108)
(133,78)
(173,48)
(213,48)
(253,78)
(293,108)

These are my coordinates, and it gives me room 15, 18. But i cannooot find the book. Anyone able to double check if i still might have it wrong?

On 4/3/2021 at 2:46 AM, fishy said:

I know this is a very old topic, but if anyone is still around. I have double and triple checked the coordinates but i still cant seem to find it.

(93,108)
(133,78)
(173,48)
(213,48)
(253,78)
(293,108)

These are my coordinates, and it gives me room 15, 18. But i cannooot find the book. Anyone able to double check if i still might have it wrong?

Your coordinates look like they follow the pattern - "x" coordinates decrease by 40, and "y" coordinates decrease by 30, for the first three. Inputting your Sleeper coordinates into TDN's Spellbook Finder, I get 15, 18, just like you did. It may help, when you are on the Neopets page, looking for the spellbook, to increase your web browser's zoom. Usually, Ctrl + and Ctrl - work for most browsers. (Hold down the Ctrl key, and hit the "+" key to increase zoom). By zooming in, it may help you to see when your mouse cursor changes, and/or make it easier to see it change. You may, also, want to double-check your star data via TDN's Constellation Finder, here:

https://thedailyneopets.com/altador-plot/constellation-finder/

As I stated before, the spellbook can be tricky to find. I think your coordinates are correct. But, keep at it, and I know you can find it!