Got my account back, but some damage's been done

enitul

So I got my account back today after about 2 months. Thank you SO much Alice! I never thought I'd see my dear neopets ever again...

...But then I looked at the damage that's been done... Most of my NC, and those were a lot including some very special ones you could only get from special events, were gone and somehow I have a lot of Ghostly Gift Boxes now... Does that mean anything? It also seems like the hacker spend some of the NC I had... I'm not sure if Grarrls can eat NC items if they're hungry or that the hacker took them, but it stinks that they're gone. Then I checked my gallery... everything, gone... From al the codestones I collected (for later use) 'till the big collection of petpets I had. Which, again, included rare or special ones. So that's a REALLY big bummer since I really liked those lil things... My poor Gobbler... Then I checked my SDB, and most of my stuff seemed to be there. Since I have a lot of stuff in there as well I couldn't check everything so quickly. So I only checked for my paintbrushes, which, of course, were gone. Then I checked my bank... and suprisingly it seemed untouched. Just like my Neopets and their Petpets, which I'm really glad for.

So overall... the biggest damage that's done are the vanished petpets and NC items. Other than that, I guess it could have been worse. I'm just really happy that my pets are (I hope completely) untouched. I hope the damage for all of you still hacked accounts out there will be not so much once you get them back. And now I'm off to feed all my hungry pets and trying to get everything back on the rails again.

I still can't believe people can be so mean as so steal another one's work... might there be a way to get some items back?

UPDATE: All of my items appeared to have been put into my SDB, so nothing seems to be stolen. So you kind, awesome people don't need to send my petpets anymore. :D I hope you will have an awesome day.

For the items that you're missing you'll need to submit a separate ticket to TNT regarding the stolen items. Normally with NC related tickets they respond rather quickly, so hopefully you can get an answer without too much of a wait time.

Awww, I'm sorry.  I lost my main for a month right after the AC, and some of the items I listed as missing from the ticket were returned.  The account was frozen after I reported the hack, which I understand, but was frustrating.  Alice replaced my 12M np in the bank, compensated for the loss of my 200 red codestones, and replaced my paint brushes and a stamp. I don't know about NC items, so I hope that works out.

The same happen to me.  Got the account back and my gallery was empty but I think everything was in my sdb.  The petpets were gone but also in my sdb  but reverted back before I zapped them and I lost my petpetpet.  My store was listed as closed too.  So I think it might be something they do to frozen accounts.  I was just happy to get back in. 

I'm glad you were able to get your account back, but I'm sorry to hear about your items. I hope you will be able to get at least some of them back.

I don't understand why people do that either, it's messed up!

I have a side that was hacked and my gallery items stolen. I didn't have anything expensive, a couple of the cheaper Scorchstones at the most. The account is still open, but the hacker seems to have left and my pets are still there. However, being that the password was changed, I can't access the account. I sent a ticket months ago and still no response, despite updates, so hopefully one day.

i dont know about NC but about 60 NP UB's were stolen from my galleries (i lost 3 accounts) and Alice W restored them all .. 

hopefully she'll give you back your items too (she can know what was transferred from your account)

i dont know about NC but about 60 NP UB's were stolen from my galleries (i lost 3 accounts) and Alice W restored them all .. 

hopefully she'll give you back your items too (she can know what was transferred from your account)

That reminds me, the hacker that got me did some of it by selling all my red codestones for a tiny amount (like 5,000 apiece) as I discovered when I checked my sale history, so that might be a way to find out what was taken.  He/she must have then used my NP to buy ridiculously high priced faerie bottles, since those were in my inventory.

That reminds me, the hacker that got me did some of it by selling all my red codestones for a tiny amount (like 5,000 apiece) as I discovered when I checked my sale history, so that might be a way to find out what was taken.  He/she must have then used my NP to buy ridiculously high priced faerie bottles, since those were in my inventory.

wow they took their time there buying and selling ...

my accounts were all disabled ...

I have a question for you guys.  Did you all regularly change/update your passwords and PIN protect  your account items (SDB, Gallery, neohome, stocks, etc.)?

I have a question for you guys.  Did you all regularly change/update your passwords and PIN protect  your account items (SDB, Gallery, neohome, stocks, etc.)?

i only regularly changed my main password .. not my sides .. i think there was a security breach and accounts that didnt change passwords in the last 2 yrs were compromised .. 

i change them all on a montly basis now

The same happen to me.  Got the account back and my gallery was empty but I think everything was in my sdb.  The petpets were gone but also in my sdb  but reverted back before I zapped them and I lost my petpetpet.  My store was listed as closed too.  So I think it might be something they do to frozen accounts.  I was just happy to get back in. 

...Breezescout, thank you SO much that you said this. After I read your response, I went and checked my SDB immediately, and they were there! My NC items, petpets, paintbrushes and my codestones were all there! I don't know why, but they.were.there!! I can't believe it!! My shop was also listed as closed just like yours, so maybe we were hacked by the same person? XD And all those ghost mystery capsules that were suddenly in my inventory... Maybe there were available during Halloween (when my account got hacked) and the hacker bought them with the NC I had left on my account! That could explain it... but why would he/she do that I wonder...

I really don't get it, but I feel SO relieved right now that all of my items are safe and sound after all... But why hack an account just to place all of their stuff in their SDB?...

But even if nothing appears to be gone, I want to thank you all SO much for all of your support. You're the very best, like no one ever was! :D

...Breezescout, thank you SO much that you said this. After I read your response, I went and checked my SDB immediately, and they were there! My NC items, petpets, paintbrushes and my codestones were all there! I don't know why, but they.were.there!! I can't believe it!! My shop was also listed as closed just like yours, so maybe we were hacked by the same person? XD And all those ghost mystery capsules that were suddenly in my inventory... Maybe there were available during Halloween (when my account got hacked) and the hacker bought them with the NC I had left on my account! That could explain it... but why would he/she do that I wonder...

I really don't get it, but I feel SO relieved right now that all of my items are safe and sound after all... But why hack an account just to place all of their stuff in their SDB?...

But even if nothing appears to be gone, I want to thank you all SO much for all of your support. You're the very best, like no one ever was! :D

i thought you already checked your SDB !!! good that your items are still there .. i guess they only steal UB's

and apparently they're a small group of hackers who all do the same thing to accounts ..