How Neo likes to troll us: share your tales of woe!

jellysundae

I usually get a decent amount of books from Kiko Pop (I always use the easy setting - Alvin's scorn notwithstanding, lol - and aim for the centre balloon, gives me a 99.9% success rate). Now I'd been stockpiling books for ages; since some time last year when my good friend and excellent Neo mentor rntracy1 taught me about the book smarts boon. Finally got to use the boon last week, raised my pet's intelligence by around 300, result! \o/

So every day while the boon lasted I visited Alvin, ever hopeful of winning more books, and...not a one! xD

Oh but today, now that the boon's ended what do I get...a book my pet's not read before... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Made me laugh; couldn't resist it, Alvin, could you! :P

I bet I'll gain quite a few more now, too! xD Oh well, back to tucking them away in my SDB until that boon comes around again. :D

What trololol stuff does Neo do to you?

That is hilarious. xD I can't really think of a time Neopets trolled me... There was a time I tried restocking for an entire evening (didn't find a single decent thing either :() and then I got the random event that gives you a bunch of NP. I made more from that than I had the whole evening. :P

Oooh, I want a Book Smarts boon... I hope next Obelisk war will feature one...

Speaking about trolling... I have just trying out Restocking on some battle shops when I spotted a very valuable item. I offered one digit more than it should be when haggling, due to panic-stricken, and then the shop wizard won't get lower than my offer! I ended up paying 1 million for a 100k priced item T_T Although the price market is around 9 millions, so theoretically I made a profit, but still it kinda hurts...

• 1 month later...

Under the category of SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED...
Dr. Sloth has his "associates" take 20% of your Neopoints away to support his next Neopian invasion effort. 
I had 188,000 np out and was about to go donate to my Guild, now it went to 158,000 np. :grrr:

It would have to be the notorious Angry Tax Beast (25% of your neopoints out) and Sloth's Tax Invasion. I have collectively lost between all my accounts at least 10 million from those two and maybe the regular tax beast on another account. I still ONLY have the silver trophy for angry tax beast and gold for invasion. I usually am hit more when I have a lot of NP in the bank, in fact when I had about 60m I got tax beast 3 times in a month. 

Not like it really affects me but it really does slow down my R99 Gallery progress!

Greenblink_Side [4 Angry Tax Beasts]

Angry Tax Beast 467,825 Points Grand Master

[2 Sloth Invasions]

Sloth's Invasion Tax 1,227,682 Points Grand Master

I think there's GOT to be some coding in there that raises the likelihood of NP reducing SHHs etc. the more cash you have. :evil2: Bit cruel, but sensible from TNT's perspective, I guess.

HA! Maybe, Neopia needs to reflect RL in another way and one of the so far unused islands should become a tax haven for all the super-rich Neopians to flee to. :laugh:

I'm totally being trolled by the battledome and training school right now, they are ganging up against me!! *dramatic arm flailing*

That techo master just LOVES to ask for codestones that you don't have, right? Right now he seems fixated with Har ones (which is better than his previous fav of Eo, I'll give him that much) finally got one from the BD so I could finish paying for training (I HATE paying for codestones and will wait indefinitely until I get the ones I need from fighting), yesterday when I started the next course he asked for THREE Har ones! Seriously?! :laugh:

Let's see how long it will be before the BD gives me ANY...

ucqyYHw.png

24 minutes ago, Angeló said:

well , in the Qasalan Expellibox , I ALWAYS land on the spot right NEXT to the jackpot :Oasalan ExpelliboxQasalan ExpelliboxQlan Expellib

HA! Yes...that also likes to frighten you by looking like it's going to land on...the skull  :bigeyed:

I often go to another tab after releasing the scarab because I can't watch >_< The noise it makes lets me know if I have to start swearing or not. xD

3 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

HA! Yes...that also likes to frighten you by looking like it's going to land on...the skull  :bigeyed:

I often go to another tab after releasing the scarab because I can't watch >_< The noise it makes lets me know if I have to start swearing or not. xD

last month i landed on the skull 4 days in a row ... 

23 minutes ago, Angeló said:

last month i landed on the skull 4 days in a row ... 

No way! D:<

Having said that...I stopped playing Expellibox for ages because that bratty skull kept getting me. I only started doing it again after CC retriggered my urge to collect as much STUFF as possible. :ph34r: