Shalom!

Oliver

Hi Oliver! Seeing as you've already found your way here, I'd say you're doing pretty well! In case you haven't seen the Dailies page, this will probably be your most useful tool. I don't do them all, I pick and choose. It's a good way to try stuff out that you might end up enjoying, and you can get free stuff! http://thedailyneopets.com/dailies/

Hi Oliver & welcome! I just sent you the pieces for the Forgotten Shore Map so you can get started with that daily. You can find out more info about it here: http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/forgotten-shore-dailyYou picked a great time to join Neo with the Advent Calendar just starting up there's fun freebies to collect every day. If you have a smartphone (or I think you can play on Facebook?) Ghoul Cathers is a great app to play to earn up to 50 K in Neopoints daily. Have fun getting started. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know!

Hi Oliver, welcome aboard. You'll enjoy your time on Neopets and this forum. There are a wide range of ages and personality types. What we have in common is that we all spend various amounts of time (from a few minutes a day to a few hours) here. It's fun escapism and you can express your creative side and make new friends.

I don't know how much you've read here or on the main site yet. I would suggest starting with their own tutorial

http://www.neopets.com/help/tutorial/index.phtml

Then I would Google "new to Neopets". I found a link and there are many more. (I can't vouch for this one, but after a quick glance it seems OK)

http://www.neopets.com/~Lady_Windwalker

For starters, take your time and do the dailies as you learn the ropes. Remember we all were newbies once and made mistakes (and still do!). The Daily Neopets has a large index of helpful articles on everything. You can also search the forums for similar questions and answers.

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/index/

A few extra thoughts: don't keep any "valuable" items in your inventory. Random events can cause some items there to be lost or destroyed (such as being stolen by a ghost). It's part of the game, which is what all of Neopia is. Some things have risks and some have rewards. Instead, move those items to your Safety Deposit Box. There they will be protected. You can remove them whenever you wish, for sale, trade, or using them as needed. Another tip: if you need to know the true value of an object, use the Shop Wizard first. The drop down menu on an item gives an estimate, but those are often wrong. Search the shop wizard instead, and don't settle on the first result page, keep refreshing. Some values are out of date, as someone may have listed an item when it was higher, and now it's dropped way down, or vice versa.

I know it can all seem a bit overwhelming at first. But few of us do, or have even tried, everything that is or has been available. Over time you'll figure out which events and games appeal to you the most, and you'll concentrate on those. Good luck!

Salaam, Oliver! Welcome to TDN Forums. I hope you are finding our circle of friends to be supportive and helpful, especially when you are just starting out on Neopets. ;)

I sent you a welcome package based on your pets (and a snowball!  :medieval: ), keep or sell the items-whatever helps you out!  :rambo: Looking forward to your posts.  :rolleyes_anim:

Salaam, Oliver! Welcome to TDN Forums. I hope you are finding our circle of friends to be supportive and helpful, especially when you are just starting out on Neopets. ;)

I sent you a welcome package based on your pets (and a snowball!  :medieval: ), keep or sell the items-whatever helps you out!  :rambo: Looking forward to your posts.  :rolleyes_anim:

Thanks so much!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Please remember that quotes do not count toward your overall word count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'll try to add other tips as I think of them. For example, besides ways of making money (neopoints, or NP for short) you should also know ways of saving money.

When you get a food item, such as from a daily or random event, check its value first. Some can be worth hundreds, or even thousands, each. It's your choice, but if I was just starting out, I wouldn't feed something that expensive to my pets, especially when there are free food options that will satisfy them. The Giant Omelette and the Free Jelly links are on the Dailies page. Clicking on those sends the food item to your inventory, where you can feed it to your pets. That's how I keep mine fed, as well as from the Movie Central link. That one doesn't actually send you food. For that, once the graphics load, you click on the left door and go inside to the theater concessions area. You can choose from one of the food items (such as popcorn or burgers) and click each for all of your pets. The fed pet on the right will then appear blurred out some until the next day when you can feed them again there. I keep pricier food items in my Safety Deposit Box or sell them.

Another choice you'll have is whether to accept Faerie Quests as they show up (search the topic in the Index). These quests will increase your Pet's battle stats, depending on which Faerie you see. You don't have to accept, especially if you are low on NP, or don't care if that pet's stats go up that day. I keep a separate browser window open with the Shop Wizard so I can check the cost of the item the Faerie asks for before deciding if it's worth accepting. If you don't already have the Wizard page open, it won't let you use it while you have a Quest underway, so plan ahead for that. (There are Faerie help threads in this Forum if you forget).

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/faerie-quests

This last tip for now isn't about money. I keep several low value toys in my inventory and play with my pets almost daily. I'd rather see the happy looks on their faces :wub_anim: than the frowns :sad02: that will show up when they get ignored.

Hello and welcome! For some reason I first read your post as saying you had been on 2 years, haha. I was like that's not so new, then I saw it said hours and I was like oh, okay.

Anyway, I think other people have pretty much covered everything. This is a great place to be because you get help and information about Neopets and there are interesting posts and friendly people =) I hope you have a nice time here and on Neopets. Take care!