Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

How many times have you donated? I am so curious to know.

I am s-l-o-w-l-y going through my SDB and I donated 158 "regular" items, and donated 14 "NC Mall" items...for a total of 172 times so far.

It's more than last year. Which is good! ^_^

I kinda want to empty out my SDB and donate all my books and food items to the CC. Am I crazy? Is it even worth it?

Thoughts?

24 minutes ago, tk421beth said:

How many times have you donated? I am so curious to know.

I am s-l-o-w-l-y going through my SDB and I donated 158 "regular" items, and donated 14 "NC Mall" items...for a total of 172 times so far.

It's more than last year. Which is good! ^_^

I kinda want to empty out my SDB and donate all my books and food items to the CC. Am I crazy? Is it even worth it?

Thoughts?

Well, according to the FAQS, there will be a trophy for Charity Corner 2017. Most seem to be donating for the trophy tiers from the last Charity Corner, in 2015. However, as this year's CC is shorter than the last two (7.5 days, vs. approx 14 days), the trophy tiers could be different, possibly lower. (2000 or more donations for a gold trophy, two items, a very rare background, 10K NP and 250 NC, from CC 2015). Again, no one knows for sure, expect TNT. So, the more you donate, the possibility you have at getting a better trophy. Personally, I am having fun donating items. I did get some, nice, R99 items. The last two CCs, I didn't get "nice" R99 items, so that alone, makes it worth it, for me. I even had fun donating "Pumpkin Pie" (R1), just see what I would get. But, I am crazy. If you are wanting to make money and clear out your SDB, now would be the time. They didn't have a Charity Corner in 2016, so they might or might not have one in 2018. But, you can always start "stock piling" afterwards, just in case.

I think it all boils down to what type of "Neopian" (Neopets Player) you are. Go with what feels right to you.

Oh, and, "You have donated 241 times. How generous!"

8 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Well, according to the FAQS, there will be a trophy for Charity Corner 2017. Most seem to be donating for the trophy tiers from the last Charity Corner, in 2015. However, as this year's CC is shorter than the last two (7.5 days, vs. approx 14 days), the trophy tiers could be different, possibly lower. (2000 or more donations for a gold trophy, two items, a very rare background, 10K NP and 250 NC, from CC 2015). Again, no one knows for sure, expect TNT. So, the more you donate, the possibility you have at getting a better trophy. Personally, I am having fun donating items. I did get some, nice, R99 items. The last two CCs, I didn't get "nice" R99 items, so that alone, makes it worth it, for me. I even had fun donating "Pumpkin Pie" (R1), just see what I would get. But, I am crazy. If you are wanting to make money and clear out your SDB, now would be the time. They didn't have a Charity Corner in 2016, so they might or might not have one in 2018. But, you can always start "stock piling" afterwards, just in case.

I think it all boils down to what type of "Neopian" (Neopets Player) you are. Go with what feels right to you.

Oh, and, "You have donated 241 times. How generous!"

I actually sold a few items for a lot of NP, but when I put them in my shop it was less than the SSW asking price. I felt a little bad, knowing the items are really not so inflated...but hey, I can use the NP's

I was pleased to get some rare items. I did not keep track, but I need to start doing that next time ;)

I decided to donate half, and but half into my shop. The best of both worlds. I cannot believe how much some (usually) cheap books and foods are right now. :O

I've donated every stock-piled item out of my SDB, I've donated 510 times.

Oh wait, I haven't donated everything, I did sell the last of my cache of twirly plants (made a swift 230k).

My shop is where I stash my hoard of kad food, I have 382 unique items in there...so tempted to donate all of those too, the donation process is so fun. :lmaosmiley:

Plus I've only got to feed 4 more kads to get the avatar, and I'm kind of enjoying being so close, but holding back. :laugh:

44 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Oh wait, I haven't donated everything, I did sell the last of my cache of twirly plants (made a swift 230k).

My shop is where I stash my hoard of kad food, I have 382 unique items in there...so tempted to donate all of those too, the donation process is so fun. :lmaosmiley:

Plus I've only got to feed 4 more kads to get the avatar, and I'm kind of enjoying being so close, but holding back. :laugh:

I FORGOT ABOUT THE TWIRLY PLANTS! I am donating some, and putting the rest into my shop.

EDIT: Amazing. I just made 92k. Maybe I should sell them all ^_^

Here's a list of most of the R90's that you can get from dailies aside from battledome prizes as those are more well known. Check those SDBs!!!

• Brightvale Castle
  • Brightvale Maps
  • Buried Scroll
  • Candy Pirate Earrings
  • Carrot Sculpture
  • Cartography For Beginners
  • Casket Table
  • Chocolate Bearog Claw
  • Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake
  • Chokato Crepe
  • Coffee Service
  • Dark Red Spooky Candle
  • Deserted Desert Scroll
  • Diamond Hot Dog
  • Elegant Tea Service
  • Fruit and Vegetable Hand Roll
  • Glow-in-the-Dark Moon
  • Gold Gem Negg
  • Hanging Fruit Basket
  • Haunted Milk
  • Iced Soy Chai Latte
  • Indoor Pirate Cannon
  • Inflatable Bouncy Pirate Ship
  • Keeping The Peace
  • King Hagan
  • Mint Chocolate Kacheek
  • Moon Crunch Cereal
  • Moon Dust Scroll
  • Moon Paving Stone
  • Neovian Darkfall
  • Orange Gummy Stamp
  • Organic Peanut
  • Outdoor Pirate Flag
  • Pink Apple Lantern
  • Puntec Fruit
  • Return of Dr. Sloth Valentine Card Set
  • Tablet of the Zombie
  • Tale of Woe Valentine Card Set
  • The Scary Truth
  • Tigersquash Crepe
  • Tropical Flora and Fauna
  • Twirly Plant
  • Ultimate Icy Negg
  • Walking Carpet Cotton Candy
  • Whole Anchovy Pizza
  • Whole Chilli Deluxe Pizza
  • Zeenana Crepe
  • Zombie Handbook

WOAH, look what I got! :bigeyed:

Holographic Coltzans Shrine Stamp

stamp_desert_shrine.gif

Price History

Price unable to be determined by JN staff on November 22, 2016
18,500,000 NP (-3,500,000 NP) on April 4, 2016
22,000,000 NP (+2,000,000 NP) on January 15, 2016

*faints*

55 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

WOAH, look what I got! :bigeyed:

Holographic Coltzans Shrine Stamp

stamp_desert_shrine.gif

Price History

Price unable to be determined by JN staff on November 22, 2016
18,500,000 NP (-3,500,000 NP) on April 4, 2016
22,000,000 NP (+2,000,000 NP) on January 15, 2016

*faints*

*faints with jellysundae*

WOW! It's always cool when you "know" someone who gets awesome stuff from Neopets. That is such a neat looking stamp! Can I have your autograph?!

17 minutes ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

WOW! It's always cool when you "know" someone who gets awesome stuff from Neopets. That is such a neat looking stamp! Can I have your autograph?!

Haha, yeah, sure ;D *writes on Scoobert in permanent marker* :angel:

Really is a neat stamp though, isn't it? I've gained a nice selection of pretty ones from this event. :D

4 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

Oh. My. God. I am so jealous. So so jealous. *squeals and wails in envy*

I want all of these awesome items people are getting @.@ I got one stamp I needed, which was nice. But only a few clothing items otherwise. Nothing very high value for resale either. I want to get at least 100 donations due to the cut off for the bronze trophy last time, but ughhh. I've not spent anything yet, but have run out of things to donate from my sdb that I'm willing to part with XD 64 donations down, I guess. We'll see if I make it much further@.@

42 minutes ago, Spyke said:

I want all of these awesome items people are getting @.@ I got one stamp I needed, which was nice. But only a few clothing items otherwise. Nothing very high value for resale either. I want to get at least 100 donations due to the cut off for the bronze trophy last time, but ughhh. I've not spent anything yet, but have run out of things to donate from my sdb that I'm willing to part with XD 64 donations down, I guess. We'll see if I make it much further@.@

If you're just donating for the sake of donating try Icky Fruit, they were fairly cheap the other day at under 200NP each. I believe they're R70 so not too bad. Might still get some good items out of it. :)

Despite what I said earlier I've also gotten sucked in and have donated 54 times so far. I'm also going to try for the 100 mark and after that I'm done! Ugh I hate this event!

today i doanted R76 and R80 items and i got 16th Birthday Goodie Bag (now going for 30k but will re-inflate after the event) and a couple nice wearables and foods and a weapon worth 15k (Stone Club)

wow @jellysundae what did you donate to get this stamp ?!

I made a decision yesterday...

15 hours ago, jellysundae said:

It bit me on the bum! lol.

I need to preface this by mentioning that I have MS and my brain is broke. One of the myriad problems is v.poor decision-making skills, because poor old brain takes so long to process anything that I will have acted on a thought before it can step in and say, "hey wait a minute, that's not such a good idea because..." and that's what happened yesterday. >_<

I looked at the amount I'd already donated - 510 - and at the amount of kad food stored in my shop -382- and thought "woah, that's nearly 900 donations, Imma aim for 1000!!! :lmaosmiley:"

You see the problem there? :rolleyes:

Sadly I didn't until I'd donated everything and couldn't understand why I only had 633 donations instead of close to 900. >_< It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure it out. But now I'm on a mission to hit 1000 no matter what, lol! Made a bunch of cash selling stocks yesterday, so I'm gonna be stalking the ol' shop wiz today ;D Had a good start as I've got furniture items from the Money Tree, and the Chia Clown must think I'm hungry as he keeps giving me food. I'm on my way to 1000 donations! :medieval:

@ Angeló  I can't remember what the items were, all in the r.90s range, but I don't think any were r.99 ones...can't be more helpful than that.

I don't know if the "mention" thing will work, I don't actually know how to do it so I'm just copying how it looks and hoping for the best. :blush:

4 hours ago, jellysundae said:

@ Angeló  I can't remember what the items were, all in the r.90s range, but I don't think any were r.99 ones...can't be more helpful than that.

that's ok .. you encouraged me to donate more R90's ... maybe i'll do that on the last minute of the last day 

31 minutes ago, Angeló said:

that's ok .. you encouraged me to donate more R90's ... maybe i'll do that on the last minute of the last day 

Haha, why the last minute though? Add to the thrill?

I see I didn't  manage to ping you when I tried before, can you tell me how to do it? I've always wondered, but never been able to find any info that tells you how.

11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

Haha, why the last minute though? Add to the thrill?

I see I didn't  manage to ping you when I tried before, can you tell me how to do it? I've always wondered, but never been able to find any info that tells you how.

Try removing the space between the "@" and Angeló, as seen in your original message - "@ Angeló  I can't remember what the items were, all in the r.90s range, but I don't think any were r.99 ones...can't be more helpful than that."

Just "@" and then the user name, no space, such as @jellysundae.

EDIT: And, to stay on topic, "You have donated 258 times. How generous!" My last good, rare item was a "Magical Red Buzz Plushie". Never had a magical plushie!

Just now, Scoobert_Doo said:

Try removing the space between the "@" and Angeló, as seen in your original message - "@ Angeló  I can't remember what the items were, all in the r.90s range, but I don't think any were r.99 ones...can't be more helpful than that."

Just "@" and then the user name, no space, such as @jellysundae.

DOH!I didn't think I'd put a space, I hadn't intended  to, LOL! :rolleyes: Thanks Scoobert! :D At least that's why it didn't work, not something complicated (complicated to my busted brain, at least!)

THIS IS LIKE GAMBLING AND I AM LOSING!!

On another note, if there is an avatar SURELY if you have to donate every day to get it then the second won't count? Being a half day? Crossing my fingers

3 hours ago, missmadiemay said:

THIS IS LIKE GAMBLING AND I AM LOSING!!

On another note, if there is an avatar SURELY if you have to donate every day to get it then the second won't count? Being a half day? Crossing my fingers

I'm not donating every day, so if that is a requirement then I'm gonna be out of luck aren't I? :)

I hope it's not a requirement, I'd have thought participation would be enough, without being FORCED to be on every day.

But then in the time I've been active on here I've seen people worrying before about needing to do [insert thing here] every day of an event, to gain [insert thing here] at the end of it, and so far that's not turned out to be the case.

11 minutes ago, jellysundae said:

I'm not donating every day, so if that is a requirement then I'm gonna be out of luck aren't I? :)

I hope it's not a requirement, I'd have thought participation would be enough, without being FORCED to be on every day.

But then in the time I've been active on here I've seen people worrying before about needing to do [insert thing here] every day of an event, to gain [insert thing here] at the end of it, and so far that's not turned out to be the case.

I believe that's what you had to do for the last Charity Corner (which I did not o_O), but I could be mistaken. I wish they would bring it back rather than make a new one! Seeing those unobtainable avatars on my list irks me like no other.

20 minutes ago, missmadiemay said:

I believe that's what you had to do for the last Charity Corner (which I did not o_O), but I could be mistaken. I wish they would bring it back rather than make a new one! Seeing those unobtainable avatars on my list irks me like no other.

I honestly can't remember about the last one, I know I got the avatar but not the how of it. I'm useful like that. :lmaosmiley:

16 hours ago, Rune Valentine said:

I've been getting tons of pants for different pets. Pants. A lot of pants.

Apparently, Neopets thinks I really should wear pants. (I hate them with a passion :P)

Yup.  Lots of R90+ clothes for every species except those of my pets, and they don't sell.  :(  Anyone want some Dystopic Flotsam Shoes?  :)

17 hours ago, Rune Valentine said:

I've been getting tons of pants for different pets. Pants. A lot of pants.

Apparently, Neopets thinks I really should wear pants. (I hate them with a passion :P)

Psh who needs pants anywho!?!?

I've reached around 339 donations, my goal is 1000 or more, I think I've only missed about 1 day (which was the first) so I'm hoping I can get an avie if is has to do with days.... if there is one it really needs to show up now guys! lol

My best item that had an ACTUALLY price listed on JN was the Magical Kiko Plushie which is 1.9m, but I think my most expensive item is the Skunk Mynci Plushie which has in the last two years been around 9.5m, last know price was 6m, and my favorite given item would probably have to be my Girmtooth Stamp worth 2m. 

Magical Yellow Kiko PlushieSkunk Mynci PlushieGrimtooth Stamp

I've definietly made a profit on just these three items alone and that's not counting my various other items that could potentially go 1m+, question is do I keep buying and donating? I've run out of SDB items.... oh man....