Charity Corner 2017 Begins!

hrtbrk

Has anyone had good luck donating 5 of the same item in the r90+ range? It seems when I do, I don't get as good of a prize as when donating a mix. Maybe it's still random, and I have only donated 31 times so far, so my results may not be as fantastic as some. I just wonder if the program locks in on the one rarity number and maybe doesn't look at as many options as when sending in a mix of rarity values. Or are all the potential r90-r99 item prizes in the same pool together?

My second question relates to quantity vs. quality of donations. If I start donating lower items, to get a higher number of total donations, will that dilute my end of Charity Corner reward value (assuming I may be able to get to a prize level by tomorrow)? I think out of my total of 31 donation times a couple were in the 80's range. Another edit: are there any valuable enough items in the lower brackets worth doing this for? My two 80s donations of books yielded just books of similar value.

Third question: I've been hedging my bets by selling some of the desired donation items from my SDB. Will the prices go up even more tomorrow?

@lakecat it doesnt matter if the 5 items are the same or different ..

If I start donating lower items, to get a higher number of total donations, will that dilute my end of Charity Corner reward value ?

no .. only the amount of donations is what matters .. the point of the event is to help empty the servers .. not everyone can donate JUST R90's all the time

Will the prices go up even more tomorrow?

so far prices have been consistent .. i dont think prices will reach 50k though .. there's a possibility lots of people are holding back as well , waiting for the last day to unload their items ... so maybe prices will actually go down a bit as well ... so it's really hard to say right now

1 hour ago, lakecat said:

Has anyone had good luck donating 5 of the same item in the r90+ range? It seems when I do, I don't get as good of a prize as when donating a mix. Maybe it's still random, and I have only donated 31 times so far, so my results may not be as fantastic as some. I just wonder if the program locks in on the one rarity number and maybe doesn't look at as many options as when sending in a mix of rarity values. Or are all the potential r90-r99 item prizes in the same pool together?

My second question relates to quantity vs. quality of donations. If I start donating lower items, to get a higher number of total donations, will that dilute my end of Charity Corner reward value (assuming I may be able to get to a prize level by tomorrow)? I think out of my total of 31 donation times a couple were in the 80's range. Another edit: are there any valuable enough items in the lower brackets worth doing this for? My two 80s donations of books yielded just books of similar value.

Third question: I've been hedging my bets by selling some of the desired donation items from my SDB. Will the prices go up even more tomorrow?

For your first question, it's just random. It doesn't matter if they are all the same rarity, or a mix. By donating 5 R90+ items, you have a chance of receiving a R90+ item. Again, I like to go back to stebenjos post. He purchased 300 R90+ items. 300 items = 60 donations. Of those 60 donations he received 12 rare items (I believe they were R99). Are stebenjos returns typical? I don't know. I've seen lots of posts on the Neoboards where some have gotten good stuff and others they said they didn't get anything good. I think you mainly hear about the "good stuff", as everyone is excited with what they got. It is all a gamble.

Personally, I believe you have to donate a bit, just to get 1 "good" rare item. And, I believe you are thinking about the other part of Charity Corner - the possible NP you could have made selling those R90+ items. I donated 5 of the same items, because I already had them in my SDB and it was just easier to donate them, as I knew they all had the same rarity, rather than having to find items with 5 of each other. I guess I'm lazy, but I think the outcome would have been the same, either way (If I donated a mix of R90+ items). Plus, I didn't think of it as a loss. I already had the items in my SDB from doing dailies. I knew I'd get an item in return. I'm not concerned with selling my items, so, for me, I had/am having fun "gambling". The last two Charity Corner events, I didn't have a lot of R90+ item to donate, so I really didn't get any R99 items from it. Like Rune Valentine and others, I seemed to get clothes. Nothing a Gelert could wear. So, I guess the question is, what do you wish to get from Charity Corner 2017? Do you wish to make NP or get a R99 item? I'm sure it is both, but you may have to spend NP to do that.

For your second and third questions, @Angelóanswered them very well.

Good luck!

7 hours ago, lakecat said:

It's a total hit or miss. I've donated sets of R99 things and gotten R90 clothing that was only worth a couple of thousand. I've donated R90 and gotten R99 stuff too that was worth several million. 

A lot of the stuff I donated was in my SDB already, since I've been hoarding stuff for two years from doing dailies, REs, battledome prizes, etc.  Since a lot of R90+ stuff is dirt cheap when CC isn't happening, I wound up not selling them b/c I didn't see the point of only getting 10-20 NPs for them (Happy Face Lattes come to mind). It's fun gambling, and I personally enjoy seeing what random things CC gives you. 

It's up to you whether or not you want to sell, but I think prices are probably going to steady for tomorrow.... I could be wrong though. 

18 minutes ago, decchild said:

It's a total hit or miss. I've donated sets of R99 things and gotten R90 clothing that was only worth a couple of thousand. I've donated R90 and gotten R99 stuff too that was worth several million. 

A lot of the stuff I donated was in my SDB already, since I've been hoarding stuff for two years from doing dailies, REs, battledome prizes, etc.  Since a lot of R90+ stuff is dirt cheap when CC isn't happening, I wound up not selling them b/c I didn't see the point of only getting 10-20 NPs for them (Happy Face Lattes come to mind). It's fun gambling, and I personally enjoy seeing what random things CC gives you. 

It's up to you whether or not you want to sell, but I think prices are probably going to steady for tomorrow.... I could be wrong though. 

The first part of what you said answered one of my lingering questions: that r90s can get you an r99 and vice versa. That happened to me a few times. Before that I had assumed that your prize would match the donated items rarity level exactly, or go higher. Everything else you say matches my experience as well. I only had those items because it was quicker to drop them in the SDB. Plus, I've noticed over the years how cheap items can inflate during special events. I've been doing a mix of selling and donating, with some good results. It's been worth it. My only problem now is finding the time to either keep donating or keep pulling things up from the SDB and pricing them for sale. I wish I had done more sooner. For a few years now I've been limiting myself to just dailies and a few games, but I'm making exceptions for large paying events.

Well I finally made it to my 100 donations tonight and am officially done! :D

I have put up items for sale in my shop such as books for anyone who is interested. They've been priced cheaper then what I seen on the shop wiz and what's even better is you'll be helping a fellow TDNer on her stamp quest. :)

Sooo does anyone know why the previous Charity Corner's avatar was being awarded? I got a new one today, not a re-release:

Something Has Happened!
charitycorner2017.gif You are now eligible to use 'Winter Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I have donated to every category, every day, 125 items and nothing!  Yet my son, only donated 53 items and got it.  I don't understand how it is being given out.  I am very frustrated. I checked to make sure I didn't have it yet and nope, I didn't get it.  This is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, missmadiemay said:

Are you talking about the new one or the old one?

the new one.  My son got the new one.  I have the old one.  I expect to get the new one too.  I have donated faithfully every day and I am over 130 items now.  I have donated to every category.  IDK what else to do

Just now, rntracy1 said:

the new one.  My son got the new one.  I have the old one.  I expect to get the new one too.  I have donated faithfully every day and I am over 130 items now.  I have donated to every category.  IDK what else to do

How many times have you donated? Is that what you meant with the 130, or you meant 130 items so you donated 26 times? I got the avatar (new) on my 205th donation which was the first one of today. Maybe you have to donate 100 times as well as every day? I did not donate every category every day, but did donate every category at least once.

I want to know how people were getting the old one, or if it was a fluke <_<

1 minute ago, missmadiemay said:

How many times have you donated? Is that what you meant with the 130, or you meant 130 items so you donated 26 times? I got the avatar (new) on my 205th donation which was the first one of today. Maybe you have to donate 100 times as well as every day? I did not donate every category every day, but did donate every category at least once.

I want to know how people were getting the old one, or if it was a fluke <_<

@missmadiemay, Did you get the Charity Corner 2015 avatar, from 2015, or did you not participate in that CC?

Just now, Scoobert_Doo said:

@missmadiemay, Did you get the Charity Corner 2015 avatar, from 2015, or did you not participate in that CC?

I participated, but I think I was having some computer issues or something that week so didn't donate every day. I don't have that avatar, but a few other people on the thread said they received it.. I think it was yesterday? I need it :( :( :(

Apparently there is a glitch with the avatar.  If you have received the old avatar during the 2015 event, NOT THIS ONE, you will not receive it during this event as it is glitched.  Go figure.  Hopefully they will get it worked out and we will receive our avatar.  Uggh TNT, get your crap straightened out already.

Sorry, I donated 130 times, not items.  And yes, I participated in 2015, that's why I cannot get the new avvie now.  It is glitched.

3 minutes ago, missmadiemay said:

I participated, but I think I was having some computer issues or something that week so didn't donate every day. I don't have that avatar, but a few other people on the thread said they received it.. I think it was yesterday? I need it :( :( :(

I believe @rntracy1 is right. The avatar was "glitched" and was awarding people the Charity Corner 2015 avatar, yesterday. It looks like TNT/JS fixed it. I don't think you will be able to get it, now, as you got the new one awarded.

Not liking what JN has to say about getting the new avatar for this CC event:

"IMPORTANT: If you already had the Fall avatar from the 2015 event (awarded via the regular means rather than this year's accidental re-release) it appears the new avatar is currently glitched and will not award."

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

I believe @rntracy1 is right. The avatar was "glitched" and was awarding people the Charity Corner 2015 avatar, yesterday. It looks like TNT/JS fixed it. I don't think you will be able to get it, now, as you got the new one awarded.

Not liking what JN has to say about getting the new avatar for this CC event:

"IMPORTANT: If you already had the Fall avatar from the 2015 event (awarded via the regular means rather than this year's accidental re-release) it appears the new avatar is currently glitched and will not award."

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it will be fixed at some point right? I hope you all get your avvie!

But I'm bummed for myself lol

I have no idea what is going on...I donated over 200 times, and every day, and did not get the avie.

Ugh. I spent so much time and items doing so as well! :(

Yeah, well the old one was a glitch and should have never been being awarded.  It is more of a bummer for US who have been doing what we are supposed to be doing but are still not getting our avatar.  No offense to you missmadie, but if you didn't qualify for it in 2015, then, you aren't really missing out.  But we are.  They usually do fix it, but if they don't they are going to lose more people.

So I decided to try my luck, bite the bullet, spend a ton of NP on one last set of R98 items to see if I'd have a random bit of good luck.  I got...a Blue Draik Pencil, which sells for 250 NP.  :(

On the plus side, I did get the new Winter Charity Corner avatar.

I'm not a big avatar collector, so it wasn't a priority for me. However, I got it after my 35th donation grouping today. The "Something has happened!" message popped up and there it was. I think getting it may have something to do with the rarity level you donated with. I believe all but 2, (that is, I think about 33 up to that point) of my donation groupings were in the r90-r99 category. Will I get a trophy or anything else now too?

As for whether I should keep donating and hope for another big pay off, or try to sell everything while I still have time...maybe some of both. Today has been mostly unlucky so far, with most awarded prizes being clothes worth a fraction of just one item if it were sold. If I didn't have dozens of these items in my SDB, I wouldn't have even tried this event. I'm usually very frugal, but I figured I never paid for those dailies and so why not donate and see what happens. I wouldn't recommend people spend a lot and hope they get lucky. Unless the gambling thrill appeals to you, like the Wheel of Extravagance does for some I guess.

1 minute ago, lakecat said:

I'm not a big avatar collector, so it wasn't a priority for me. However, I got it after my 35th donation grouping today. The "Something has happened!" message popped up and there it was. I think getting it may have something to do with the rarity level you donated with. I believe all but 2, (that is, I think about 33 up to that point) of my donation groupings were in the r90-r99 category.

As for whether I should keep donating and hope for another big pay off, or try to sell everything while I still have time...maybe some of both. Today has been mostly unlucky so far, with most awarded prizes being clothes worth a fraction of just one item if it were sold. If I didn't have dozens of these items in my SDB, I wouldn't have even tried this event. I wouldn't recommend people spend a lot and hope they get lucky. Unless the gambling thrill appeals to you, like the Wheel of Extravagance does for some I guess.

Well, I was looking for items with the Shop Wizard for donating, like Icky Fruit, as @Mouseykins mentioned earlier. I was getting them for 150 Np and above, a few days ago. Now, they seem to be going for 300 NP. So, if you want to sell some items, you may get a little more. Seems like prices are slightly going up, or the "cheaper" ones are being sold out.

I was quite pleasantly surprised with the avatar. This was my second time participating in CC. I hope I donated enough this year!!! Final donation count is 560. I can't imagine how you guys can do 1000-2000. My fingers hurt so much! haha :D

23 minutes ago, fiorellino said:

I was quite pleasantly surprised with the avatar. This was my second time participating in CC. I hope I donated enough this year!!! Final donation count is 560. I can't imagine how you guys can do 1000-2000. My fingers hurt so much! haha :D

I was 150+ donations in before I found out you can hit Tab and then down arrow and repeat to fill up the remaining donation boxes. Wish I would have known that from the beginning but it definitely made it a lot easier lol