Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

Is there something weird going on with the prizes?  I received an item worth *7 million neopoints!*  I put it up for trade - and now it's gone, a Red Frost Cannon has mysteriously appeared in my inventory, and some extra NP have appeared in my account.  Earlier I won a Fire Bori Morphing Potion, which disappeared from my inventory and was replaced with Space Faerie Blocks.  Anyone else have anything weird like this going on?

2 hours ago, cyanidah said:

Is there something weird going on with the prizes?  I received an item worth *7 million neopoints!*  I put it up for trade - and now it's gone, a Red Frost Cannon has mysteriously appeared in my inventory, and some extra NP have appeared in my account.  Earlier I won a Fire Bori Morphing Potion, which disappeared from my inventory and was replaced with Space Faerie Blocks.  Anyone else have anything weird like this going on?

I don't know what that is, but I would suggest changing your password and PIN immediately, just in case. Double check your SDB, shop and gallery to see if any of the missing items are there.

I got a THYORAS TEAR for donating some r98 plants i ahd laying around that are otherwise useless. OMG

4 hours ago, cyanidah said:

I second what deboratibi said. Change your password to something more secure, add a PIN, maybe run a malware scan (this is bordering on paranoia but just in case) to see if someone gave you a keystroke virus. 

10 hours ago, alexinwonderland said:

I got a THYORAS TEAR for donating some r98 plants i ahd laying around that are otherwise useless. OMG

wow that's nice , it goes for 30Mil ... i'm about to donate some R90+ books myself .. the two times i did only gave me wearables worth about 15k each (1/10 of the price of the donated items, but hey i got them for free so ...) so i'm hoping for something good this time ...

11 hours ago, cyanidah said:

I put it up for trade - and now it's gone, a Red Frost Cannon has mysteriously appeared in my inventory, and some extra NP have appeared in my account.  Earlier I won a Fire Bori Morphing Potion, which disappeared from my inventory and was replaced with Space Faerie Blocks.

as they said .. change your password and pin ! someone made a junk offer on your trade and it was accepted .. 

on the other hand ... do you have a younger sibling who plays neopets ? maybe they got to your account and accepted that offer on your behalf .. 

Well, I changed my passwords, but the damage was done.  Hope someone's enjoying that Illusen's Diary.  :(  I tried donating a few more things but didn't receive anything good in return (most had a value of under 10000 NP).  Wish they were accepting toys this time around.  I have hundreds of Tyrannian Skeith Plushies....grrrrrrrrrr.

I'd been stocking throughout the year and about 7 or so of the R90+ items I've been collecting are able to donate.  (I'll save my other hoards and hope they come up next year)

I've got about 500 R90+ items left.  Should I donate or sell?  All of the items are selling at 50k so that would be a pretty hefty profit that I wouldn't have to worry about re-selling later.  But if I donate I might get really lucky.

Either way, I'm going to donate tons of R20 items so I can get the gold trophy since there are cheap books out there.

25 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I've got about 500 R90+ items left.  Should I donate or sell?  All of the items are selling at 50k

500 x 50k = 250 Million ... is there any R99 item worth that ..?? and even if you get several R99 items (suppose you got 5 Thyora's Tears or Stamps .. that's still only 150 Mil) 

but are they really selling for 50k ? Prices deflated today I'm seeing lots of items for 15-25k ...  

I didn't' check prices again today, but 500 x 50k is 25 million not 250 million (I wish!).  (And of course seeing them in shops for a price doesn't mean people are buying them all at that price but it's a ballpark.)

500 x 15k = 7.5 million so with that I'd definitely donate all the items.  On the other hand, I remember in past Charity corners the prices went up as it went on so maybe they'll inflate again?  

I guess my main thing is I've got either NP for sure or 100 gambles.....

Edit: While I was hoarding for this I limited myself to 2k per items so I've put it under 1M so far (not counting all of the hoarded items I've got that don't qualify this year).

13 minutes ago, geoterza said:

On the other hand, I remember in past Charity corners the prices went up as it went on so maybe they'll inflate again?  

yes the last two days are usually hectic ... but this year lots of people have been hoarding items so maybe prices will stabilize ?

25 Million ... my bad - i hate maths ..

500 items means you'll donate 100 times ... i'm sure on the long run it'll be more profitable than selling them ... personally i think i'm too chicken to try that (I donated R90+ 5 times and the best item i got was a stamp worth 30k) ...  

So for all you guys donating the R90+ plus stuff, I have a question.

If I donate R60 stuff, I can win anything from R60 through R69.   But if I donate R90+ stuff, is it split up R90-95 and R96-99?  Or can 5 R90 items still get you an R98?

Thanks!  I'm just wondering if I should focus on R96-99 ones, or if anything above R90 is the same.

I almost forgot to ask!

I remember during a previous Charity Corner that there was a place to buy items, there was at least one book, (R30 or something low like that) where you can buy the items constantly and they don't restock.  They're just always there.  Namely, I remember being able to buy an unlimited amount of the book for under 200np and it was great for getting a better trophy when all the cheap books had sold out.  But I can't remember where!

By the way, for those trying to sell R90 items, be careful of the zero when you stock your shop.  If you try to type 25000, it's easy to accidentally leave the zero in front of your cursor, making it 02500, or 2500.  Make certain it says the price you want before hitting submit, or you're going to be giving someone a bargain you didn't intend!

Geoterza, I think you are seeking the general store.    http://www.neopets.com/generalstore.phtml

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

8 minutes ago, geoterza said:

I almost forgot to ask!

I remember during a previous Charity Corner that there was a place to buy items, there was at least one book, (R30 or something low like that) where you can buy the items constantly and they don't restock.  They're just always there.  Namely, I remember being able to buy an unlimited amount of the book for under 200np and it was great for getting a better trophy when all the cheap books had sold out.  But I can't remember where!

The General Store, located here: http://www.neopets.com/generalstore.phtml, stocks, 24/7, some Food, Toys, Grooming, Books, and Clothes items. I did see on the Neoboards, where some tried and noted not all of the items would work. The General Store was a blessing from Fyora, for Charity Corner 2015. I wouldn't have been able to donate half as much, without it.

59 minutes ago, suzanoberle said:

If I donate R60 stuff, I can win anything from R60 through R69.   But if I donate R90+ stuff, is it split up R90-95 and R96-99?  Or can 5 R90 items still get you an R98?

Thanks!  I'm just wondering if I should focus on R96-99 ones, or if anything above R90 is the same.

i think it doesnt matter .. you can donate R90 and win R99 items , but i may be wrong

1 hour ago, suzanoberle said:

11 minutes ago, Angeló said:

i think it doesnt matter .. you can donate R90 and win R99 items , but i may be wrong

This year, the donation ranges are: R1-69, R70-79, R80-89, and R90-99. And, you are "given" a prize based on the lowest rarity item of the 5 donated. So, no, it is not split up for R90+ items, this year. You can donate items from R90-R99. But, remember, the higher rarity items you donate, the higher rarity you will get back. So, it would be better to focus on R96-R99, if you are wanting to get a higher rarity prize, but you don't have to. For example, I donated 5 "Twirly Plants" (R98 - Thank you Fishing Vortex!). In theory, I should at least get a prize that is R98, and could, maybe, get an R99 one. Make sense?

Guys!! I don't think you want to be spending money on items from the general Store, they're all in the "special" category and can't be used for this event. <_<

39 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

you are "given" a prize based on the lowest rarity item of the 5 donated

you are right .. i donated 3 items R88 - 89 and 2 items R90 and my item was R88 ... so basically I "lost" 2 R90's 

Soo, how come I was winning items mainly in the r.60 range when I was donating r.30 food. That's just confusing! :confused:

Also...someone shoot me for all the carnival of terror sprinklers that I've discarded in the past. I totally didn't realise they are an r.90 item!! :axehead:

First donation of those... Starry Hissi Morphing Potion pot_hissi_starry.gif 

Ah, an untapped resource that I'd not thought of before...my closet! There's a few back/foreground items that are in the gift category and that I'm happy to be rid of! :D

5 minutes ago, Neopets9738368 said:

Just out of curiosity since I missed the first day, what was the category for donation?

i see today is books.... Have gotten some insane items from donating and loving it!

There's 5 different categories: books, coffee and beverages, food, furniture and gardening, and gifts. Books is likely the one you see because it's the first guy on the row of 5 staff members in the pic there, so he's probably the default.

Click on one of the others and you'll get to donate what they're collecting. :nod_yes:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

Soo, how come I was winning items mainly in the r.60 range when I was donating r.30 food. That's just confusing! :confused:

Also...someone shoot me for all the carnival of terror sprinklers that I've discarded in the past. I totally didn't realise they are an r.90 item!! :axehead:

First donation of those... Starry Hissi Morphing Potion pot_hissi_starry.gif 

Ah, an untapped resource that I'd not thought of before...my closet! There's a few back/foreground items that are in the gift category and that I'm happy to be rid of! :D

So, the first range for donating items is R1-R69. You are generally given an item based on the lowest rarity of the 5 donated items. So, for donating 5 R30 items, you should at least get an R30 item back, but I believe you have a chance of getting an item up to R69. The "odds" may be better in the lower range. Who knows?

What would be the best Battledome arena and challenger that will have the best return on r90 items for me to use for this event? I've been fighting Kauvara cause she has a book that's r90+ you can get with on just her easy level. But I haven't gotten any from her yet :(

@Angeló what items are you seeing for 15k-25k? I haven't been able to find ANY that cheap!

I broke down and started buying some items in shops, but luckily have had good returns

I got these; both of which have not been seen in shops, auctions, trade since Nov according to JN, last known price for the crepe was about 1m and the other was the 400k/500k, I only spent about 125k each to get them

Gooseberry CrepeGold Balloon