Advent Calendar 2016 Weapons

Lamppost

The 2016 Advent Calendar is ringing in the holidays, and battlers are getting some unique gifts this year! Already we've seen two new weapons and more are likely to come. Who knows, perhaps there will even be a Super Attack Pea under Neopian trees this year?

wea_amira_staff.gifwea_candy_dragon_star.gif

Weapons from Advent Calendar 2016:

Please contact us if you have any additional information about these weapons!

I don't know much about the battledome, but that looks like a LOT of icons on that throwing star to me!  I could imagine it's hard to tell without knowing any other effects, but does that imply it's a good weapon?  I'm not sure if some damage types are much better than others haha ;w;

I just tried the Candy Cane Dragon Star in a fight against the Nefarious Plotter (level 80) and it said that it did 6 Earth icons x and 6 ...I want to say dark but I got freaked out when it "disappeared" but when I went back to Stats-it was back. *phew* It just can only be used once per battle like the faerie healing dust.

These are some very nice weapons.  TNT has been giving some nice ones lately.  The yooyu knuckle duster, from the AC, is another example of a GREAT weapon.

Wow, just checked the entry for the Candy Cane Dragon Star. Looks like a nice once per battle weapon! I mean, it's 12 icons, so it's slightly below the Honey Potion as far as possible damage goes. (Honey Potion is 13.1 to 16 icons). But HP I think is still unbuyable, while the Candy Cane Dragon Star is one the Shop Wiz for as low as 1,500np! So seems like a pretty decent value imho. :)

Looking at Amiras Staff's entry. While it MAY be weak with only 6 icons offense, it looks to have 3 icons Air defense. At a price UNDER 100np, for a beginner or budget battler who needs a little air defense, this might help fit the bill!

SUPER ATTACK PEA!?!? Oh man that'd be awesome, but also bad! The value of that would go WAY down.

Yeah, I think Candy Cane Dragon Star is going to be a decent beginner/mid-level bomb. As Aquamentis pointed out, it's only slightly less power than Honey Potion, but it's considerably cheaper.

However, battlers considering this item may want to weigh its cost-effectiveness versus 15-icon muffins. Many muffins, while single use, attack with 15 icons and you can practically select which icon types. If you know your opponent's ability to defend against a certain icon type, a muffin might be a better option for you.

My Grundo, Paprika_Love (on loan from my sis, mintmilanos) was fighting the Jetsam Ace using the Amira StaffYou aim to royally whack Jetsam Ace on the bum with Amira's Staff! *icon of a grey fist*x3 and *leaf* (earth?)x3

I was laughing so hard from picturing my Orange Grundo whacking the Jetsam Ace on his bum with the crook of that staff! LOL  :laughingsmiley:

My Grundo, Paprika_Love (on loan from my sis, mintmilanos) was fighting the Jetsam Ace using the Amira StaffYou aim to royally whack Jetsam Ace on the bum with Amira's Staff! *icon of a grey fist*x3 and *leaf* (earth?)x3

I was laughing so hard from picturing my Orange Grundo whacking the Jetsam Ace on his bum with the crook of that staff! LOL  :laughingsmiley:

LOL I know, right?! :D  Also, the Gray Fist damage icon is for Physical damage, and the Green Leaf is for Earth, you got it right. :) But yeah, funny that they use "bum" in the using text. Just, lol  It's multiple-use chuckle inducer! ;) :D