To save or to spend?

firaplays

Now that I'm really close to affording a Grey pb for my dream Draik, the temptation is setting in. I was trying to save up for the really expensive avatars, but that paint brush is calling me!

Someone tell me I should save my money XD

I'm in the same boat! Lol. Right now I want to finish my books, neohome, and gallery, but I want avatars too. I've gotten a couple from the ALP (which is the greatest btw!), and I'm saving for a few more, but it's sooooo hard! I wish you lots of luck deciding!

Personally, I'm a saver. I would recommend saving up enough so that when you buy your pb your funds aren't wiped out completely. When I have the urge to go on a spending spree I make myself only use what's in my shop till what I get from dailies or play games to have NPs to spend. That way I get to spend but also don't use up all of my savings. 

I mean, what avatars are you saving for? If you're planning on buying an item needed for an avatar, you can always resell the item. Same with collateral, you'll get the NPs back..whereas if you buy the pb..then you have to start all over.

My Draik. And I'm kind of leaning towards going for the pb right now. Regardless of whether I buy it now and save or buy the three grimoires and get the pb later, I'm still going to have to spend the same amount of money on all that stuff combined. I'll see if I still feel the same when I hit the amount I need.

Okay, it just depends on what you want more. You can always save up again, regardless. I will take a step back (so to speak) and think how would I feel if I bought a certain item and then had to wait to buy another item. Often I can figure what I want most. If that doesn't work, weigh the pros and cons. For example, looking at which item is less expensive, is it easier/better to buy the lower cost item and then save up again, or is it better to save up for the more expensive items, buy them and then save up again to buy the less expensive item. Personally, I would choose the latter (generally speaking) because although you have to save up for longer to get the more expensive items, it takes less time to work your way back up to the lower cost item. I know it can still be difficult waiting. Nevertheless, it's of course ultimately your decision.

I decided I'm going to be boooooooring and keep saving, at least until I can borrow the last of the ALP items. I might not be able to hold out for all the Hidden Tower avatars before I snag that paint brush, though! I assume grey paint brushes are pretty easy to find at any given moment, I've always seen them in the tp.