Neopets Username

My friend wanted to join TDN, and we both have this question: Since we share an account, is it alright if they put down prismage as their Neopets account too?

It is against the rules on Neopets to share accounts between multiple people. So you and your friend are in clear violation of the rules. I highly suggest you stop this and each have your own separate account. Sharing an account can get you frozen for cheating and you will not be able to get your account back and will lose everything on it. Please follow the rules so everyone has a fair chance at the game.

Basically what Dawn said. Because we are considered an official fan site on Neopets, we do not want to encourage any activities that violate Neopets' policies so please do not list that as the Neopets account for both TDN accounts. I would definitely recommend that one of you create your own account or that both of you create new accounts and start fresh.

Sharing is often a good thing among friends and family. It's nice that you and your friend are close enough to trust each other like this. However, it is against the rules (as the experts just said). One reason is that it makes it harder for Neopets to know whether a stranger has wrongly accessed your account.  But besides security, there are many advantages to friends having different accounts. This way, you can learn from each other, such as if one of you goes online first and sees something you like (or dislike), then you or they can tell the other, "hey, don't forget the new game or contest" or whatever. You can give gifts to each other, send Neomail, sell each other things in closed auctions, and so forth. So there are ways you can share that are within the rules and make it more fun for you both. No matter how much you have in common, you may want to have different pets, petpets, clothes, houses, furniture, etc. So now you can enjoy seeing each others choices and compare and experience more variety. Plus, you will be twice as rich. :) This way there won't be a question later on about who the account really belongs to, so it won't come between you.

Yeah as everyone is stating it's against the rules, don't feel bad though! There's so many rules it's hard to know what is considered 'wrong' on Neopets. I think it is kind of sad in a way because I know many children ages 13 and under that would love to have an account, but some parents don't feel comfortable having them on a site where they can interact with other people, therefore they'd share an account with their child if they could. I totally understand the reason for most of TNT's rules, but some of them kind of suck. However they are put in place to protect us, they're doing the best they can! Good luck with you're new account(s)

Yeah as everyone is stating it's against the rules, don't feel bad though! There's so many rules it's hard to know what is considered 'wrong' on Neopets. I think it is kind of sad in a way because I know many children ages 13 and under that would love to have an account, but some parents don't feel comfortable having them on a site where they can interact with other people, therefore they'd share an account with their child if they could. I totally understand the reason for most of TNT's rules, but some of them kind of suck. However they are put in place to protect us, they're doing the best they can! Good luck with you're new account(s)

Yeah, if you think something might be wrong, the best thing to do is not do it, and then ASK who's been around awhile. Or since you're on TDNF now, you can ask here, like you did when you started this thread.

I'm glad you said you're gonna stop sharing an account. Multiple people building 1 account might build it fast, but it's against the rules and really, that's probably because it would give the people involved an unfair advantage in building their account.

Lakecat really had a good list of things you COULD do with you and your friend having your own accounts. :) Things to look forward to trying and doing. And of course, as you explore the site, you might find different things to pursue. One of you might want to collect stamps, the other might want to collect coins, or something neat. With each of you having your own accounts, you can differ and still interact. And when events happen where two players need to team up for an event. Such as 2 people temporarily partnering for a games challenge. You'll always have someone who can join you. Or you both with your individual accounts, could fight on the same team in a war, or join the same team for a plot/event, like the Altador Cup next June. You could join the same team! Each doing your part to try to help your team take home the Altador Cup Trophy. If you develop a taste for Battling, you could even battle each other to understand the battledome more, especially if you wanted to get into battling other players in the dome. It'd be good practice.

I hate seeing people get frozen, at least when they don't realize they're breaking a rule. It's good you guys understand now. I hope you have a lot of fun! :D

@musical_shoyru I've seen some stuff on neoboards in years passed that were definitely not 13 and under friendly! You get jerks spouting nothing but DUNG and some of it can be pretty graphic. Of course the mods, if they're on, usually take that stuff down pretty quickly. I'm not a parent, but I can understand some not trusting a lot of online stuff, even a 99% friendly site like Neopets. My niece is almost 14, I doubt her mom would let her join a site either way. I guess she mostly youtubes at home. But I'm sure there are filters and stuff installed. She doesn't even have her own e-mail. LOL Yet! XD

My main issue with Neo-rules are the filters that don't tell you why some times a NM won't get through. I've literally spent HOURS dissecting and reconstituting NMs trying to figure out WHY it won't go through. I wish they'd give more of a hint as far as what the issue is. Sooooooooooooo annoying! lol

Many have weighed in on this issue and I'm glad you stopped and are now using separate accounts. It's understandable how some rules are not known as TNT doesn't really have a clear statement of all the rules. It is something they are working on though. Before this topic gets out of hand, I'm going to lock it. I wish you and your friend all the best on Neo!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Mouseykins if you have any questions regarding this action.