About that burrito

acmerasta

I was reading a question about the Burrito in the wall yesterday and noticed that a kadotie is requesting it.  I wanted to ask on that thread but it has been locked so I hope this is ok.  What happens now that the burrito has been retired and is no longer available? It was already listed at a high rarity so I don't think many people were able to buy it before it was so quickly retired....Will that kadotie ever get fed?

Satipo
is very sad.

white_sad.gif

You should give it
Burrito in the Wall Sarah
is very sad.

white_sad.gif

You should give it
Mega Manoroot Sandwich Givemecookies
is very sad.

green_sad.gif

You should give it
Happy Anniversary Negg
has been fed!

white_happy.gif

Thanks, lukky293_mom293!

Aw, poor kad just wants a burrito :( I actually have to wonder if that isn't on purpose because TNT is salty XD Probably not, though.

Edit: I take it back. I'm pretty sure that is on purpose. The button you press on Trudy's Surprise to accept your np is now in Spanish.

Aw, poor kad just wants a burrito :( I actually have to wonder if that isn't on purpose because TNT is salty XD Probably not, though.

Edit: I take it back. I'm pretty sure that is on purpose. The button you press on Trudy's Surprise to accept your np is now in Spanish.

Is it bad that I giggled? Yayyy TNT!! But you know, I have to applaud the TNT for taking a stand on a very serious real world issue... Sometimes we forget these guys are people too and have thoughts and opinions and feelings about things that affect them and their families offline... these pixels we play with and are attached to are great but sometimes you have to remember, escape isn't always the answer or possible. These twilight days remind me of that poem... "First they came for the... "

Truth, justice and liberty.... democracy... will not go quietly into the night once there are those of us prepared to resist. 

That said, I'm happy they won't leave the poor hungry kadotie craving a burrito forever. :)

I'm pretty sure the regular kadders won't be sitting quietly by while the kadoatery slowly fills with kads wanting a non-existent item, lol!

It felt enough like we were being trolled by the kads during container-of-purple-liquidgate at the end of last year...

I so want to say that surely not even kads are big enough brats to ask for items that don't actually exist, but the proof is right there in my face :laughingsmiley:  :rolleyes_anim: 

Hopefully TNT remove it from the kad food list; once one of them has facepalm moment when realising that the burrito's still managing to cause problems, even after it's been removed!

Did they remove the item entirely or just retire it? It occurred to me that this could be a way of them getting some of the offending burritos out of the game by having people feed them to kads.

I think the item has been removed and they simply haven't gotten around to removing the name of the item from the Kad list.

Trudy's Surprise was in Portuguese for me, not Spanish. Even if it had been in Spanish, I really think that would be a coincidence as it is not only very random, but I don't think TNT would want to do something to cause anymore of an issue.

In any case, the burrito was not actually a political statement. For anyone who hasn't read the news about it, here is what TNT had to say:

"Woops - there must not be as many classic rock fans around these days as we might have thought! After some grumbling, we’ve decided to remove that much-talked-about burrito from the Fresh Foods Shop rather than trying to cover it up with what our friends’ across the pond might see as just… ‘Another Brick in the Wall.’

But don’t let these daft musical references detract from the fact that TNT will continue to keep Neopia a politics-free zone and that we would never use site content to knowingly target any particular group or individual. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused!"

Burrito in the Wall was a reference to the song "Another Brick in the Wall" from the Pink Floyd album, The Wall. Apparently TNT did not expect that some people would misinterpret things.

it never occured to me its about politics actually - i did think its about the Pink Floyd song ...

but now youve mentioned it i can see how it can be misinterpreted (or maybe they're lying and maybe politics is what they intended all along) 

(or maybe they're lying and maybe politics is what they intended all along) 

I think it was a handy combo of the two. They saw an opportunity to covertly voice their opinion and took it, knowing that they could cover themselves by saying it was solely a Pink Floyd reference and in no way political, that was just us silly Neopians totally misinterpreting things...

Pull the other one TNT, it's got bells on it.  :laughingsmiley:

It's really interesting to see how different people have interpreted it though :yes: I am totally willing to accept that I might have got it all wrong and TNT are completely innocent of any kind of subterfuge. *cough cough* Oh excuse me, bit of a tickle there! I guess I'm just a lot more cynical than some, but then I've have 45 years to hone my skills in that area!

I'm keeping an eye on poor ol' Satipo though, they're gonna be hungry for a LONG time, I fear! See I'm wondering if it might be one of those computer issues where; when a process has already started, and then something needed to complete the process is altered/removed, that process is then stuck in limbo as it's unable to complete. We might not get any more kads asking for a burrito, ever, but there may be no (easy) means of getting rid of Satipo's request for one...we shall see!

But considering how long it took for Trudy's perpetually terrifyingly bad luck bonus message to be fixed, and that's a very high profile feature, I can't see a fault in a niche area like the kadoatery being anywhere but on the bottom of someone's to-do list.

Well, it looks like the mystery has been "solved", in both cases. For Satipo:

Satipo
has been fed!

white_happy.gif

Thanks, xbobmarleyy!

And from today's Neopian Times Editorial (Neopian Times, Issue: 766, 27th day of Sleeping, Y19):

ref: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=766

"Is that new item referencing a popular web series where someone eats a burrito he found in a wall? Because that's what I thought of immediately when I saw it, but it seems like most people on the boards see it as a real-world political statement.(Oddly, some see it as a statement of solidarity in the face of adversity, and others see it as insulting to those affected by the situation. Kinda makes me think we're all just projecting our concerns onto this poor burrito.) ~ username removed
Some projecting has indeed gone on here, and with you too I'm afraid (although what a crazy coincidence, because really how often is burritos in walls a thing?). It was actually a reference to an old song... What can ya do?"

And to quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

I read the news article as well.... and I'm not perturbed either way... As someone pointed out, people may be projecting their own interpretation on the poor old burrito in the wall, current events being what they are. Ah well. For me, these are interesting times and I'm a fan of Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, etc so subterfuge, snark, double entendre, etc. intrigue me. Viva la resistance!  :)

The Kad has been fed, the burrito has been retired and the few that may still be floating around may end up in someone's gallery or lost forever in their horde SDB  :shiftyeyes_anim:  And so after two and a half days, the burrito in the wall passed out of all knowledge... :medieval: 

I totally love the projecting our concerns onto a burrito thing, that's awesome. :laughingsmiley:

Maybe people will start a cult following and the poor burrito will start being expected to perform miracles and answer people's prayers, when all it ever aspired towards was to be someone's breakfast...

And so after two and a half days, the burrito in the wall passed out of all knowledge... :medieval:

acmerasta - the burrito will live forever in our memories! <3