The Kindness Project Needs Staff Members!

Musical_Shoyru

sgophi.jpg

HEY EVERYONE!

A fellow TDN member and I have started a guild dedicated to granting wishes for all Neopians. We were inspired after our 3rd time (this will be my 4th time!) participating in the TDN's Wishlist gifting. I've always loved doing things for others and have tried to find a way to do so through Neopets that does not violate their rules and have finally found a way to do that!

I am currently looking for 3 more individuals who would like to join my guild council and help it with this cause. I ask that only serious people and regular Neopet players apply for a position. I also ask that your account have some age to it. I have currently been on Neopets for almost 9 year and my other staff member has been on Neopets for 10 1/2 years. We both have accumulated items and NP throughout the years and can better help others out due to this fact. Your account does not have to be that old, but for staff members we are looking for experienced players with NP saved up that would like to spread some cheer to others.

To learn a little more about the guild visit our homepage here; http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=4176228

We are also recruiting regular members that would like to be a part of the guild in general!

Requirements for ALL STAFF

• Must have access to the Secret Lab Ray to help keep our Dream Pet Wishlist moving smoothly
  • Must be willing to pool together NP to make purchases to grant Item Wishlists (this can be done via buying items from our Donation Shop)
  • Must have been on Neopets for 3+ years
  • Must be a regular player. TPK is looking for daily, if not, weekly commitment to this guild. We have HIGH hopes for this Guild and would like a great team to work with toward our common goal.
  • Some HTML experience would be awesome, but not required. It would just be nice to have some help with updates and the layout here and there.
  • Must be willing to share your e-mail with the founder (myself) as to have access to an Online google document to keep track of Guild Activities
  • Must be willing to communicate with other staff members through an IM App whether that be; Skype, Discord, AIM, Curse, Yahoo!, Facebook etc. (DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION PUBLICLY ON THE FORUMS!)

Positions Currently open

• Postition III; Rank Moderator; This person will be in charge of changing each members rank as they reach each requirement as made known on the TKP ranks page. This person must be okay with receiving Neomails from users as this is how they will be notified when  someone hits a Rank Milestone and wants to change their rank.
  • Position IV; Moderator; This person is in charge of keeping our message board clean as well as suspending, deleting or blocking members that would cause problems. You will have access to Member Admin. Functions, but MAY NOT change ranks. This position must also be willing to receive Neomail in case someone needs to report another member bullying them or to report a problem.
  • Position V; Event Planner;  This person will be in charge of creating a new poll each week and updating our calendar as events get planned and items/Dream Pet wishes get granted.
  • Non-Council Position; Zapper This position is available to those who do not want the full commitment of being a council member, but would like to work 'off-council' so to speak. You will not have access to any admin options, but we would like you to join our guild council chats and have access to our Dream Pets Wishlist.

FAQ

Below are some question that my staff member had asked me that may answer any questions you had. Just let me know if you have more questions

•  People get to request two items a month.  I understand that.  But if people are sending you specific requests, why do we have a link to the JN wishlist page? 

I simply linked the JN Wishilist page so they can create a wishlist for keeping track of their own items, etc. Basically just an extra resource to utilize

• Do people have to send you their wishlist link and you get to randomly choose which items off that wishlist you will gift them?  Like we do with the TDN Christmas Gifting?

This is an idea I thought of, however I would like to in the future set up a page dedicated to wishlists for members. This can be something where other members can more easily send items to others as to rank up by viewing their wishlists.

• With the rankings, do members have to be gifting people off wishlists or can they send whatever random thing they want to whatever random person they choose and consider that a gift?

The idea is that they can either send items off of our wishlist page when that page is up and running. In the meantime you rank up simply by sending items to friend or random individuals and any gift is taken toward that count.

•  Will we, at any point, have a list of people's wishlists to access?  Is that what people are doing?  Sending us their wishlists in the hopes that our guild will work our way through granting their list?  

I think I answered this, but just in case. Yes at one point I would like ALL guild members to have access to each others wishlists. This will be for the use of the guild members to send what they wish and how ever many items they wish to a given person. We still will collect the requests each month, but the request sent to us via Neomail will be wishes granted by our staff and not the guild members. Once we get the Wishlist page up I will make an update notifying people that they can send us their wishlists and we will update the Wishlist page accordingly.

•  Will there be a cap?  As in, will there be a maximum number of wishes a person can have granted (either by the guild itself or by its members) before we say, "That's enough wishes granted for you.  You can not request any more."  
Currently there is no cap, my thoughts is that we do not chose the same person 2 months in a row. However, I think with the Dream Pets it'll work a bit differently;

• Let's say Acaralvr27 wishes for a Chokato (TCG) through the Item requests and wishes for a Gold Acara and a Faerie Buzz through the Dream Pet Requests.
  • Acaralvr27 gets chosen for the random BIG gift of the month and receives the Chokato (TCG)
  • Then we happen to zap a Faerie Buzz.
  • If Acaralvr27 receives the Chokato (TCG) that month she still can be in the running for that Faerie Buzz.
  • Now let's say another member, lets just say Hiddentowerfreak1234 requests the same pet; a Faerie Buzz, but has not received an item for that month then the Buzz we zapped will go to Hiddentowerfreak1234  rather than to Acaralvr27
  • The goal of TKP is to grant as many peoples wishes as possible each month, rather than to one person several times.

We may in the future do a cap on a dream pets such as if you have received 5 pets through our Dream Pet Service you cannot not request anymore, just because the dream pets work differently then items. If someone requests two pets and we happen to zap both of those and no one else requested the second pet they did then we'd end up sending them both to them that month.

We also will go in order of when the request were received. If we receive 7 requests for a Faerie Grarrl and we happen to zap one then we'd go down the list of people in the order they were received.

• How many wishes do you anticipate granting per month? Or rather, how many people would be focused on per month?  
I haven't decided this yet. This is something I would like to discuss when we get a full staff together. I'd like to get to the point where we are granting 5 big wishes a month and several small wishes, but this will come with time and saving up. Again, the ultimate goal is to have member to member wishes being granted all month long as well.

•  Will members be allowed to submit wishlists?  

Members are allowed to submit wishes for Dream Pets and for Items and once the wishlist page is up they will also be able to submit member to member wishlists. Staff however will only be able to submit member to member wishlists as the Staff Granted Wishes is, well, granted by the staff itself :P I am going to note on the Topaz ranking spot that if you're simply joining the guild for the purposes of receiving items to stay at the rank Topaz; this is however not to say that a Diamond rank member cannot request a pet or item. I see the guild having to different members; receivers and helpers. The one joins simply to receive and the other joins not only to receive, but to give out items to people as well.

• I guess I'm asking if this guild is going to run like the Wishlist gifting here on TDN in any way?

In a way it will be once that wishlist page is up, but as you said there may not be as much reciprocation as this will be members giving to members all year long at random.

• I'm wondering if there needs to be some kind of accountability built into this.  So that people don't think it's a giant scam.  Like, the amount of money the shop takes in donation items needs to be reported monthly or something and then that gets linked to wishes granted with that money so that people can see where the money raised is going.

On the Guild Home page I am going to post how much the shop has raised each month and the TKP fund total. Each time an item is granted the TKP fund total will obviously go down. This helps us keep track of what we have to spend and helps others see that the fund total is always changing. I think for the purpose of keeping things simple I'll keep the funds in my Shop Till rather than taking them out and adding them to my Bank account and accidentally getting them confused with my own NP. Once we go to buy an item to grant a wish I will take the amount of NP we need and buy the item. I would like different staff members to send out items each month so it could go something like buy an item and send it to the staff member for them to pass to the wisher.

Maybe in the future we'll have several donation shops, but this is just a thought. Currently is just seems easier to have all the funds in one place.

• How will the donations shop work?

I think I answered this question in the last answer, if not let me know what you may still need to know.

• How will we avoid being taken advantage of?  (Or will we just people the benefit of the doubt?)

Ultimately we're giving people the benefit of the doubt, however we control the Dream Pet Adoptions and Items that we give out. We decide whether we deem a member requesting an item a scammer. Again as I said in another answer I don't want to grant the same persons wish two months in a row. I believe this will ward off scammers as it's not a quick process and it's not like we're handing out 100 BIG items month We do a small amount so that only the people that are willing to wait each month to receive their wish are the ones that request items. From my experience scammers/cheaters like quick and easy and I'm hoping this set up will ward them off.

• Will we be inviting specific people or just letting people join who are interested? 

We can invite anyone we want and anyone is welcome to join who is interested. It's a guild open to everyone pretty much.

• How soon do you plan to begin granting wishes?

I would like to start granting wishes as soon as we get a full staff.

• Did you already have stuff on your pet page?  As in, this guild has already taken over your shop.  Now it's taking over your pet page and I wondered if you're sacrificing stuff you already had on your pet page for this.

The only petpage that I have stuff on is the pet page for my Gold Acara, all the other pages were completely blank and I was looking for a way to utilize them!  :) As far as my shop, I wasn't really using it anyway. I make enough Neopoints through Food Club and gaming that I stopped using me shop much! Thanks for the concern though I appreciate it!

What a lovely idea. I'm not going to apply for a staff position, because I don't know that I'llbe able commit to regular activity but, I do have access to the Secret Lab Ray and would be happy to do some zapping for the guild!

What a lovely idea. I'm not going to apply for a staff position, because I don't know that I'llbe able commit to regular activity but, I do have access to the Secret Lab Ray and would be happy to do some zapping for the guild!

If you'd like to join as a regular member and do some zapping that would be great! We currently don't have a zap wishlist, but we wouldn't mind as many zappers as we can get! :) I may change the ranks around and such to have a member rank dedicated to zappers, but if you'd like to join anyone is welcome!

I would be happy to help.  I have access to the lab ray, my account is almost 9 years old, and I am online daily.  I am usually on in the mornings, again in afternoon/evening, and check back at night.  I have 38 trophies and 273 avatars.  I plan on sticking around.  I have over 800 posts on TDN forums as well. 

I think for big items, lends, and giveaways, two guild members should confer just to verify the person is legit.  For one, someone might know of the person whereas the other person didn't.  Second, some people are better at reading people than others.  Third, one person may think that everything seems legit except for one little thing that doesn't seem right.  To the second person, another little thing doesn't seem right that the first person didn't realize.  My point is, two people are more likely to catch "scammy" things than one person.  That's just my opinion.  But I would love to be an administrator/moderator in the guild.

Hello,

I joined your guild and am currently rank topaz. I am arctic_fox790. Although my account is 5 and a half years old, I have actually been playing neopets for pretty much my whole life. I am a college student so I may not be active in the guild every single day, but I can guarantee I will at least get online daily and be active in the guild weekly. I have access to the lab ray and I would be happy to help zap if needed. As I said, I pretty much always make time to get online and at least do my neopets dailies. I think this guild is awesome and I definitely have some neopoints to contribute. 

In response to nicolelouise: I was under the impression that side account shops could be used if it is strictly a guild shop. I may have been mistaken

In response to Musical_Shoyru: I am interested in being a zapper. 

Edited by twilight790

Hello,

I joined your guild and am currently rank topaz. I am arctic_fox790. Although my account is 5 and a half years old, I have actually been playing neopets for pretty much my whole life. I am a college student so I may not be active in the guild every single day, but I can guarantee I will at least get online daily and be active in the guild weekly. I have access to the lab ray and I would be happy to help zap if needed. As I said, I pretty much always make time to get online and at least do my neopets dailies. I think this guild is awesome and I definitely have some neopoints to contribute. I also have a side account with a shop not currently active, so I could use it for guild till if necessary.

Hey, Arctic, I have a question.  I don't understand how your side account's inactive shop would work as a guild till.  Because money only goes into the till through purchases, people would have to make purchases in your shop in order for the nps to go into the till.  That would put you in violation of the Neopets rule about side accounts not being able to generate income through things like shops.  Or am I missing something?   :weird:

I have lab access as well, and will gladly zap pets if needed. My account's a little more than 3 years old, but I lost the password to my old one and had to start over. I don't use my NPs, so if anyone wants me to get stuff, I can contribute. 

I'm not in the position to be a staff member for many reasons (account not that old, not much np, no lab access, social anxiety that makes me not able to handle interaction through IM, etc.) and I don't want join a guild, but I think this is a very cool idea! I bought some items from the donation shop and I bookmarked it so I can continue buying items when I have extra np. I figure even if I'm not part of the guild, I can still contribute to people getting their wishes granted =)

I'd definitely be willing to help with zapping! My pets are how I want them so I haven't used the lab ray in quite a while. Let me know if I can be of assistance. :)

Edit: Also, will you be adding items like the ALP donation shop does? ie several higher priced items  for those that want to donate more without having to buy multiple 1K items?

I would be happy to help.  I have access to the lab ray, my account is almost 9 years old, I have plenty of NPs which I won't disclose here, and I am online daily.  I am usually on in the mornings, again in afternoon/evening, and check back at night.  I have 38 trophies and 273 avatars.  I plan on sticking around.  I have over 800 posts on TDN forums as well. 

I think for big items, lends, and giveaways, two guild members should confer just to verify the person isn't a scammer.  For one, someone might know of the person whereas the other person didn't.  Second, some people are better at reading people than others.  Third, one person may think that everything seems legit except for one little thing that doesn't seem right.  To the second person, another little thing doesn't seem right that the first person didn't realize.  My point is, two people are more likely to catch "scammy" things than one person.  That's just my opinion.  But I would love to be an administrator/moderator in the guild.

You're exactly right Tracy! My plan when we get to something like Item lending that we talk over each lend as a team. So discuss with 5 people rather than just 2. The big items gifts work different as they're chosen at random, but again I want to chose everything at as a team and try to make decisions as a team as well. That's why it's so big to me to get a staff first and why I started searching here on TDN because I want people I can trust. I think I'd like you in the fourth position (moderator), does that work for you?

Oh this is such an awesome idea! I also have access to the Lab Ray and would love to be a potential zapper for this cause. :3

Thank for volunteering for that! What's I move around some ranks and create the "Zapper" rank I'll change your' guild rank!

Hello,

I joined your guild and am currently rank topaz. I am arctic_fox790. Although my account is 5 and a half years old, I have actually been playing neopets for pretty much my whole life. I am a college student so I may not be active in the guild every single day, but I can guarantee I will at least get online daily and be active in the guild weekly. I have access to the lab ray and I would be happy to help zap if needed. As I said, I pretty much always make time to get online and at least do my neopets dailies. I think this guild is awesome and I definitely have some neopoints to contribute. 

In response to nicolelouise: I was under the impression that side account shops could be used if it is strictly a guild shop. I may have been mistaken

That sounds great Twilight! Were you interested in a council position or just a basic Zapper position?

Also happy to be a zapper, once my pet dutifully changes into a chia (he's taking his sweet time). I think this is a very nice idea :)

Thank you Ranga! We're happy to take you up on that offer!

I have lab access as well, and will gladly zap pets if needed. My account's a little more than 3 years old, but I lost the password to my old one and had to start over. I don't use my NPs, so if anyone wants me to get stuff, I can contribute. 

Were you interested in a Council Position or just a Zapper rank? We'd love to have you in the guild either way!

I'd definitely be willing to help with zapping! My pets are how I want them so I haven't used the lab ray in quite a while. Let me know if I can be of assistance. :)

Edit: Also, will you be adding items like the ALP donation shop does? ie several higher priced items  for those that want to donate more without having to buy multiple 1K items?

I will be adding more higher priced items yes :) I just revamped my shop into this shop the other day and I haven't had a chance to work much on it. I'm hoping with my next set of days off (Saturday evening to Wednesday Evening) that I'll be able to start working on a lot of things! :) We'd be happy to have you as a zapper!

You're exactly right Tracy! My plan when we get to something like Item lending that we talk over each lend as a team. So discuss with 5 people rather than just 2. The big items gifts work different as they're chosen at random, but again I want to chose everything at as a team and try to make decisions as a team as well. That's why it's so big to me to get a staff first and why I started searching here on TDN because I want people I can trust. I think I'd like you in the fourth position (moderator), does that work for you?

Thank for volunteering for that! What's I move around some ranks and create the "Zapper" rank I'll change your' guild rank!

That sounds great Twilight! Were you interested in a council position or just a basic Zapper position?

Thank you Ranga! We're happy to take you up on that offer!

Were you interested in a Council Position or just a Zapper rank? We'd love to have you in the guild either way!

I will be adding more higher priced items yes :) I just revamped my shop into this shop the other day and I haven't had a chance to work much on it. I'm hoping with my next set of days off (Saturday evening to Wednesday Evening) that I'll be able to start working on a lot of things! :) We'd be happy to have you as a zapper!

I would be happy to accept that offer as position #4, Moderator.  I am going to join on my side account rn_tracy2_rn because I'm already in a guild on my main and I like it.  I will offer my pet/petpet chain for the lending too.

Edit:  Ok, I joined.

This is a great idea! 

I can't join the guild either (account too young, already active in a guild), but I'm hoping I can check the wishlist every so often and give away a dream pet I own or have zapped/donate some NP! 

Hello,

In response to Musical_Shoyru: I am interested in being a zapper. 

Wow.  Really?  I was not aware of that.  See, I said I might be missing something! :P

This is a really terrific idea. I have a question: if I am ineligible to be a staff member does that mean I am also ineligible to join in general (I don't have access to the Lab Ray and don't plan to get it)? Also, if you are accepting 'regular members' what kind of thing do you envision as part of their role? I'm not sure how to help but am willing!

This is a really terrific idea. I have a question: if I am ineligible to be a staff member does that mean I am also ineligible to join in general (I don't have access to the Lab Ray and don't plan to get it)? Also, if you are accepting 'regular members' what kind of thing do you envision as part of their role? I'm not sure how to help but am willing!

You are definitely alright to be a member! Our wish granting will be based off of member submitted requests so we need members to start granting wishes :)

However in the future I do plan on putting a page up for a wishlists so that members may do member-to-member gifting. This is not done yet and in the works, but that is something to look forward to and something you can do. That will be how people rank up is by sending gifts to others. :)

My account is just a little too young to become a staff member, but I'd love to become a zapper. I have access to the lab ray and I've only ever really used it as a hobby, zapping a pound pet until I get a good zap then adopting them out on Pound Chat. UN on Neo is same as here!

My account is just a little too young to become a staff member, but I'd love to become a zapper. I have access to the lab ray and I've only ever really used it as a hobby, zapping a pound pet until I get a good zap then adopting them out on Pound Chat. UN on Neo is same as here!

Thanks so much cottontalicat! I will change your rank right away! :)

So...we're still looking for one Council member.  Just one!  Anyone up for the position of event planner?  To refresh your memory, here's what the role entails:

Position V; Event Planner;  This person will be in charge of creating a new poll each week and updating our calendar as events get planned and items/Dream Pet wishes get granted.

Does this sound like you?  Do you like to organise and plan events?  Do you like to get the voice of the people heard and take the pulse of the community?  Do you like to be creative and give your little grey cells a workout?  Then put your hand up for this role as our Event planner.  We need YOU to help make this guild a success!