What burrito?

MariaWB

The news today mentions a burrito they're retiring because there aren't enough fans of rock and roll. What the heck does that mean??? I don't think I've ever been this confused about something on Neopets before as I am by this!

An item came out a couple of days ago called "Burrito in the wall". I didn't realise any special political link, but I think it's thought that some people think it's a dig at the new president of the USA. The song "Another Brick in the Wall" (great song!) is a Pink Floyd song. As to what the song is about, well... it's sort of anti-establishment in a sense and coincides with a turbulent period of English history (politically), so I think that people think this new item is a subtle way of TNT comparing these themes to Trump. Evidently some people weren't happy with this, so TNT have removed the item.

Thanks for explaining it for me, ranga_muffin, I didn't have a clue but now...I do!  :laughingsmiley:

Well if other things were bothering ppl in the rl, maybe they want Neopets to be politics-free? I am happy to escape politics here, bc it is too scary in TX right now.  :sad01_anim:

Personally, I would not have minded a jab, but I don't think it was intentional. I mean it's pretty obvious to me they were referencing the song/album. However, I get where people may have misinterpreted the meaning of the item.

Oh man, Pink Floyd's The Wall, the album is awesome and the movie based on the album as well!

I think this item is definitely a dig at Trump and I commend TNT for creating it, but I also commend them for removing it.

They've voiced their opinion in a suitably cryptic way to avoid it being too obvious, and I'm proud of them for doing that; but it's only sensible to then retire the item as Neo just isn't the place for political stuff.

Yeah, I'm also glad they took it down. It makes me feel better to know that my views are supported by TNT (if it was on purpose, anyway), but not everyone feels like me, and games are supposed to be a pure form of escapism. I think neopets is better off completely politics free.

Trump isn't a burrito, tho, he's a cheeto.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.