What games scared you as a kid?

firaplays

In direct contrast to the cheery neopets site, what games terrified you when you were a kid? For me, the scariest kid's game I ever played was Pink Panther: Passport to Peril. That thing scared me so much that I had nightmares and had to give it away XD

There was another game called Disney's Math Quest with Aladdin which is by far the creepiest kid's game I've ever seen. That game STILL scares me, and I'm out of college now.

So what were some of your scary "favorites"?

When I was about two and a half, my parents let me play my great-grandfather's computer game to help me learn to use the computer. It was a storybook-style "game" about Aztec history (this was the 90s, that weird 90s educational game style). Anyway, one day (after I'd had the game for months) they actually watched me play it, and I came across a scene showing a human sacrifice. They freaked and took the game away, and went out that night to buy me a Winnie the Pooh game.

I don't remember it, but I find it scary NOW that my parents just allowed their 2-year-old to play the murder game.   :laughingsmiley:

When I was younger, I played those awful creepypasta My Little Pony games -_- the jumpscares scared me into sleeping with a nightlight for a week. But now, I love scary games and actively seek them out :D

• 1 month later...
On 12/16/2016 at 7:42 PM, firaplays said:

There was another game called Disney's Math Quest with Aladdin which is by far the creepiest kid's game I've ever seen. That game STILL scares me, and I'm out of college now.

Oh my goodness! I PLAYED THAT GAME. That lady genie was terrifying. My sister and I would play it and hide our eyes during her parts...haha, I need to go find it, and see if I can get it to run on my laptop.

I don't remember which game it was, but there was a Jumpstart game I played when I was little. The details are foggy, but for part of it, you went to Russia. There were these bobbing dancers (they looked like armless blobs) and I had nightmares about that. Looking back, it's pretty silly, but at the time it scared me. :P

On 12/16/2016 at 8:20 PM, mouch30 said:

When I was younger, I played those awful creepypasta My Little Pony games -_- the jumpscares scared me into sleeping with a nightlight for a week. But now, I love scary games and actively seek them out :D

H-how? I played one of them because curiosity and science with my sister in high school. I don't remember much, just that it abruptly closed and then, after a few seconds, a disturbing image of a pony jumpscared us at the end. O_o Funny story, my sister and I slept with the nightlight on for ages. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man. This wasn't so much of a game as it was like a diversion with a DVD, but I remember I had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles DVD (The movie where they were like puppets? I'm not sure if it had another name.) One of the bonus features was a maze to navigate to get to the Turtles' main base to eat pizza, but had to avoid Shredder and his minions. Those red eyes creeped the heck out of me, and when you got caught, it made a noise that frightened me so bad. If I played that game, I HAD to have the TV muted, it freaked me out that bad.

Another game scared me, not so much as a whole, but one event towards the end. Spy Fox in Dry Cereal or something like that. Towards the end, the room where all the cows were in was being flooded by milk, and I was so, so scared of dooming the world by not saving them in time that I shut the game off and never turned it back on, thinking as long as the game didn't run, the cows would be alive.

Funny now, how that scared me and now I'm a fan of horror stuff in general.

I love horror games now but the one that actually scared me way back when looks kinda silly now. There was this computer game called King's Field, it was one of those games where all you see of yourself is your hands but only when you were fighting, every sound had that echo effect and the monsters were visible but the way they attacked you was kinda spooky, you could try to sneak around them but then BOOM they're all over you just when you think you're safe! Or they come at you just out of your visual range and the screen would flash red from being hit, you turn to see what's happening and boom! Monster in your face! The skeletons were the ones I hated most, and the music was all grim and ominous. I hated the scream when you died and you died in that game A LOT. Oh and fire...there was lava all over the place in some areas and there was this mine cart thing you had to ride to get to this one part with skeletons shooting at you with arrows. Ugh!

I didn't have any games that scared the stuffing out of me as a kid. The closest I can come is the X-Files PC game from the 90's. Some of those levels were hard to finish. The woods on...Level 14? Darn near impossible! Does anyone else remember that game?

There was this game called Haunting Ground that scared the crap out of me. I remember that you're this girl and you wake up in a creepy mansion and you have to get away from some people who want to hurt you and you don't really have a lot of options to fight back. I don't remember much of the plot beyond that because I was terrible at it (see: dumb little kid), you do have a really cool dog though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 1:12 AM, Panthersclaw said:

I was scared of the Resident Evil games

and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time because of this thing>>200px-OOT_DeadHand.png

I don't think we owned any Resident Evil games, but I remember being so freaked out from LoZ: Ocarina of Time.  All those monsters were so scary at the time, especially the hand ones :axehead:  I also remember being creeped out by the moon in LoZ: Majora's Mask.  *shivers*  That thing still gives me nightmares.

• 3 weeks later...

Fiction has never scared me.

The closest I got to afraid of a game was the Operation buzzing. It startled me so my parents had to disable it. 

On 4/9/2017 at 9:35 PM, Edwynn said:

Another game scared me, not so much as a whole, but one event towards the end. Spy Fox in Dry Cereal or something like that. Towards the end, the room where all the cows were in was being flooded by milk, and I was so, so scared of dooming the world by not saving them in time that I shut the game off and never turned it back on, thinking as long as the game didn't run, the cows would be alive.

Omg, it was exactly the opposite for me XD That one was one of my favorites! The cows were fine, by the way. Even if you missed the optional part at the end where you catch the bad guy, everything turns out ok.