How exactly does pet transferring work?

firaplays

Could someone explain exactly how many times I can transfer a pet per month? Like, I get that you only start with one transfer once you reach four months on your account, but does that mean you can only give OR receive a pet or can you give someone a pet and then also receive one? I'm eager to get started on some pet chains, but I have to find a foster for one of my current pets first, so I'm trying to figure everything out. Sorry, this is probably all fairly straightforward, I'm just having a little trouble wrapping my head around it^^' 

You can use our handy account perks tool to determine how many transfers you get per month. When it says 1 transfer etc. that means you get one transfer in AND one transfer out. So you'd be able to participate in pet lending chains. It's also helpful to know that our ALP pet chains do not run every month because if there is not enough people in the chain they don't run. We have a minimum of 5 but will run with as little as 3 most of the time, so you may need to wait a bit.

I never even thought about fostering or having pets fostered.  When I've wanted space I've either created a new side (and I've run out of those available to me!) or I've ended up pounding someone (and we all hate doing that!)  I'll have to consider this some more.