Are you allowed a bank account in side accounts?

nicolelouise

Hi guys,

I was in one of my side accounts just before and my daughter asked my how many np that account had and I reflected on the fact that what was out was ALL of my np because I don't have a bank account, which made me wonder...is earning interest on a bank account considered 'earning neopoints' and as such a no-no for side accounts?

I've always figured it was so I've never done it, but I wondered what you guys all thought?  I mean, I'm aware that I could put the points into the bank and NOT claim the interest, but if I was to claim it I have so few np in those accounts that the interest would be negligible and I find it hard to see why TNT would care.  The only reason to use the bank would be to protect my funds from RE where I could lose money, and I've just never bothered.

So.  What do we all think?

You can only collect interest on one account, much like you can only have stocks on one account. 

Link to an editorial which explains in details : http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=522422&week=506

Hope this helps.

You can have a bank account on your side account with a PIN on it to keep your money safe as long as you don't collect interest on it. :)

I kind of thought that on our sides, we shouldn't do anything that might seem like a "daily" thing but we can train our Neopets and Battle Dome. So I avoided collecting Interest on the np I threw in the bank to keep for paying their monthly NeoLodge bills. LOL  :laughingsmiley:

Basically, the rule is you can not make ANY income on side accounts. You can get free goodie bags, or if a site wide event happens where an item is forced, you can keep that. Just no interest, dailies, or anything. You can however transfer stuff from your main to side to for example: pay for neolodge bills. Even codestone training I do not think is allowed when it comes to that, as it provides an ingame benefit.

Basically, the rule is you can not make ANY income on side accounts. You can get free goodie bags, or if a site wide event happens where an item is forced, you can keep that. Just no interest, dailies, or anything. You can however transfer stuff from your main to side to for example: pay for neolodge bills. Even codestone training I do not think is allowed when it comes to that, as it provides an ingame benefit.

You are allowed to train your pets on any account as well as use the healing springs :)

As stated, it is okay to have a bank account, just don't collect the interest. Yeah, I am paranoid about accidentally clicking the collect interest button, so I don't have a bank account on my sides. It has not been a problem to leave my money out.

As also stated, you can train your pets, however you can't battle them because you could get np. It would only be to train them for fun, so to speak.

Generally, I think a good rule if in doubt about whether it's okay do something on Neopets, it's probably better to not do it.

Edit: okay, sorry, I'm confused about 2 things.

1, That guide says since you can't earn np on a side, you have to transfer np from your main to your side (for example, to pay for the Neolodge). Then it says you can't use the trading post. How are you supposed to transfer np to your side if you can't use the trading post?! Hmm, I suppose they mean you can only use the trading post to transfer between your own accounts and not to trade with other people, but it's cofusing to me.

2, it says you can use the battledome, but you absolutely get np if you win, which most people want to do, I would think, so how is it okay to use the battledome when you could gain np? Oh, was this before the new battledome? I battled a few times, but I don't remember if you could win anything. If not then it makes sense they say that, just old information.

I guess I answered my own questions.

As stated, it is okay to have a bank account, just don't collect the interest. Yeah, I am paranoid about accidentally clicking the collect interest button, so I don't have a bank account on my sides. It has not been a problem to leave my money out.

As also stated, you can train your pets, however you can't battle them because you could get np. It would only be to train them for fun, so to speak.

Generally, I think a good rule if in doubt about whether it's okay do something on Neopets, it's probably better to not do it.

Edit: okay, sorry, I'm confused about 2 things.

1, That guide says since you can't earn np on a side, you have to transfer np from your main to your side (for example, to pay for the Neolodge). Then it says you can't use the trading post. How are you supposed to transfer np to your side if you can't use the trading post?! Hmm, I suppose they mean you can only use the trading post to transfer between your own accounts and not to trade with other people, but it's cofusing to me.

2, it says you can use the battledome, but you absolutely get np if you win, which most people want to do, I would think, so how is it okay to use the battledome when you could gain np? Oh, was this before the new battledome? I battled a few times, but I don't remember if you could win anything. If not then it makes sense they say that, just old information.

I guess I answered my own questions.

Yeah, I wondered about the TP question for a while and then just decided that there didn't seem to be any other plausible way to get np across to my sides, so I was just going to run with it. 

The general rule of thumb is anything you buy for your account(s) must come from your main account. Whether you initially transferred the Neopoints from your main to your side and want to bid on a lot in the trading post, you should do so from your main and then just send the items over to yourself using the Give to Neofriend or a trade lot for yourself if it's a bunch. So you can use the Trading post to transfer items and Neopoints between your accounts. I hope this helps! :)