Welcome to December and Advent Calendar Begins!

hrtbrk

TDN welcomes you to the month of December alongside Neopets' Advent Calendar!

welcometo-dec.jpg

Links: Home | Battlepedia | Customization | NeoAvatars | Forums

This month, we have these events:

• Advent Calendar begins on December 1st
  • Bruce Day on December 5th
  • Wocky Day on December 12th
  • Borovan Day on December 20th
  • Day of Giving on December 25th
  • Neopian New Year on December 31st/ January 1st

food_candy_cane.gifmall_giftbox_candycane.giftoy_stocking_candycane.gif

Other things to do: Dailies | Monthly Freebies | Faerie Crossword | Pet Transfers | Advent Calendar

I have a love/hate relationship with the month of December. Love all the free goodies from the Advent Calendar but hate all the extra work. Can't win lol!

Advent calendar is my favorite. Except they changed up the "hidden" clickable this year. I must have watched the thing 20 times before it dawned on me that the Fir in the window might be it...

YES!!  I always look forward to Advent.  I really like today's prize and the animation.  Super cute.  Hope that helmet looks okay on at least one of my pets.  lol

Advent calendar is my favorite. Except they changed up the "hidden" clickable this year. I must have watched the thing 20 times before it dawned on me that the Fir in the window might be it...

I'm so glad you posted this! I'd just started looking for candy canes. I guess TDN's Fir on the daily page should've been a hint :P

I felt like yesterday was the 1st all day so I'm glad it's finally here! I really enjoy the advent calendar on Neo & December is a busier but fun time with family & friends enjoying the Christmas holiday all month long for us so I really enjoy this time!

Edit: Also, I got a Snuffly as my 'hidden' gift.

Well spotted!

You've found today's hidden Fir! As your reward, you've earned the following prize:

slu_coffee_slushie.gif
Coffee Slushie

This item has been added to your inventory.

Thanks alexinwonderland! This is what you will see if you quickly click on the FIR in the display window by the pricey diamond tiara that the Snowager and jr. snowager (?) were looking at first when gift shopping or gift pilfering- whatever they were doing! LOL

Oh, btw, I initiated a SNOWBALL "FIGHT"! You can keep or reject the snowball, up to you ;) My intention is to have fun & we don't have snow in TX.  :woot:

Edited by midnight_spell360

ou've found today's hidden Fir! As your reward, you've earned the following prize:

sno_ice_cereal.gif
Ice Cereal

Did anyone notice that the animation today was longer than the previous years by far . . . ?

I totally forgot that today was going to be the start of the advent and I freaked my BF out when I got excited to see it in the dailies line-up, let;s just say I'm a Christmas FREAK!

Also got this little trinket from the Fir 

bd_crystal_ball.gif - Use to be worth around 15k so not bad, maybe we'll get some good items from the hidden clickable this year?

BTW it's absolutely adorable to see the Snowager acting all father-like. Look at that little Jr. Snowager.

Anyone else excited to see what Faerie things we'll get!?!?

I hope the Snowager is going to hibernate, this year. Just took a peek and he is currently awake. Maybe he was too excited to hibernate after today's Advent Calendar gift shopping...

I was thinking the same thing.  I came here to ask that.  Isn't the snowager supposed to hibernate the entire month?  I mean, it is good and bad because you can't get the avatar if you don't have it already, yet, you can get a prize any time of the day.  Hmmmmm!

I totally forgot that today was going to be the start of the advent and I freaked my BF out when I got excited to see it in the dailies line-up, let;s just say I'm a Christmas FREAK!

Also got this little trinket from the Fir 

bd_crystal_ball.gif - Use to be worth around 15k so not bad, maybe we'll get some good items from the hidden clickable this year?

BTW it's absolutely adorable to see the Snowager acting all father-like. Look at that little Jr. Snowager.

Anyone else excited to see what Faerie things we'll get!?!?

The only faerie item I know we can get is the fire faerie snowglobetoy_globe_fire.gif

since that was the bonus item I got.

The only faerie item I know we can get is the fire faerie snowglobetoy_globe_fire.gif

since that was the bonus item I got.

There will be Faerie Items given out by the Advent calendar itself, which will be new items we haven't seen yet. That's what I'm referring to.

It's the moooost wonderful tiiiiiime of the year

Or at least the time of year I wouldn't miss on Neopets for anything. Starting out strong with a wearable, it makes me think of Skyrim.  For the bonus I got an Orange Chocolate Snowflake, which I needed for my gallery, yesss

I am rather disappointed with some of the items so far.  Sorry to be such a downer.  I remember a couple of years ago, I believe, if I am not mistaken, it was when Jumpstart first took over, they gave out books almost every single day.  That was AWESOME!  I mean, who doesn't read to their pet?  And if you don't, the advent calendar books are usually worth quite a bit.  But this year, all of the items are "gifts."  Even the "toy" gun we got today, our pet can't even play with it.  They might "shoot their eye out."  LOL.  But seriously, what is up with a toy that our pets can't play with?  We have gotten 1 book and 1 wearable so far.  I hope there are better things to come.  

I am excited about Stocking Stufftacular.  I do love that.

I am rather disappointed with some of the items so far.  Sorry to be such a downer.  I remember a couple of years ago, I believe, if I am not mistaken, it was when Jumpstart first took over, they gave out books almost every single day.  That was AWESOME!  I mean, who doesn't read to their pet?  And if you don't, the advent calendar books are usually worth quite a bit.  But this year, all of the items are "gifts."  Even the "toy" gun we got today, our pet can't even play with it.  They might "shoot their eye out."  LOL.  But seriously, what is up with a toy that our pets can't play with?  We have gotten 1 book and 1 wearable so far.  I hope there are better things to come.  

I am excited about Stocking Stufftacular.  I do love that.

I agree. This is my first year doing the Advent Calendar and I was hoping for better prizes. I don't have any friends to send these gifts too. It's pretty pointless. At this point, I'm only in it for the neopoints.

I agree. This is my first year doing the Advent Calendar and I was hoping for better prizes.

I find that in general, the Advent calendar has something for everyone- remember that even though you guys might not like the prizes every day (or even most of the days), throughout neopia there's lots of users who collect whatever is given out. For example today's prizes would be great for people who collect eyewear or sunglasses, bruce-related items, guns or snow-related items. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of prizes that you both like I'm sure. 

I personally don't like getting books in the advent calendar. I don't read them to my pets or sell them, they just sit in my sdb because I won't use up single-use prizes. I prefer plushes/toys and wearables. 

I find that in general, the Advent calendar has something for everyone- remember that even though you guys might not like the prizes every day (or even most of the days), throughout neopia there's lots of users who collect whatever is given out. For example today's prizes would be great for people who collect eyewear or sunglasses, bruce-related items, guns or snow-related items. Don't worry, there'll be plenty of prizes that you both like I'm sure. 

I personally don't like getting books in the advent calendar. I don't read them to my pets or sell them, they just sit in my sdb because I won't use up single-use prizes. I prefer plushes/toys and wearables. 

Yes, you are absolutely right!  And I did think about it in that context.  My only issue was that the items are "gift" items and therefore non-usable for anyone other than the people who collect them.  So, like during the GMC one of the prizes was a toy pirate boat.  I am sure most people found it useless.  I happen to collect pirate items, so I found it absolutely GREAT!  But all of my pets got to play with it before it went into my gallery.  (If they happened to break it, it would have been MORE valuable.  lol)  But my point is, even to people who don't collect pirate items, it was still usable to them for their pets to play with.  That was my ONLY complaint. 

Yes, you are absolutely right!  And I did think about it in that context.  My only issue was that the items are "gift" items and therefore non-usable for anyone other than the people who collect them.  So, like during the GMC one of the prizes was a toy pirate boat.  I am sure most people found it useless.  I happen to collect pirate items, so I found it absolutely GREAT!  But all of my pets got to play with it before it went into my gallery.  (If they happened to break it, it would have been MORE valuable.  lol)  But my point is, even to people who don't collect pirate items, it was still usable to them for their pets to play with.  That was my ONLY complaint.

The fact that YOU WON'T read or sell the books is a personal issue.  The thing is, you CAN.  With these gifts, there is NOTHING you can do with them.  The old lenny dentures, what are you going to do with them?  They are on the SW for 75nps.  I am surprised they are THAT MUCH!  But big deal anyway.  And even you admit, you would rather toys/plushies and wearables.  That is exactly my point.  Things you can use.  I made a point about the books because those were the best items they gave.  They were things that were usable.  I don't expect things that I like EVERY DAY.  But I don't expect things I DON'T LIKE every day either.  Today is actually the FIRST day I liked the prize and we are 6 days into it.  But oh well. 

Hey, you got your faerie item today!!  Just as was complaining about being disappointed about the items, we get a cool background, and you get your faerie item.  Score for both of us!

I know I was so happy when I saw Taelia I was like "FAERIE STUFF! FAERIE STUFF!" I love that background too!

I know I was so happy when I saw Taelia I was like "FAERIE STUFF! FAERIE STUFF!" I love that background too!

As soon as I saw it I thought of you!  I was like, "There's her faerie stuff, whoo hoo!"  They must have heard us!  lol.  I love the background too.  I think I will go RE-customize one of my pets.  lol.  I just got them all decked the-halls out, but I have to use this cool new background now.  Hee hee hee. :santa:

• 2 weeks later...

they gave this two days in a row .. yesterday and today .. im sure theres a glitch though

MTE. Must have been some wires crossed. 

I always promise myself that once I reach my (current) bank goals I'll go back and buy all the advent calendar stuff that I have nostalgia for from when I played as a child or just the stuff that I don't have from previous years that I like. (Given that my current account is only four years old there's a lot I don't have...)