Making sure I know how side accounts work

firaplays

I'm having trouble finding a foster for Reukky, so I was thinking of setting up a side account and just logging in every month or so to put whatever pet I create on there in the Neolodge (I'm not leaving another pet to languish on a forgotten account!) As far as I understand it, you're allowed to send money to a side account as long as you don't do anything on that side account to actually earn money. Is this correct? Also, what's the safest way to get the neolodge money from my main to my side?

You are correct. You can have up to 4 side accounts to host pets on.

You cannot do dailies, open a shop, or anything else that rewards NP there, but you can claim any NC freebies that pop up in the NC mall.

I would suggest creating your side ASAP though. Accounts less than a week old cannot receive any pet transfers and accounts less than 4 months old can't receive any pets that are painted colors other than: blue, brown, checkered, glowing, green, invisible, orange, pink, purple, red, shadow, silver, skunk, speckled, split, white and yellow.

They also can't receive pets level 3 or higher or any LE pets.

I find the best way to transfer NP to be through the trading post since you can't have a shop. Send a junk item or two to your side then put those up for trade and offer on them!

Hope this helps!

I second Brianna's sentiments.  It took me FOREVER to create my side account.  I finally went ahead and did it but i wish I had done it much sooner.  It is finally just about 14 mos old now, and it goes by quickly, but it still only has 1 transfer per month.  Do it now and you will surprised how fast the time goes by.  You can get the free NC and NC items that are offered.  You can transfer NPs to your side acct like Brianna said, via trade.  That is how I do it.  You can transfer items for SDB or gallery as well.  Good luck, and do it soon.

Are you allowed to have a side account for zapping pets? I was thinking of eventually getting the map, but I love all my pets.

Yes you can zap pets on your side accounts. :)

Gah, my Nimmo is too high a level to be transferred before the 4 month mark T_T By one level, too >: ( I may as well keep looking for a foster with how long it would take me to set up and keep a side account just to transfer one pet once so I can do the pet chains.

Maybe I'll just start zapping my Nimmo until he goes down a couple of levels. I can always create a new one on the side account if he changes species.

Yeah, but that requires me staying up until 3 in the morning. I'm in a bad time zone for a lot of np stuff.

I zapped my Nimmo and he started crying I don't know if I can do this T_T

You could create a side and look for a foster account while waiting for the account to age. If you find a foster you can transfer the pet and then decide whether you want to keep or abandon the account. If you don't find a foster, you have the side already set up. This can be done without having to zap your pet, of course, it is just going to take a bit of time, but I find if keeping busy with other things, the time passes by before I even realize. Either way, you'll get there =)

Best to you and take care!

Update: in the process of trying to get my Nimmo down to level 1, he turned into a Lenny. And now he's Maractite. I can't very well keep zapping him now, can I?! XD I guess I'd better just go ahead and start the 4 month clock on that side account.